Posted November 13, 2014
I am currently an 11th grader at G-Star and every time someone asks me if I rather be at another school I say no. I feel like this is the correct school for me. The reason I came to G-Star was their Theatre department. I can honesty say that I don't regret my choice of attending G-Star. Everyone respects each other's art and that is what I love the most about our school. It's never a competition when it comes to the arts or academics. Everyone is happy for the people that succeed at our school and no one tries to bring them down. Our Film and Theatre departments have GREAT teachers. They will make you love what you do even more. They help you in every way possible and you don't see that in every school. If I don't regret my choice then neither will you.

Posted November 05, 2014
G-Star school is a Serious but Fun and Excited place for my child to attend. She is challenged but not overwhelmed. The administration and Teachers go above and beyond for each and every student. I, as a parent, couldn't be happier with my child attending G-Star. I believe its a school that can help make My Childs Dreams Come True. Happy and Proud to be a G-Star Parent. TG

Posted November 03, 2014
I have attended G-Star School of the Arts since ninth grade, and am currently a twelfth-grader. When people ask me whether I made the right choice (choosing G-Star as my high school) I reply undoubtedly with a "yes." Aside from the vast array of academic courses and clubs offered, G-Star uniquely offers film, animation, and even acting courses. As a twelfth-grader, I see myself as a much more well-rounded (soon to be) high school graduate. This is because of my wide knowledge of editing, animating, and acting. These have already helped me in life. I currently have a job that requires me to edit and animate film. My boss was amazed with how much I knew, without him teaching me anything at all. I explained to him that I learned the skills at my high school, and that flabbergasted him even more. Conclusively, I have learned an exorbitant amount of both academic and life skills, of which only G-Star could've taught me.

Posted October 27, 2014
I have been a teacher at G-Star for 10 years. It is a great school and unique - the emphasis is on the arts and academics. The teachers and students are all glad to be here and it is a pleasure to teach here. The administration is excellent, especially Ms. Collins the principal who helps everyone and is especially dedicated to student learning which shows in the "A" rating. The Arts are amazing - from film, to animation and acting and even the X-Scream where students learn make-up and set-design.

Posted October 25, 2014
My daughter is a freshman in G-Star this year and she loves it! She was homeschooled since mid third grade due to the inability of the school district to treat her like a child instead of a number. She is an ESE student that received little support and was bullied by classmates and teachers. I heard about G-Star through a friend and was interested but not hopeful. Being a charter school, I thought they would not be "ESE friendly", but I was wrong! I signed her up immediately. June of this year and my shy, anxious kid started the X Scream camp and had friends on the first day. The upper classmen adopted her and made her feel welcomed. She went to the first day of school comfortable with her new friends and had a great day. Her IEP meeting was held almost immediately and was the smoothest process I ever went through. The curriculum is tough, but the teachers are wonderful and they encourage students to attend FREE tutoring during lunch. There is ZERO bullying and I mean ZERO! She is on the honor roll for the first time ever! I never thought I would be completely happy with a school, but I am. Great group of kids and staff have made this an amazing year! Highly recommend G- Star!

Posted September 26, 2014
My son has excelled at G-Star. So glad he made the right choice to attend high school there. He was never just a number, but part of the "G-Star Comminity"

Posted September 24, 2014
My daughter is a 10th grader at G-Star in the pre-IB program. This is her first year attending any school in a year and a half due to a lengthy illness. She LOVES it! The faculty is top notch and the administration is so caring. It's rare to find a group of educators so committed to the process of every student's success. Thank you G-Star!

Posted September 24, 2014
My daughter attends G-Star and as a parent, I can attest that this is a phenomenal school. The Administration is supportive and has an "Open Door Policy" for both students and parents. There is a "no bullying" policy at this school and it is a policy that is taken very seriously by faculty and administration. The teachers are fantastic and offer free tutoring everyday during lunch (something that is rare in any school.) The extra-curricular activities and clubs appeals to any interest, so there are plenty of opportunities for students to explore interests, learn new interests and collaborate with other students and staff. The fact that this school is unique on a film lot is even more appealing for my daughter. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted August 25, 2014
I attended G-star for 3 years and took it for granted. I never took advantage of all the opportunities given to us by the instructors. I am now majoring in film in college and its incredible the things I know that most other students in my classes/major aren't familiar with. I now see the great opportunity g-star gives to its students regarding knowledge and I think it s amazing that a school is dedicated in helping students succeed in a field that is in the arts. If students skipped school then that is the responsibility of the parent and student themselves, and it happens at any high school in the country. Overall great school.

Posted August 25, 2014
My 1st child has graduated after 4yrs @ Gstar with full scholarship, accepted straight to a specialty program at prestigious 4yr Florida University. My 2nd child is one of the so called neglected ESE kids and is on yr 3 with an "A" GPA and a tightly established safety network that rivals anything ever had up to this point. Both of my children were / are very active in the school and participate in EVERYTHING! Xscream, Plays, Science competitions, film competitions, student films, independent productions, professional films, photo shoots, etc, etc, etc... the list goes on and on. I cannot complain in any way about how they have been treated, what they gained by going to school there or what it did for their educational future. I am a super tough parent = on both my kids and on the school. By the time my youngest graduates I will have been with the school for 6yrs & I can say that never once have I ever thought that things the school did were not in the interest of my children. Our kids are so lucky. Love of Movies/TV/Plays or performing? - then Gstar is for you! To all parents that are reading these reviews and considering your options; I would do GStar all over again!!

G-Star School Of The Arts
2065 Prairie Road, West Palm Beach, FL  33406
(561) 967-2023
Last modified G-Star School Of The Arts is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
G-Star School Of The Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 79 reviews. Top