Posted August 19, 2014
Horrible staff, especially the receptionist, she is very unprofessional and very rude, she does how to do her job, no communication

Posted August 15, 2014
Horrible experience... No communication. I was told my child would be able to enrolled and all paperwork was provided. They invited us to do a tour, talked to the teacher, give us the list of supplies to buy etc... to find out 24 hours before school starts that my chid was on a waiting list. Now she won't be able to start school on time. Not the best way to give a good reputation to a charter school.

Posted July 22, 2014
PBMA is a great place to work, everyone here is friendly and approachable. You are welcome to share your input and ideas for school involvement. They have a great FCAT rating and overall great program from KG to high school.

Posted June 09, 2014
That is correct - we do not let parents volunteer in the classrooms. It is our feeling that students deserve some privacy and I've unfortunately had incidents where parents in the "parking lot" comment on which child doesn't read very well or who got into trouble that day. While many parents wouldn't think of doing something like that, it has happened on several occasions and the children and their feelings, in my opinion, are the ones I need to consider first. As for opportunities to volunteer, parents volunteer for way more than field trips, although they seem to like that the most! We have parents doing Book Fair, Picture Day, Lunch Duty, Graduation, and Fundraisers. We also try not to make too many demands on our parents in terms of time because many have difficulty taking a day off. I hope this helps...

Posted June 06, 2014
Parents are not allowed to do any volunteer work in the classroom. There is no parent involvement allowed except for field trips. Parent pick up is a headache.

Palm Beach Maritime Academy 3

Posted December 17, 2013
My experience with this school has been okay. I have an eighth grader and I was going to send my twins there next year for kindergarten but am re-thinking that. They are just so un-organized and do not have their act together. I just feel as thought they grew too big too fast.

Posted October 28, 2013
Palm Beach Maritime Academy is an excellent school. The children are happy there. The teachers do a great job.I hear from the children how the teachers and even the principal are always there, always around, talking with them, encouraging them. As a parent that makes me feel good.

Posted August 27, 2013
My son attended Palm Beach Maritime Academy for the first time last year. After comparing what his new school offers and the organization skills of this brand new charter school all I can say is thank goodness he is out of PBMA. Not all of the teachers show respect to the students as well as the parents. If you complain they will make it worst for you and your child. Some of the outrageous behavior from the teachers is so incredible that I don't know if I wrote it all down anyone would even believe it. There is no accountability so they do whatever they want. There are no sports programs, a terrible after school program and No parent teacher organization. The posts about Jupiter grades and communication to a parent are understatements. Some of the teachers post a whole semester of grades at the very end so if your child is having difficulties its to late to do anything. One teacher told me she has children at home and doesn't have time to do them. If you pick up and drop off your child, that is a whole experience in itself! The traffic getting into the school is incredible. I hope that they make improvements this year but this review is what they deserve.

Posted August 14, 2013
Best school ever. My son is so excited to go back for his 4th year at the school. Teachers, Admins, and staff are all tops. The school releases weekly videos and almost daily updates via facebook and website.

Palm Beach Maritime Academy 2

Posted July 24, 2013
The problems with the school flow from the top down. The administration barely communicates with the teachers and other staff. Often expectations are not shared and therefore unmet. The administration treats each day as though it is a series of emergencies to put out, many of which can be avoided by some careful planning. For example, uniform distribution last year was a joke, because about an hour before open house, someone remembered that parents would expect uniforms, and it became an emergency. There are two levels of customer service: one for the parent whose kids have been there since the early days and a different one for newbie parents. If you are considered problematic, you'll be ignored. The opening of the high school concerns me because I think the problems that exist now will be amplified. All in all, i think this is a good school if your child is a good student, but if you, your child, or your family needs any special consideration, look elsewhere! Oh, and there is no pto or pta, simply because the administrator can't handle working with parents. Teachers may appear disorganized and indifferent but that is a symptom of a larger problem.

Palm Beach Maritime Academy
1518 W. Lantana Road, West Palm Beach, FL  33462
Last modified Palm Beach Maritime Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palm Beach Maritime Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews.