PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

St Juliana School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 16, 2015
The kids are taught to be kind, just, and loving to one another. I am constantly impressed with his honesty and integrity, his ability to care for others and his self-confidence.

Posted November 16, 2015
I've been at SJS for 5 years now. I love the school and more importantly my son loves it! After reading the few 'extreme' bad reviews, I feel like they are unfair and written by a disgruntled minority (and let's be honest everyone isn't going to be happy when changes are made.) Yes, the school went through some changes and not everyone loved it, but I feel that many people had gotten complacent and lazy. Mrs. Kervi (our new principal) loves SJS and is constantly trying to improve the education, technology and spiritual experience for our kids. She just had her second child and has never been unavailable. She still has given us regular weekly updates, attends all functions and remains active in the school's operations. I don't think she could have managed being a principal and having her 2 kids any better. My son is a happy, kind, and motivated to learn and I attribute a great part of that to SJS. The way the kids love each other and God, it's truly heart warming- they truly are family. Oh and security... that school is COMPLETELY secure. They have secured the entire perimeter. I, as a parent, can't even get in without being let in. If you are considering SJS take a Friday morning to attend the school's mass... when you witness the kids participating, you'll understand why I love this school.

Posted March 06, 2015
This is our child's second year at St Juliana. So far we couldn't be happier. Academically our daughter is learning so much we are truly amazed. To see our kindergarten grade child reading so fluently is very rewarding. Like many of the other parents, we too, have felt the dedication and support of the staff from the principal and pastor down to the teacher's assistant's. In addition, the Christian emphasis on every day living is reinforcing the values we are teaching her at home. We are extremely pleased with this school.

Posted March 03, 2015
St. Juliana is a great school. In the midst of our second year, we have not had one complaint. Only gratitude for the highly-skilled and competent principal and faculty that are the school. In addition to being talented, genuine concern is regularly shown for the well-being of the children. We are blessed to be a part of this school.

Posted January 28, 2015
St. Juliana School offers my family great academics in a Christian setting that lets my children learn in an environment that reinforces our values at home. They are very accommodating to the needs of my kids whether it be because they are struggling or they need to be challenged more. Their guidance and resource departments have helped my kids when necessary. They offer a fine set of sports and extracurricular activities. There is lots of parent volunteerism and events that make everyone feel like part of a family. I think my kids are getting a high quality Catholic education.

Posted January 16, 2015
Saint Juliana is an excellent school growing in enrollment and in unity and strength as well! The office administration, teachers, vice principal, Principal and Pastor are ALL there with our children's best interest at heart! You can feel the warmth when you walk through the doors of this gem of a school! Strong academics and religious education, accessible, pro-active administration and teachers, sports and after school activities, parent involvement and a real sense of family and unity .Saint juliana has it all!! I am THRILLED to have found such a loving and nurturing environment for my daughter.

Posted January 15, 2015
The school's enrollment is climbing FAST thanks to the new administration, Pastor, and all of the WONDERFUL teachers & staff! We have been at SJS for three years (through all the changes) and have never been happier! Many public school teachers send their children to SJS and are very happy with the curriculum and level of rigor; challenging but without the stress and pressure of high-stakes testing and constant assessments. Teachers can actually TEACH!!!! Great school for sure!

Posted January 15, 2015
We have been a member of the St. Juliana Catholic School family for three years. During that time, the school experienced a change in the Pastor of the parish, Principal of the school, and merger with a sister Catholic School in 2012. Change is not easy, and so much at one time is difficult. However, the dedication and commitment of faculty/staff, administration, and families have enabled the students of St. Juliana and the entire community to flourish. Every time I have reached out either in person or by email to speak with a teacher, staff member, or administrator (including Mrs. Kervi) I've been responded to in a timely and professional manner. All have been very attentive, actively listening to my concerns and feedback. Steps were taken to address matters of concern, they accepted my input/suggestions for improvements, and shared the reasons with me when my desired outcome could not be granted. I have been provided with every opportunity to be both informed about and involved with the school community. My child is growing in our faith and education, truly that is what matters most. St. Juliana's Catholic School is a wonderful school!

Posted January 15, 2015
St. Juliana School is the best it has ever been. I have not only worked here for years but my own children have been at this school for a very long time. I am lucky to have the ability to choose any place to send my children but after having checked out all of the other schools, their academic records, school activities and teachers I know that I have made the right choice. The current principal is outstanding. She has taken SJS to into the 21st century and onto a whole new academic level.

Posted January 15, 2015
Being alumni of St. Juliana (I attended from Pre-k 8th grade) and the sister of a current student, I can personally attest to the fact that St. Juliana s has continued to excel in all aspects of the educational realm. Katie Kervi becoming the new principal has only allowed the school to expand its horizons and become more in touch with different ways of learning. Kervi, a past Kindergarten teacher AND Dean of Cardinal Newman, not only has experience in the classroom, but also in the administrative realm. She is able to connect with the teachers needs as she deals with the many issues any principal deals with on a daily basis. To say her job is easy is completely crazy, but to say she s doing an amazing job comes easy. The teachers at SJS are always teaching at the highest academic curriculum as possible, while still integrating the Catholic faith. The proof is shows through the current children and families of SJS! Overall, SJS holds true to its mission statement- to be a faith-based community of life-long learners. The teachers AND administrators always fulfill their duty to educate the whole student mind, body and soul.

St Juliana School