1,128 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

No way ! Admin should first look into not bullying parents !

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Please are you serious. Have you actually meet these so called admin !! Barff !

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Respect From who ! Respect does not exist in Admin vernacular !

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Big time turn over ! That in it self speaks volumes ! I know 2 former teachers complete nightmare for them to teach at. " Maritime Academy" Please what a joke. More like Nightmare Academy !!

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Way overboard on homework. Not teachers fault .Orders from Admin

Dirty and poor facilities. Administration is clueless

The entire staff provide a fantastic atmosphere and strive for greatness. I highly recommend this school to all and thank Ms. T for her continued hard work and wonderful leadership of her staff! Well done!

I applied for my kids this school year and all I got was the runaround with paperwork, then a letter denying their admittance. The receptionist was clearly unorganized, calling me two weeks AFTER I went in person to drop off every piece of paperwork to tell me that I hadn't. She told me I was missing a page from my kids' physicals. I told her that they were in the packet, that she had copied it when I was down there in person. She was very rude and said 'Well, I must not have copied that page, so you need to bring it back down so I can copy it'. When I called to check on the paperwork, I spoke with her and she said that everything was in for that two weeks (as it was getting closer to the school year to begin and I wanted to make sure my kids were enrolled), then she calls me and tells me I am missing paperwork. She spoke like she didn't remember speaking to me AT ALL and had no idea who I was. Based on this treatment for someone who hasn't even enrolled yet, I can't imagine the headaches we would have had if my kids went there.

I put my daughter in the elemntery school this year and it has been a terrible experience so far. She went from being ahead of her class to not being on track for promotion now. Her class is way behind the rest of the 3rd graders. They claimed on her report card that she doesn't participate which I know is a total lie. She is very outgoing. Everyday she comes home and says the teaches yell. She has actually come home with a headache. They constantly threaten the kids with detentions and referrals. Her teacher prior to the one she has now speaks inappropriately saying things like "Jesus Christ ... This and that". I thought I was doing my child a favor by putting her in this school. Now, I am worried that if I pull her out and put her in the school we are zoned for she will be too far behind and won't be able to catch up. This school is a joke. The teachers have lost control and respect from the children! I'm beyond disappointed.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They yell and threaten the kids with detentions and referrals. They are k-5th. They should be setting better examples. They speak to the kids very inappropriately!

Last modified Palm Beach Maritime Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.