West Palm Beach, FL
Students enrolled: 2,249

Royal Palm Beach High School 5

Posted June 10, 2015
this fall I will be entering 10th grade. I can honestly say that I love this school so much. I take all honors classes and a few Aice. I love all of my teachers and they really work hard. Probably the best set of teachers I've ever had. The administrators work hard to ensure all of the students safety. Its obvious that Mr. Armas works hard and has really turned this school around. Even a few teachers have commented that this is the best RPBHS has ever been. Don't pay attention to what you see on the news. Take it from a student. Also, Mrs. Marolla is the best teacher ever!!!

Posted July 03, 2014
I think Royal Palm Beach is an okay school. Its basically like any other school in Palm Beach County. Typical fights, arguments between teachers and students, and teachers gossiping about students. Same old, same old. However, Royal Palm does provide great programs: AVID, Medical, STEM, A/C and so on. Programs that will help you get ready for the real thing. Principal Armas can be a little rude at times but I don't blame the guy. Some of the students can be really hardheaded. Royal Palm also has some great activities to keep the students occupied which is really great. Some of the teachers are really supportive and want whats best for their students; something I admire about Royal Palm. When it comes to substitues, Royal Palm has the worse. Not only do they lose your work but make up these lies to they can get away scot-free. Students planning on coming here, PLEASE don't leave your work with subs because all of your hard work will go down the drain faster than you can blink. Royal Palm needs to enforce their rules in a way where students will be able to follow them. Royal Palm can be a great school one student at a time :) 10th grader | 2014 - 2015

Posted May 29, 2014
School is horrible, bullying is a major problem and teachers and administion do not discipline at all which makes the problem worse. Theft is a major problem. my child had 2 cellphones stolen this year nothing done. Fights are also a major problem as well. this has been the worst school year at this nightmare of a school

Posted May 07, 2014
This school is terrible. The teachers don't care about the students at all, they hardly teach and the administrators don't handle any bullying situations. I went throughout the entire 2nd semester getting death threats where the school police were even concerned about this, but they still didn't do anything about the situation. Then I got attacked by somebody I don't even know, and the assistant principle tried lying to my parents saying that I started the fight, until someone sent my parents a video showing I didn't do anything wrong. Save yourself the time and find a different school, because Royal Palm cares more about whether or not you're wearing leggings than if you're getting an education. They'll send you to ATS all day instead of letting you go to class, over the SMALLEST things. This is a terrible school don't go here.

Posted November 10, 2013
This is my first year at royal palm after transferring from home school, i was really upset when they said i have to go to this school after all the bad things i'd heard about it. But now that i've been going here for a while i actually really like it. i haven't had any problems with any students since starting here, and most of my teachers have been amazing. One bad thing about my school though is it's lack of enforcement. Though we are meant to wear uniform, most people don't, and nothing is said about it. it is very easy to skip classes, most kids just walk around the courtyard and nobody says anything. my mom has had problems getting help from the office on many occasions, the service is not very good.

Posted February 26, 2013
I went to Royal Palm for two years, but then left due to a bullying problem. The teachers at the school (at least the one's I had) seemed to care about my dilemma and tried to help me get through it. However the administrations only cared to engage in the conflict (which they did not resolve) to make sure that i would keep my grades up. Even when the situation got dire, they only seemed to care about my grades, and how it would affect the school image. Even when I left, they kept me enrolled as a student (which increased the number of students enrolled) so that they would get more funding from the school district. The students there are terrible, and lack any kind of empathy or remorse. Skipping is a huge issue as well. If you are the parent of a child who is getting bullied, do not allow them to go here, the situation will be worse. Instead, take them out of school and put them into FLVS full time. It is a great online school, with helpful teachers who have helped me to get my grades up.

Posted December 07, 2012
I have visited Royal Palm Beach High School twice. On both occasions I observed way too many students in the halls after the bell. Teachers were not outside their doors between classes. My grandson reports widespread class skipping and abuse of the restroom hall pass. I have been told by parents the the school is improving. Please continue with increased vigilance.

Royal Palm Beach High School 4

Posted December 06, 2012
My daughter is a Junior in the Excelsior and Medical Program the school work is difficult but worth the challenge. I am aware this is not a perfect school and perhaps not all the teachers are the best. We have had good communication with all of my daughter's teachers.It is all about how much your child wants to invest in their education. I highly recommend one of the Academies or In House Program for your child.

Posted August 13, 2012
Royal Palm beach High school is a terrible school. The teachers and other faculty that work there are rude to the students, and show no compassion towards anyone. The principle has no idea how to run the school. Although he's made a noticeable change in how it was before, it's still not where it should be compared to other excelling schools. Hundreds of kids are sent to ATS (alternative to suspension) which is a room where you're sent to sit and do absolutely nothing all day. By doing this is encourages kids to skip classes that they don't want to attend without any consequences. If you cared about the environment and education that your child is surrounded by you wouldn't even consider letting your kid go to this school.

Posted July 17, 2012
This school is terrible. Some teachers try their best to help but administration shoot that down. Inappropriate behavior is displayed not only by the students but teacher and administration as well. It is sad to be in a school that treats students so unequal. Race plays a role in most discipline. The student body isn't disciplined correctly. A.T.S isn't a way to discipline for dress code. if it was the results of it would be apparent in the kids. A.T.S is a place where you are put for a pea size hole in your pants or assaulting a teacher. It is inappropriate. Missing a day of education for a small tear in your jeans is ridiculous. Over all I wouldn't send anyone I cared about to this school. This school give Palm Beach County a bad name.

Royal Palm Beach High School
10600 Okeechobee Boulevard, West Palm Beach, FL  33411
Last modified Royal Palm Beach High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Royal Palm Beach High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top