PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My daughter was at this school for two years, while I was at the school I had ASSUMED that she was getting the very best education (due to the small number of children), how wrong I was. We moved out of the area and put her in the local elementary school, I was horrified to find out that she was EXTREMELY behind. While at Poinciana she was getting straight As, now I was being told she would be lucky if she didn't have to repeat the year. Luckily she was able to catch up but I was disgusted at the amount I paid at Poinciana when I could have just sent her to the local school and gotten better results. The fees aspect were insane, I don't know why I had to "volunteer" or pay $250, and the constant water bottle charges and uniform charges that would randomly appear on the bill really made me mad. For the two years my daughter was there, I spent a fortune on a substandard education and while I thought the small classes would be educationally good, I found socially it was detrimental. When I look back at my daughters time there, I'm just glad that she was there for only 2 year and not more, it could have seriously jeopardize her future.

Greatest little hidden gem around!!! Poinciana is academically challenging and makes each child feel special. They look at children as individuals and help them each to acheive to their highest potential. What more can a parent ask for? Wish all kids could experience an education that remembers the social, emotional and academic needs of children of every age!

Poinciana Day School is an amazing enviroment that helped my children reach the highest levels academically. I feel they have flourished academically, socially, and emotionally. I am so excited they opened a PreK3 Program so my little one can attend in the fall!

A truly wonderful and special school in West Palm Beach. The teachers and staff have made the most amazing difference in our son's life. He has always been social and intelligent, but Poinciana was able to take him even further. They offer so much in terms of education and balance. If you are looking for a truly amazing school I would highly recommend this school. It is a magical place. Hope they open a high school in the future!

Public Schools that receive "F" ratings beat this place...no education... no continuity... no staff that stays...families that run......troubled admin...... I could go on and on......even my internist knew this in Jupiter....Need I say more...?

This school represents a prison for children with REAL problems...... Children are inappropiately pulled and touched and sit in the front office all day......Admin does not care...Teachers quiver....Students cry.....It's like "one flew over the Kukoo's nest.....but far worse....Your child deserves more.......I hear and beleive the principal sits around all day and reviews her school as great...Don't beleive..go look...SAD...

A few things about Poinciana- 1) Small class size and kids feel very close to classmates and teachers 2)Reasonable tuition for private school. 3) Principal with wealth of educational experience 4) High level arts and academics 5) Extremely reasonable when concerns arise 6) Family feel 7) Individual attention for kids. Has been a great experience for my kids!

Great School! I've had the great fortune of having had two children attend Poinciana Day School. They both still talk about how much they love the school. All schools go through changes when top leadership retires. Miss Nixie's successor was hand picked by her and Miss Anne carries on the tradition of the loving environment that Poinciana is known for. Expect great things this year! I highly recommend Poinciana Day School!

Look no further, this school is dynamite! I cannot say enough great things about this school. We recently relocated to Florida. My son was never a fan of school, he is a pre k student and would cry each day going to school. We were worried about moving and a new school. That has all changed! The teachers, staff and students are so welcoming and friendly. My child wakes up each day excited to go to school. He returns each afternoon telling us what a great day he had and all of the interesting things he was able to do at school. We are so happy that our son finally enjoys school. Poinciana is wonderful, you won't be disappointed.

This was my daughter's first year at Poinciana and she has never been happier! I am so grateful the we found a school that takes both educational and emotional growth equally seriously. The administrative staff has been extremely responsive when we had concerns or questions and the teachers have helped her grow into a wonderful person. They are the most unique private school in West Palm Beach and they live up to their excellent reputation and then some. I would highly recommend it, if you are looking at private schools.

Last modified Poinciana Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8