West Palm Beach, FL
Students enrolled: 1,157

Posted October 31, 2014
King's has been the only school my 4 children have ever attended. My first child graduated last year and went on to continue her education at one of the top Christian colleges in the nation. Her rigorous academics along with her demanding extra-curricular activities, fully prepared her for college. At a very early age, the teachers implement critical thinking skills as well as biblical integration in their daily lessen plans. As your child progresses into middle and high school, they are introduced to numerous honors and AP courses. My remaining 3 children, continue to excel at every level. As I have spoken over the years to potential incoming parents, I have reminded them of what a wonderful, yet imperfect place it is! There is no perfect school! What I do know is this...from JK to their Senior year, your child will be academically challenged, emotionally nurtured and cultivated spiritually. One thing is for sure....you and your child will leave better for it. Allow the Lord to use every situation as teachable moments! My husband and I, have invested quite a bit monetarily to send our children to King's, and yes, we would do it again, because the return has been priceless!

Posted October 29, 2014
As both a graduate and current parent of students at The King's Academy, I am sold on the school. Academics, Sports, Music - all of the programs give my kids (and gave me) a chance to excel with their gifts. And the fact that the school presents everything from a Christian perspective is important to me. They are learning from teachers who love them in a secure environment. TKA is an investment, but it has a great return.

Posted October 09, 2014
My children have attended TKA since age 4 and are in 10th and 8th grade. We love The King's Academy! Two years ago, my family left South Florida for a one-year sabbatical RV trip to every state in the country. After our trip, we could have moved anywhere in the USA, but we decided to return to West Palm Beach primarily so that our children could attend The King's Academy again. Our children score in the 99th and 98th percentile on standardized testing thanks to TKA's rigorous academics and participate in championship-winning teams (soccer and lacrosse) and amazing Broadway-style fine arts productions. My daughter enjoys the full dance program and the acting and vocal training she receives. My kids are given sound Biblical training and have earned class leadership opportunities too. I am thankful for the well-rounded education that my children receive every day, and I cannot imagine them attending anywhere else. You really should visit the school to see what it could offer your student.

The King's Academy 2

Posted October 08, 2014
We have had too many issues from year to year. Think twice about sending your children to Kings.

Posted July 02, 2014
Coming from a student (upcoming sophomore) this school honestly was TERRIBLE. Id rather take my own life then attend at kings again. Never have I ever felt more isolated at a school and i previously came from public school. Favoritism is shown a lot at kings, theres a lot of cliques, and bullying as well. The students are repulsive, snobby& arrogant.

Posted June 05, 2014
Agree with all the previous comments regarding favortism shown if you are a large donor. This school should consider making steps to change it's current reputation. There are some great teachers, coaches, and families at this school but make no mistake your money in the form of donations will buy you exceptions to the code of conduct provided by the administration.

The King's Academy 4

Posted June 01, 2014
Despite all prior comments, The King's Academy is a very challenging high school, if you want it to be. Take all AP and honors classes, and get as far ahead as possible, and you will get a rigorous, challenging education. Some departments (math, for example) are behind in curriculum, but if you want to get ahead, it is very possible (online, doubling up courses). My opinion is that the more you put into your education, the more you can get out. The end result is a rigorous, indefatigable homework load and vast opportunities. This school is no less difficult than many competitor schools, such as Suncoast. However, difficulty varies with the teachers. Some teachers assign an impossible quantity of homework and endless tests, and some teachers hardly care. Many of these teachers are leaving this year. Rarely do students get much sleep, and I, personally, have had to quit all extra-curricular activities. It IS, and CAN BE, a very difficult school!!

Posted May 29, 2014
I have 4 kids at Kings and we love it. The education is great. The teachers and administration is great. They do have a strict code of conduct that is enforced no matter who you are. The college acceptance rate for Kings graduated is very high, including Ivy league. Students and parents do agree to a code of conduct for behavior outside of school. If you want your child to receive a great education then I highly recommend The Kings Academy.

Posted May 16, 2014
I would not recommend this school. My child has attended this school since middle school. We came from another private school and I would say I should have kept my child at the old school. The teachers seem tired and uncaring. There have been a few great teachers but they are few and far between. The majority seem as though they do not care and do not go to any extra effort to help your child. The other reviews are correct - this is not truly a christian evironment unless you are a large donor. Then you will be treated very well and your child will be given every benefit of the doubt and the school will bend over backwards for you. If you cannot donate large sums of money - do not send your child here. If they are invovled in any type of problem invovling a large donor's child - they will always come out on the short end of the deal. At this school Christ is not King - the large donors are. lastly, my child's academic and learning have not kept pace with what they were learning at the old school - particularly in the Math and writing areas. Do yourself a favor and send your child to a school where they will be treated in a fair and equitable fashion.

The King's Academy 3

Posted April 23, 2014
The King's Academy provides an excellent academic education. The classes are difficult and most teachers are well-educated and suitable to teach their classes. The advanced classes are difficult and comparable to out her "difficult" schools in the region. Students could most likely pass with C's with no effort, but it takes much effort to earn solid A's. I study up to twelve hours each night, seven days each week. I have all A+'s. However, this is the only positive aspect in the school. The administrators are harsh and unfair, there is much bias towards the lower social class of society. I would recommend this school for those who are willing to work diligently.

The King's Academy