No rating

Summit Christian School

Private | K-12

Living in West Palm Beach

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $53,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,050.

Sweep tile

Posted August 4, 2013

My son and daughter have learned a lot here and have earned high SAT scores. The teachers are kind and loving. It has been a wonderful environment for my children.

Posted September 10, 2011

Excelente escuela, gran formacion en todos los sentidos de alumnos y maestros. Estoy muy satisfecha de los resultados alcansados por mi hijo junto a su equipo de trabajo

Posted June 9, 2011

High school students are offered very few academic choices. Teachers offer very poor communication to parents about progress. One teacher even refused my request for a parent-teacher conference. Preferential treatment is often given to students who have been there for over 10 years. Others are treated as pariahs.

Posted March 27, 2011

My children go to school here and it is a truly wonderful school, great teachers, great programs, and excellent percentage of kids that continue to college.

Posted February 13, 2011

Very poor choice of teachers. Ready to close because of lack of funds which has been going on for years.

Posted August 11, 2010

I have had kids at Summit in the preschool and elementary school. Both of these levels have excellent teachers who love what they are doing and love the kids. The teachers and staff in these areas create a great environment. The academics are challenging and my kids are academically ahead of their friends that are in public school. They have also made some great friends at the school.

Posted July 22, 2010

I went to Summit for 9 years. The first few years that I went there, I really liked it. Once I hit 7th grade, I really disliked it. Everyone started changing and becoming really mean to everyone else. I had a lot of problems from that point on going there. The leadership level has rapidly lowered in the past 3 or 4 years, and the discipline is horrible. I never got in trouble for anything, and one mistake I made could get me suspended, while another kid who was super bad could make many mistakes and get away with it with just a "Don't do it again," and then get sent back to class. (The ones who got sent back to class were either spoiled kids with rich parents, or basketball players.) I'm so glad that I left the school. Take my advice, don't send your kids there.

Posted May 23, 2010

My child went there a few years ago. The leadership was poor. The preschool was fantastic from what I heard. Elementary, ok. Middle, mediocre, HS has some decent teachers, but again..poor leadership. Students were so varied. Some were public school left overs and others kids who had parents who paid for grades.

Posted April 8, 2010

Preschool is the best... Anything past preschool ...No!!!!. There are a couple of super elementary teachers but thats about it. Very sad that things are changing they way they are. Another thing they don't address 'mean kids'

Posted September 16, 2009

I love Summit Christian Because of the Academic Excellence, It's Great and Supportive Teachers and Staff, And for it's Good Values and Groups. This school will always be my favorite, because of all the great friends I made, and I give thanks that I could attend this great school. I know that any student that is welcomed into this school will come out of it a better and more successful person.

Posted September 1, 2009

Summit Christian is a great school! My two boys have gone here since K4 (one is now in 8th grade and the other in 5th) and I have nothing but praise for both the academics as well as athletics! It is not too big so it feels very family oriented and is not too small that it doesn't have a lot of extracurricular opportunities!

Posted April 13, 2009

My child went there from K4 all the way to 5th grade. She received an excellent academic education that carried well into middle school. The only downsides were the school trying to squeeze every penny out of me, the parents can be very close minded or rich types that send their kids there only because it was private. They were very 'cliqu-ee' and as a parent I tried hard to fit in, but always hit a wall. My kids biggest complaint was how can Christian kids be so mean. I was relieved when she decided to go to another school for 6th grade, and she has been happy and socially busy now that she can hang with kids who are not so spoiled or live in a bubble.

Posted June 11, 2008

Awesome! My Daughter went to pre-school and it was the best choice I have made so far! The low classroom ratio and the amount of attention my daughter received both academically and spiritually from the teachers and staff members surpassed all my expectations!

Posted August 4, 2005

I have a daughter in the preschool program at Summit Christian School. I absolutely feel very comfortable with the school . The academic program at the preschool level has been very good. I think it's always a good idea to check out the teacher that your child is going to be with. I have been very pleased with all the teachers my daughter has had up until now.

Posted August 10, 2003

I'm not a parent but I will add my comment. I was a student at this school for about 7 years. I enjoyed attending Summit and I hope that someday I will have the joy of sending my children to Summit. The teachers are wonderful. Fellow students will be the best friends you will ever have. You can go to school and know that you will be safe. If you read this and wonder about what school to send your child to, I would strongly suggest that you send your child to Summit Christian School for the best education.
—Submitted by a former student

Two or more races 4% N/A
Asian 2% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • AACS
Fax number
  • (561) 640-7613

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4900 Summit Blvd