No rating

Atlantis Academy Palm Beaches

Private | K-12

Living in West Palm Beach

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $65,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,090.

Posted May 3, 2014

Our decision to move our son to Atlantis Academy was the best decision we possibly could've made for him. He went from a school where he was slipping through the cracks and starting to fail to Atlantis Academy where they not only saved him from failing but caused him to flourish. He's been on the honor roll virtually every quarter; his understanding of social pragmatics has greatly improved so now he has friends instead of bullies; his teachers are nurturing, encouraging, professionals and the school fosters a safe, family friendly environment. Now that we've found Atlantis Academy, we couldn't imagine him going anywhere else!

Posted May 2, 2014

Atlantis Academy really save us. My son was being bullied at the public school where here was now he has lots of friends and honor roll and he loves going to school.And i dont have to worry about him anymore.He has been here for three years this will be his fourth.The teachers are amazing the staff is great. Everyone is so helpful and kind. BEST school ever.

Posted April 30, 2014

Sending our son to Atlantis Academy was one of the best decisions we have ever made. Our son was barely passing in the public school. Since he has been here, he has been on the honor roll throughout the 6 years he has been there. He loves to go to school and doesn't want to miss a day. The faculty & administration are great. Our son has received a well rounded education which has given him confidence in other areas of his life. He looks forward to the day he will graduate from Atlantis Academy.

Posted April 29, 2014

Atlantis Academy does a great job of assisting the children with their learning differences while giving them the experience of a typical high school. This is my son's second year here and he loves it.

Posted April 29, 2014

My grandson has special needs and this school has been a blessing. They do a great job of helping them as they are patient and compassionate as they instruct them. They receive a regular school atmosphere as their special needs are met. They are like an oasis in the desert as special needs children require such help and understanding that most public or private schools cannot meet. Atlantis Academy does.

Posted April 22, 2014

We recently relocated to West Palm Beach and had a daughter that needs special learning needs. Ahe initially went to JFK Charter school which was good but they were unable to meet her needs because of her special needs. Atlantis Academy was a God's sent school to repair all the cracks that was left in our daughter after attending Grass water elementary school. My daughter has teachers that provided us information on the progress and help meet her learning requirement. We have also dealt with the school administration on several times and found them responsive. Our daughter love the school and we love it too. Atlantis Academy is truly a Great school

Posted April 10, 2014

My daughter was attending Royal Palm Beach High school and started to have some issues and the school just didn't seem to care enough, they are a very large school, but the setting of the school was a bit much for her. I enrolled her in Atlantis and there were some rough days but now she loves the school just as much as I do. She does not wish to return to her home school. This school has very friendly staff that are willing to change the frown around and make school cool. GREAT PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted April 9, 2014

Atlantis academy has changed my sons life. He has gained so much confidence in himself as well as improved a tremendous amount academically. I never knew how capable he was until he switched to Atlantis!!

Posted April 8, 2014

This school has been the best choice I have made for my Son and his education, he is in the Foundations program and is being taught life skills as well as social skills as well as a typical education. The teachers are great and very friendly. I have read the past reviews on here and frankly I'm stunned. The Admin at this school are extremely friendly and helpful and I genuinely feel they have my Son's best interest at heart. This school in my opinion goes above and beyond with parent inclusion as well as building my child's self confidence. I would recommend this school to anyone who has a child with any type of extra needs whether it be behavioral or social or right down to gifted. This school feels like a big family!!

Posted October 14, 2013

Atlantis academy. I placed my daughter here because she became eligible for a McKay scholarship. Turned out to be the worse decision ever. Since school started, I've been called multiple times to take my daughter out of class for minor things. Her teacher has issues dealing with my daughters behavior and is taking it out on us both. Ive miss work unnecessarily several times. There is also a discriminatory tone im picking up on. Today i was told to pick up my child after she had only been in school for less than 10 minutes. The teacher claimed she had severe diareah and soiled clothing. I picked up my daughter, she wasn't sick and her clothes were clean. My daughter said she told the teacher she wasn't sick and did not want to go home. How can my child learn when she is being subjected at the whims of this teacher? The front desk and administration are completely nonchalant and seem not to care to even return my phone calls. Currently looking for another school. Don't go with this school unless you have a child who is a robot and does nothing wrong ever. They are totally incapable of dealing with children who have any small behavioral issue. Look elsewhere.

Posted July 27, 2013

If you're looking for a school that makes the majority of its money off of McKay scholarships and everything that comes along with that then this is the school for you. Cursing and fighting are common place and the administration turns a blind eye.

Posted July 24, 2013

Atlantis Academy , Palm Beach campus has been one of the best choices I have ever made for my daughter. My daughter hated school before she came here. But through the kind, supportive and nurturing environment she now loves it! Before Atlantis, getting her to read was like pulling teeth! By Christmas she was asking for a BOOK SERIES or Nook! I couldn't ask for a better teacher than Ms. Schroeder, or a better tiny family oriented school than Atlantis Academy Palm Beaches!

Posted February 27, 2012

I have two sons at this school. I looked at many schools on the Florida School Choice Website--most claiming they take the McKay and then list a number of learning disabilities: Autism Specturm, Speech Language Impaired, Specific Learning Disability, Vision impaired and Traumatic Brain Injury. I went through painful process of calling, interviewing, paying for " so called" assessments--to hear all of them say --We cannot help you. My two sons were misdiagnosed with Autism--they have learning disabilities not Austism-- so they were extremely understimulated in the public schools. Be careful where you look. I am very happy my kids are at Atlantis--there are some others in Palm Beach-- I would be careful--the McKay Scholarship does not require them to provide any services--they can still promise to do them. I am very upset about that. So be careful where you go. Atlantis Academy is a great school. Is it perfect--no--but they do what they say and are willing to bring any extra type of therapy on board if you ask.

Posted December 26, 2009

As an involved grandparent I find Atlantis Academy Palm Beaches to be an excellent school for children who cannot do well in a regular school environment. My two grandsons are both blossoming educationally and socially in their second full year at this school. Both have different diagnosis and are thriving in the small classrooms and personalized reading and math programs. We are so happy to have found this school.

Posted November 12, 2009

This is such a Wonderful school. This is my son first actual year there, we came to the school in the middle of last year. With in a couple months my so was making honor roll! Now this year my son has a bit of a seperation problem with me but the staff and the principal work with him and I on getting him to stay at school. I wouldn't have him in any other school.

Posted November 29, 2007

I just enrolled my son at this wonderful school the principle made me feel at home, we took a tour of this wonderful campus. Im very pleased so far with this school

Posted July 26, 2007

Atlantis has evolved from a charter school taking anyone and everyone with a McKay scholarship to a school capable of meeting diverse student behavioral and academic needs. All of this is thanks to Director Kelly's unflagging leadership and vision. The school is an excellent choice for children in need of small classroom populations and extra care. The school's academics are mastery-based. A child starts at whatever level he or she is capable of; gains are evaluated against the child's initial competency levels, not whatever 'level' the child's age determines.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted November 21, 2004

My child has been at Progressive for 2 years and it is the greatest. I love the small classroom size(11 in my childs class.)

Posted August 12, 2004

We left this 'school' after two years of excuses by the administrators. Minimal oversight by the directors, uncertifed, poorly trained teachers who lack basic classroom management skills and inflated report card grades. Support staff were often demeaning and unprofessional toward students. Physical & verbal aggression was overly tolerated with poor supervision of students overall. Our child made 'high honors' - A's for 2 years and after being tested recently we found our child is almost two grade levels behind! They gave A's based on below grade level work-how's that going to help a child once they leave after 8th grade? Receommend you find a different school as many, many families have done this year.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Special education / special needs

Specific academic themes or areas of focus
  • Special education
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1950 Prairie Road