1,128 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

The entire staff provide a fantastic atmosphere and strive for greatness. I highly recommend this school to all and thank Ms. T for her continued hard work and wonderful leadership of her staff! Well done!

I applied for my kids this school year and all I got was the runaround with paperwork, then a letter denying their admittance. The receptionist was clearly unorganized, calling me two weeks AFTER I went in person to drop off every piece of paperwork to tell me that I hadn't. She told me I was missing a page from my kids' physicals. I told her that they were in the packet, that she had copied it when I was down there in person. She was very rude and said 'Well, I must not have copied that page, so you need to bring it back down so I can copy it'. When I called to check on the paperwork, I spoke with her and she said that everything was in for that two weeks (as it was getting closer to the school year to begin and I wanted to make sure my kids were enrolled), then she calls me and tells me I am missing paperwork. She spoke like she didn't remember speaking to me AT ALL and had no idea who I was. Based on this treatment for someone who hasn't even enrolled yet, I can't imagine the headaches we would have had if my kids went there.

I put my daughter in the elemntery school this year and it has been a terrible experience so far. She went from being ahead of her class to not being on track for promotion now. Her class is way behind the rest of the 3rd graders. They claimed on her report card that she doesn't participate which I know is a total lie. She is very outgoing. Everyday she comes home and says the teaches yell. She has actually come home with a headache. They constantly threaten the kids with detentions and referrals. Her teacher prior to the one she has now speaks inappropriately saying things like "Jesus Christ ... This and that". I thought I was doing my child a favor by putting her in this school. Now, I am worried that if I pull her out and put her in the school we are zoned for she will be too far behind and won't be able to catch up. This school is a joke. The teachers have lost control and respect from the children! I'm beyond disappointed.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They yell and threaten the kids with detentions and referrals. They are k-5th. They should be setting better examples. They speak to the kids very inappropriately!

I have watched my child grow in the 3 years she has been in this school. When I was concerned about an issue I spoke up and discussed it with the appropriate people. They handled the problem. When they deserved a thank you or a great job I did that too!! Become involved in your children's school. Get to know the people that make up this great school. Teaching isn't easy. With parent support it changes everything!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Palm Beach Maritime Academy is a great school. As a parent, I like that students have more individualized attention because the school community is smaller than typical Palm Beach County middle and high schools. The school provides tutoring throughout the school year at no cost to the parent. Discipline is fair and appropriate. Bullying is taken VERY seriously here and students feel safe and valued. Teachers make educating your child their top priority and are quick to discourage classroom disruptions that may interfere with the educational environment. My son, Austin, went to PBMA for 5 years and he had some behavioral issues there. I was so grateful that his teachers didn't just discipline but helped to teach him the correct behavior. It is heartbreaking to see students posting negative reviews simply because they were disciplined.

Palm Beach Maritime is a awful school. The teachers are the most ridiculous things at that school. There is teachers that give out detentions And parent notification for the most ridiculous reasons. This school needs teachers that will be there to help them and make them feel comfortable not come home and complain about how they hate school and the teachers unlike. I hope that they take this comment into consideration and let it soak in please and thank you!

This school is absolutely terrible. I am a student at this school and can't wait to get out. The teacher's treat most kids like a dog and if there is a bullying issue the APs', teachers', and the principal ignore it. It would be a terrible idea to send your child here. It's more of a prison then a school

Horrible staff, especially the receptionist, she is very unprofessional and very rude, she does how to do her job, no communication

Last modified Palm Beach Maritime Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.