671 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The teachers instructing a student in a career field were very knowledgeable and willing to help students even outside of school hours. Everyone else did not care.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The only classes that gave regular homework was the math classes, everything else was incredibly lacking.

I graduated from Inlet Grove back in 2007. During my time at Inlet Grove, the vast majority of the good teachers left. Many of the classes were completely without any form of leadership, and teachers not even caring to instill any order to their students. The teachers who remained at the school either did not even bother to waste their time teaching, or did not even hand out assignments. One particular class I was enrolled in handed out a single assignment, no tests, no exams, a single homework assignment which server as the basis for our entire grade. The lack of discipline was a massive issue, I was one of the tech students at Inlet Grove in my time, and as an excuse to give us "hands on training" we fixed everything in the school. Students were used as free labor, simple as that. As such, we held more power than half of the teachers and staff members. I cannot begin to count how many times I have seen a student not even get a reprimand because they had fixed the school's internet a week before. Do. No. Send. Your. Kids. To. This. School. Again, this is coming from a former student.

And also if your a good student that didn't get excepted into any collage Dr.Banks our principle will pay two years of collage for you free and give you a job at the school

My child enrolled in Inlet in January, and I was satisfied with the school and the way they taught my child.he even had a better attitude about school.but to the last parent. The teachers are there to teach, its up to your kid to learn. But as far as spelling. You look like you need help in that area also. Proofread before you try to put this school on blast. Inlet is a good school, and the teacher do care about the students there. But good luck to you and you choice school. But remember people misspelled things!!! You did!!!!

My child was invited to attend. So, I decided to do some research and came to this site to read the reviews. No on a can spell. It's shocking!! If that school can not teach a kid spell honors or teacher, I wouldn't want my to attend. Thank you for eye opener.

This school is amazing, when I saw the school first hand I was worried because of the location but that doesn't even matter. The students and most of the staff are nice. You can tell they really like seeing you do well, they help you out as much as possible, coming here was a really good choice. I had skipped 8th and went straight to 9th with ap and honers classes, thinking it'd be too much but its actually great. They challenge you, love this school!!

I think/hope this school is going to turn out to be a real gem. First off, it gives your motivated student the opportunity to skip 8th grade, and immediately dive into HS and even AP work, as well as start experiencing life skills in their chosen career area. Secondly, they have this amazing block schedule -- only 4 courses per semester, each class being 1 1/2 hrs. It makes so much sense, I don't know why more schools don't do this -- less homework areas, less class switching, more time to get into subject matter, and 8 classes completed in a year (instead of 7). It is my daughter's first year, and so far she really loves it, despite having to get up so early to take the train. All of her teachers are caring, smart and interested in teaching. Just one month, and my daughter is learning marketable skills. The administration seems really interested in giving your student what they want to succeed, what with career courses that give your kid real life experience, and AP and Honors courses to build GPA We requested some class changes, and guidance was very accommodating. My daughter has made some nice friends. Having to keep a "C" average weeds out some less serious kids.

This is a really nice school. It should be relocated to a better community/enviroment. Some students just have no drive or ambition and really make the school less apealing. As for administration, I think they are somewhat afair and really do care about you and your grades. The thing is the teacher and parents alone cant want something that the student themselves don't want academic wise. The bell schedule is very managable and administraion pushes you to be the best you can be with Honors, AP, and IB classes.

If you guys didn't constantly break the rules we wouldn't have to focus on them so much. One big problem at this school is that most of the students feel entitled to everything and they don't really want to work. They want to be given everything, which sadly, is a reflection of the parents. If you are self motivated and you can follow simple, basic school rules then this is a great school for you. If you are the type of student who doesn't really want to work and needs to be spoon fed everything, go back to kindergarten. PARENTS: EDUCATION STARTS AT HOME

Last modified Inlet Grove Community High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.