1,373 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I am a graduate of the class of 2000. Words can't describe how much this school has impacted my life. First off, I didn't get in first round. It took me multiple attempts before I was accepted. This made me truly appreciate the opportunity I had in front of me. From the teachers to the classmates to everyone that makes this school what it was I am so proud to have been a student here. Today I still keep in touch with many of my graduating class as well as a handful of the teachers/administration. In my daily work life (an attorney and partner in a law firm) I utilize skills that were developed at this school. Even my parents say it. Amazing is how I would describe this school. It really was for me a game changer and the years ahead that shaped me in to the person I am today. Seeing my classmates excel in their arts in California, NYC and all over the world also shows me that the school impacted them as well. Furthermore, seeing classmates that have gone back to TEACH and GIVE back to the school also speaks loudly.

they should allow the kids to audition out of their art major as they are multitalented and this is a performing arts school...i.e. dance or vocal major can audition for a theater play and vice versa. academics are extremely hard and stressful for students...some for no reason. should have intermediate +s in grades than merely A, B, C, D and F. Don't know if they have an established relationship with admissions officers at the Ivy League schools.

Seems to be a great school. Hoping for another good year for all new and returning students.

My daughter graduated from Dreyfoos last year. She completed her first year at a prestigious Boston college and did excellent! Dreyfoos totally prepared my daughter for a vigorous program of study. She took many AP courses and was active in all the honor societies there. She told me that many of her college friends were having difficulty keeping up with their studies. These kids had gone to private northeast high schools! She loved Dreyfoos and visit whenever shhe's home. My only complaint is that the school lost an exceptional language teacher (through no fault of his) who inspired the students & was loved by all! Michael went on to accept a position at a local prestigious private high school.

Hey everyone! Honestly I cried when I received the letter letting me know i was going to be part of the dreyfoos class of 2016. I went to bak in middle school and loved it so much. When i didn't get into dreyfoos i was devastated. For the past school year I have gone through hell and back. I have a serious white blood cell condition that allows me to contract illness's and miss school constantly. No less than one month in American heritage i was dubbed with having aids. Not because I acted slutty or anything like that. We must wear a uniform and i don't even wear makeup. Im also very shy so i don't talk to many guys in the first place! The entire year I was ignored in fear of "contracting" aids. People would even wipe the handles on the doors so they wouldn't catch my disese. Thankfully I kept all my friends that went to dreyfoos and I will see them again next year. God bless this school for allowing kids to be a bit quirky and accepted. I walked into school to check it out for a day and i was immediately welcomed. Please allow your child to audition here, even if they don't get in the first time.

I am a parent of two students at Dreyfoos school of the Arts and I have been very happy with the quality of their education. The strings department has been awesome. The entire orchestra is going to New York for spring break and will be playing at Carnegie Hall. Where else would Carnegie Hall be part of the education. Also they have taken over 9 AP classes and I feel they both will be very prepared for college. Many of the students go on to very competitive colleges. I am happy that they are at Dreyfoos

I had a pretty poor experience at Dreyfoos. The administration was rude and largely incompetent, it was very difficult to make friends, and the environment was cutthroat and competitive. I was disappointed with my art area because there were too many unmotivated students (which wasn't addressed by the arts teachers at all). I did enjoy the guest speakers, the flexibility with scheduling, some aspects of my art classes, and the opportunities to participate in a lot of clubs and honor societies. However, that didn't make up for the unwelcoming and inefficient nature of the school. I would not recommend it.

I love the way the teachers appeal to the students imagination by assigning projects that broaden their artistic skills while teaching them about history, social studies, etc.

Hi I need a greatschools for my daughters. We life in Dominican Republic but next year we will move to Miami. My daughters love music, dance. I will like to known if we can visit the school next month.

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. My daughter also went to Bak and is a visual arts major. She is in ninth grade now and I think the school is exemplary. Unfortunately, we have to move to NJ and she won't get to go to 10-12 here. It breaks my heart to leave. If your daughter or son has a chance to go to this school JUMP ON IT. THE BEST school experience we have ever had.

Last modified Alexander W Dreyfoos Junior School Of The Arts is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.