No rating

The King's Academy

Private | K-12

Living in West Palm Beach

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $97,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,270.

Posted February 25, 2011

We selected this school because we thought it was the perfect educational environment for our child. After all, it's promoted as a top Christian school in PBC. However, our experience has been that this school is consumed by money; tuition costs are unreasonably high; and teachers/administrators are obsessed with disciplining students and imposing infractions for seemingly minor uniform code violations. Instead, they ought to focus on creating a nurturing learning environment for our children and building relationships with them that encourage a thirst for knowledge and the development of character.

Posted November 9, 2009

Hello I previously attended this school and I loved it at first until the values declined with the new campus. The focus turned to money rather than spiritual enrichment of the students. It's very dificult to serve two masters(God and Money).
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 4, 2009

My grandchildren attend The King's Academy and I could not be more pleased with the school. I have noticed that their skilss are higher than average when compared to children in the same grade at other schools. I am also glad that grandparents are valued and included in school activities, especially the annual 'Grandparents' Day' celebration.

Posted August 18, 2009

I attended this school during high school. For many years I wanted to go there. The extracurricular activities here are phenomenal and a great way to meet other kids. I really liked most of the kids I met there, in all grades. In high school, many teachers 'pick on' certain kids for disciplinary issues, and most are unwilling and relentless on uniform codes for certain students (those not involved in chapel leadership, etc.) and not on others. O felt that some teachers worried too much about scolding students rather than creating a relationship with them. One of my substitute teachers said the same thing. Secondary discipline is too involved. Teachers need to make a real impact on students and work on their relationships so that, in turn, their education is solidified. Some students are very nice, some are extremely judgmental if you do not fit into a certain 'Christian' mold.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 29, 2009

When my daughter was in elementary at Kings, I loved the nurturing environment. However, her high school experience was below average. The classes were too easy, and the teachers did not seem to know the material required for higher level learning. I enrolled my daughter at a nearby public high school and found that she was way behind in basic knowledge in all academic areas. Very disappointing! With tutoring and help from some exceptional teachers at the public school, my daughter finally caught up. She was a solid A/B student at Kings, so apparently, the teachers there believed she was doing fine. It took us a year of extra help a the public school for her to be a solid B student. I'm pleased that she caught up enough to do well in college - I don't know if she would've been able to succeed at college with her King's education.

Posted December 10, 2008

As an alumnus of The King's Academy, I would highly recommend for any child looking for education, social involvement, and extra activities. Fantastic teachers, Fantastic Parents, great staff who love the children. And the best part of it all is the feeling og God's love in everything that is accomplished at the school.

Posted October 16, 2008

The best school in Palm Beach County. This is my fifth graders 2nd year at King's and I would not want a better envoroment for her.

Posted September 18, 2008

The King's Academy is an incredible community! The teachers, faculty and families are A+. Our son thrives with the strong college prep curriculum, but also learns life lessons that he will use forever. I am proud to be a TKA parent and grateful for the opportunities that this environment will offer for our son's future.

Posted February 28, 2008

I am taking my child out of this school due to the low quality of the science classes and the lack of caring on the part of the administration. College applications require transcripts and repeatedly TKA has failed to send transcripts in a normal time frame. The science classes are also far below the lever of regular public school classes and not aup to the level of college prep classes.

Posted January 29, 2008

I have a child at Kings and I am very pleased with the quality education and discipline he is receiving. The facilities are first class and the football program is second to none. Very happy with our choice.

Posted December 1, 2007

One of the best if not the best school in Palm Beach County. Our daughter is in the 11th grade and we feel she has always been in a safe and properly trained environment fully prepared for college.

Posted September 14, 2007

The King's Academy is an amazing school with excellent academics and teachers who have a true love for children in their hearts. Unfortunately, the ever-increasing tuition is forcing many wonderful families out and making it a school for the wealthy. It's such a shame this opportunity will be lost for so many. Needs more attention to college counseling, and at upper end. Elementary is fantastic.

Posted May 7, 2006

My girls started there in November 2005 after our family was relocated here. What a relief it was to find The King's Academy. The students were very welcoming and the staff was so helpful in making this hard transition for 2 middle school girls! My girls feel very safe here and they really appreciate the Christian education they are receiving and the nurturing environment that they are learning in. What a difference between the public middle school they attended here for 2 weeks and The King's Academy. They felt afraid to go to public middle school and the kids at King's were so much friendlier and warm! I would definitely recommend this beautiful campus and learning environment to anyone!

Posted May 3, 2005

This school just seesm to offer the right combination of academic rigor, values and arts emohasis that is lacking in many schools these days.Not to mention the smaller class size.

Posted August 20, 2004

Possibly the best school in Palm Beach County. 1 to 2 grades ahead of Public schools. Teachers love the kids. Other kids are nice and don't be afraid of riding the bus it's fun and safe.

Posted February 23, 2004

As an alumni parent, I continue to support this incredibly gifted and excellent learning facility. My son always wanted to go to college there...if only they had one. God's gift to Palm Beach County indeed has been The King's Academy. From their excellent teachers to incredible learning environment to overall enhancement of a child's well-rounding and character molding, this school helps shape the leaders and success stories of our country in the most loving way, that of God's presence and example.

Posted February 23, 2004

Great Safe School. Excellent curriculum and parent participation.

Posted February 23, 2004

Kings is a great school, the norm is to excel. Both my children received scholarships to college, I thank Kings for the impact a high quality education has on a young person's life.

Posted September 9, 2003

You can expect a high quality education in a loving environment. The staff is wonderful! The students are taught values and pray daily. We love our school!

Posted August 25, 2003

A School like no other. People at this school really reach out and care about each and every student. Also, the learning and education is of high expectations, just phenomenal.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander N/A 0%
Two or more races N/A 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8401 Belvedere Road