West Palm Beach, FL

Golden Grove Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 29, 2015
It depends on which teacher you have some that try new ways to teach students with special needs or learning disables and gets the rug pulled out from under them. No you can't teach that way. But on the other hand you have the teacher who teach the gifted program and they do an awesome job.

Golden Grove Elementary School 1

Posted July 29, 2015
Guidance Counselor bad mouths parents to other staff members, has the assistant principal band parents from being involved in the school. Runs clubs and makes it very difficult to students to join if she doesn't like their parent. When it was yearbook picture time she did not call all the students down to get their picture taken. The assistant principal plays favorites to students and parents. They do not know how to handle a child with special needs or who have a learning disability they label that child as a trouble maker any problems and that child is the cause of it it is always that child's fault. The principal has no back bone he does not stand up for children with special needs or who have a learning disability. If you are not a good tester or reader your not in the "IN" group. Oh my the fundraising is out of control. Sell Sell Sell he even has automatic phone messages if your child sell so much $ then they can join the ice cream social or if your child brings a new student to school they can earn a pizza party.

Golden Grove Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
Golden Grove Elementary has been a part of my family through 3 children. My overall experience has been that this is a caring, nurturing school that sets good goals and expectations for their students. They encourage family interaction and development of all children.

Posted June 02, 2012
Golden Grove is a wonderful school. We had our children in a private school the year before. The discipline and level of education we are receiving at Golden Grove surpasses that of a tuition driven school. This school also offers fun and engaging classes for parents so that they can be more helpful with their children's school work. Fun after school activities like the yearly festival, movies under the stars, dances and much more are well attended by the families and surrounding community. My two children have excelled in their academics because Mrs Adams, Mrs Morgan and Mrs Vastbinder and I could not be happier.

Posted June 01, 2012
Have to admit I was a little hesitant enrolling my daughter in this school since we absolutely loved ger last elementary. I even drove the hour each way twice a day for 1.5 years keeping her at her old school. Now my only regret is that I took so long getting her here that she will only be here for 2 years then she is off to middle school :( The school really is amazing. They do more extra curricular activities ( bashes, festivals, movie under the stars... just to name a few) then any school I have ever heard of. I am quite impressed and my daughter loves the school even more than I do. If anyone is considering looking at housing in the area I would recommend if only for the school :0)

Posted November 17, 2011
My daughter went to Golden Groves for 3 years before we moved to England in 2004. She absolutely loved the school and was a student in project Gator for 3 years. She had a wonderful basis which has served her well in her move to the British education system. Hooray for Golden Groves. I just couldn't pass up the chance to say how wonderful you are and what a wonderful foundation you gave my daughter who is about to take her major exams for a place in 6th form college and hopefully onwards to Cambridge here in the UK.

Posted June 02, 2011
I have 2 boys in GG and love it. The entire staff is great and love the project child program. It is nice to get a good education without having to send them to private school!!

Posted September 16, 2009
Golden Groves Elementary is a very progressive school that cares about the welfare and education of it's students.

Posted April 29, 2009
My TWO Children went to Golden Grove when it opened in 1997. It's an Excellent school. My son is now in 11th grade and My daughter is in 10th grade in the AP program. They are both in the Biotech program at Seminole Ridge H.S. .I think if it wasn't for the Great Teacher's at Golden Grove my children wouldn't be where they are today. My 8 year old attends their now in Dr. Ealy's class which she is doing very well too. This is the Best school in Palm Beach County.I can't wait for my 3 year old to go there when he's old enough. I beleive for anyone to have a problem here at Golden Gorve then they Probly have Problems Elsewhere. I'm Just giving my opion on how Great this school is.Keep up the Great work! AAAA+++

Golden Grove Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2008
Wow, I am a former employee of Golden Grove and there was never any teachers that were 'Ran Out'. Sounds like an isolated, disgruntled parent issue. I don't know about the new principal, but the former principal was more knowledgeable about meeting the needs of lower performing students than any administrator I've ever met. Golden Grove is an excellent school and has been since it's opening back in 1997. I would send my children to this school.

Golden Grove Elementary School
5959 140th Avenue North, West Palm Beach, FL  33411
Last modified Golden Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golden Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top