Golden Grove Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 565 students

Sweep tile

Posted August 22, 2013

Golden Grove Elementary has been a part of my family through 3 children. My overall experience has been that this is a caring, nurturing school that sets good goals and expectations for their students. They encourage family interaction and development of all children.

Posted June 2, 2012

Golden Grove is a wonderful school. We had our children in a private school the year before. The discipline and level of education we are receiving at Golden Grove surpasses that of a tuition driven school. This school also offers fun and engaging classes for parents so that they can be more helpful with their children's school work. Fun after school activities like the yearly festival, movies under the stars, dances and much more are well attended by the families and surrounding community. My two children have excelled in their academics because Mrs Adams, Mrs Morgan and Mrs Vastbinder and I could not be happier.

Posted June 1, 2012

Have to admit I was a little hesitant enrolling my daughter in this school since we absolutely loved ger last elementary. I even drove the hour each way twice a day for 1.5 years keeping her at her old school. Now my only regret is that I took so long getting her here that she will only be here for 2 years then she is off to middle school :( The school really is amazing. They do more extra curricular activities ( bashes, festivals, movie under the stars... just to name a few) then any school I have ever heard of. I am quite impressed and my daughter loves the school even more than I do. If anyone is considering looking at housing in the area I would recommend if only for the school :0)

Posted November 17, 2011

My daughter went to Golden Groves for 3 years before we moved to England in 2004. She absolutely loved the school and was a student in project Gator for 3 years. She had a wonderful basis which has served her well in her move to the British education system. Hooray for Golden Groves. I just couldn't pass up the chance to say how wonderful you are and what a wonderful foundation you gave my daughter who is about to take her major exams for a place in 6th form college and hopefully onwards to Cambridge here in the UK.

Posted June 2, 2011

I have 2 boys in GG and love it. The entire staff is great and love the project child program. It is nice to get a good education without having to send them to private school!!

Posted September 16, 2009

Golden Groves Elementary is a very progressive school that cares about the welfare and education of it's students.

Posted April 29, 2009

My TWO Children went to Golden Grove when it opened in 1997. It's an Excellent school. My son is now in 11th grade and My daughter is in 10th grade in the AP program. They are both in the Biotech program at Seminole Ridge H.S. .I think if it wasn't for the Great Teacher's at Golden Grove my children wouldn't be where they are today. My 8 year old attends their now in Dr. Ealy's class which she is doing very well too. This is the Best school in Palm Beach County.I can't wait for my 3 year old to go there when he's old enough. I beleive for anyone to have a problem here at Golden Gorve then they Probly have Problems Elsewhere. I'm Just giving my opion on how Great this school is.Keep up the Great work! AAAA+++

Posted August 23, 2008

Wow, I am a former employee of Golden Grove and there was never any teachers that were 'Ran Out'. Sounds like an isolated, disgruntled parent issue. I don't know about the new principal, but the former principal was more knowledgeable about meeting the needs of lower performing students than any administrator I've ever met. Golden Grove is an excellent school and has been since it's opening back in 1997. I would send my children to this school.

Posted August 15, 2008

We moved to the area last summer. Since the boys liked their school so much. I was afraid they would have a hard time adjusting and liking their new school. Well, they both loved their new teachers and classmates. My 1st grader had Mrs. Haylett, Mrs. Kinne and Mr. Parson. What a great combination of teachers. They were all excellent in keeping me informed of his progress. My 4th grader had Mrs. Black and Mrs. Williams, again, both great teachers. All their teachers worked with me as parent to make sure my children were learning. We're looking forward to this year.

Posted June 29, 2008

My daughter has gone to Golden Grove since she was 3 years old. She has a speech/language problem and was in the pre-k program. She had wonderful teachers which were unfortunatly run out of the school due to poor leadershiip at the school. She is now headed into third grade and still has learning issues which the school refuses to acknowledge. The school now has a new principle and I hope she will be able to take control and keep this school from sinking to the bottom. If you have a 'normal' child, they will probably succeed at this school, but if your child needs even a little bit of help, think about sending your child elsewhere.

Posted March 27, 2008

I really like Golden Grove and what it offers for the project child program. However,now that the FCAT is over I would really like to see them focus more on the basics, since all the lessons were taught to get them ready for these tests. These children are lacking in the areas of Language Arts and the basic Writing skills. I've seen wasted time in the last couple of weeks before the end of the school year. This is the time to really teach and not just teaching to the tests.

Posted November 28, 2007

I am a parent ,and the staff at this school are very rude. I am very dissapointed in this school,thanks god this will be the last year my child will go to this school

Posted October 29, 2007

I'm a former student of this school, I'm now a freshman in high school, but I can never forget how wonderful this school was to me. I move to United States when I was 10, and I started 5th grade at Golden Grove. At first, I don't even one single word in English, I remember my first day, I was confused and scared, but the teachers was very nice to me and so is all the students there. I remember I was in the ESOL program, for student who has english as their second language, my ESOL teacher at a time was Mrs. Caglioni, she was the best teacher I ever had.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 4, 2007

My son is new to Golden Grove Elementary and I have to say I am quite impressed with how beautiful the school is! My son was very apprehensive about going to a new school, but as soon as he was introduced to his new teacher, Mrs. Aksomitas, he immediately felt at ease. She was wonderfully welcoming to him. He has been there for 3 weeks now and talks about her everyday! The teachers are great and I would recommend Mrs. Aksomitas' 3rd grade class any day!

Posted September 25, 2007

I am a former Golden Grove student. I started off in what they call Project Child, but was moved to a different classroom my second year. I thank God that I was taken out of project child because I would not have been ready for middle school. My sister goes to Golden Grove now and she likes her teachers and they way her classes are setup.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 30, 2007

My son was I believe in the first test pilot program for Project Child. My son will turn 17 in November. He will be graduating 1 year early and his grade point average is a 4.0. I attribute all of this to Project Child. I now have a child who is in his 3rd year at project child who needs this challenge. We had planned on moving to NC, but have decided to stay until he finishes the 5th grade.

Posted May 4, 2007

Moving from Broward County, our family was pleasantly surprised at the learning environment that Golden Grove provides. Our son has excelled in the Project Child program and loves his teachers, who are nothing short of amazing when it comes to encouragement, motivation and praise.

Posted June 5, 2006

Golden Grove Elementary is one of the best schools in all of Palm Beach County. The fifth grade staff made my child accountable for their school work that prepared them for middle school.

Posted May 10, 2006

My children attended golden grove for 4 years and 3 years. Located and have never found a school that even comes close to the interest the teachers show the girls at this school. The entire experience for the girls was wonderfull.

Posted January 2, 2006

This school has a great volunteer staff as well as the paid staff. Our children only get one day a week for media, fine arts, p.e. etc., but it is an 'a' rated school. My child has received an excellent education here

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

94 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

94 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2013.

92 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 53% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

100 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Asian 2% 3%

Other degree 3%N/A2%

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 9%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

5959 140th Ave N