Public charter
West Palm Beach, FL

Posted May 08, 2015
Palm Beach Maritime is a awful school. The teachers are the most ridiculous things at that school. There is teachers that give out detentions And parent notification for the most ridiculous reasons. This school needs teachers that will be there to help them and make them feel comfortable not come home and complain about how they hate school and the teachers unlike. I hope that they take this comment into consideration and let it soak in please and thank you!

Posted September 29, 2014
This school is absolutely terrible. I am a student at this school and can't wait to get out. The teacher's treat most kids like a dog and if there is a bullying issue the APs', teachers', and the principal ignore it. It would be a terrible idea to send your child here. It's more of a prison then a school

Posted September 04, 2014
This is an OUTSTANDING school!! From the security patrol, front desk, cafeteria lady's, teachers, and of course the Big Boss Ms. T. Everyone has a passion to teach, care for the children and most importantly Parents and the concerns they might feel. Ms. G

Posted August 19, 2014
Horrible staff, especially the receptionist, she is very unprofessional and very rude, she does how to do her job, no communication

Posted August 15, 2014
Horrible experience... No communication. I was told my child would be able to enrolled and all paperwork was provided. They invited us to do a tour, talked to the teacher, give us the list of supplies to buy etc... to find out 24 hours before school starts that my chid was on a waiting list. Now she won't be able to start school on time. Not the best way to give a good reputation to a charter school.

Posted July 22, 2014
PBMA is a great place to work, everyone here is friendly and approachable. You are welcome to share your input and ideas for school involvement. They have a great FCAT rating and overall great program from KG to high school.

Posted June 09, 2014
That is correct - we do not let parents volunteer in the classrooms. It is our feeling that students deserve some privacy and I've unfortunately had incidents where parents in the "parking lot" comment on which child doesn't read very well or who got into trouble that day. While many parents wouldn't think of doing something like that, it has happened on several occasions and the children and their feelings, in my opinion, are the ones I need to consider first. As for opportunities to volunteer, parents volunteer for way more than field trips, although they seem to like that the most! We have parents doing Book Fair, Picture Day, Lunch Duty, Graduation, and Fundraisers. We also try not to make too many demands on our parents in terms of time because many have difficulty taking a day off. I hope this helps...

Posted June 06, 2014
Parents are not allowed to do any volunteer work in the classroom. There is no parent involvement allowed except for field trips. Parent pick up is a headache.

Palm Beach Maritime Academy 3

Posted December 17, 2013
My experience with this school has been okay. I have an eighth grader and I was going to send my twins there next year for kindergarten but am re-thinking that. They are just so un-organized and do not have their act together. I just feel as thought they grew too big too fast.

Posted October 28, 2013
Palm Beach Maritime Academy is an excellent school. The children are happy there. The teachers do a great job.I hear from the children how the teachers and even the principal are always there, always around, talking with them, encouraging them. As a parent that makes me feel good.

Palm Beach Maritime Academy
1518 W. Lantana Road, West Palm Beach, FL  33462
Last modified Palm Beach Maritime Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palm Beach Maritime Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top