1,045 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

G-Star School of the Arts was a very nurturing environment for my high school experience. Between the school safety, dedicated staff, and amazing entertainment opportunities, I couldn’t have asked for a better 4 years than the ones I spent at G-Star. Greg Hauptner has done a wonderful job with making sure the school progresses in every way possible every year. I highly recommended G-Star School of the Arts for your child’s high school experience.

The best choice I have ever made for my son!! He has never been more happier at a school and he's excelled beyond expectations. Between the honors classes, AP and IB program you can't go wrong here academically. And to add , the art programs offered make it all the more exciting to be there. The staff and teachers are absolutely delightful and happy to be there just as much as the students are. Parent- teacher and staff communication has been prompt and helpful from day one. We are grateful to be a part of Such a school!

I'm so impressed with G-Star! It has a film studio feel. Not like a typical campus..There are plans in place for building a new cafeteria and they have a 5 million dollar studio! Growth means success! After a painful rejection process from the other art school, we gave G-Star a shot. My son is not STUCK in one art area. He can try his hand at film, acting, and animation in his 4 years. The teachers, administrators, and staff have been amazing. It's like being at a private school. My son is happy, I'm happy!!!

Let me start by saying that I don't usually write reviews, but I felt compelled. My son just entered GStar as a junior. We were slightly concerned being that it was almost like he was coming in on the "middle" of things. That has proven to not be the case at all!!! He started out coming to X Scream over the summer, and now is full blown involved. I have to tell you that my son, capable as he has always been, was not doing as well as he could have in the school we came from, and seemed withdrawn. Being at GStar in this short amount of time has done wonders for him! He loves school, says the teachers really care, and he's getting to do what he truly has a passion for...animation and film. He is being active with construction for XScream (he wasn't an active kid either and NEVER got involved with anything). One of the first things he said to me when he started over the summer was that these kids were JUST like him...he couldn't believe it. My heart has swollen with pride and love. I am so happy we chose GStar.

A special school suitable for a special group of students: those who are interested in film and acting. The electives available at G-Star are not available anywhere else! My child has excelled at this school due to the great atmosphere, as the kids are all interested in the same artistic areas therefore they get along, and great teachers. They have had an excellent principal from when they opened and the policies are tried and true. They know what they are doing administratively, and that means more to me than sports programs or cafeterias (areas in which they are lacking.) School to parent communication is excellent and two way. Free tutoring during lunch time makes all the difference in your student testing well and getting good grades. I highly recommend this school!

I am currently an 11th grader at G-Star and every time someone asks me if I rather be at another school I say no. I feel like this is the correct school for me. The reason I came to G-Star was their Theatre department. I can honesty say that I don't regret my choice of attending G-Star. Everyone respects each other's art and that is what I love the most about our school. It's never a competition when it comes to the arts or academics. Everyone is happy for the people that succeed at our school and no one tries to bring them down. Our Film and Theatre departments have GREAT teachers. They will make you love what you do even more. They help you in every way possible and you don't see that in every school. If I don't regret my choice then neither will you.

G-Star school is a Serious but Fun and Excited place for my child to attend. She is challenged but not overwhelmed. The administration and Teachers go above and beyond for each and every student. I, as a parent, couldn't be happier with my child attending G-Star. I believe its a school that can help make My Childs Dreams Come True. Happy and Proud to be a G-Star Parent. TG

I have attended G-Star School of the Arts since ninth grade, and am currently a twelfth-grader. When people ask me whether I made the right choice (choosing G-Star as my high school) I reply undoubtedly with a "yes." Aside from the vast array of academic courses and clubs offered, G-Star uniquely offers film, animation, and even acting courses. As a twelfth-grader, I see myself as a much more well-rounded (soon to be) high school graduate. This is because of my wide knowledge of editing, animating, and acting. These have already helped me in life. I currently have a job that requires me to edit and animate film. My boss was amazed with how much I knew, without him teaching me anything at all. I explained to him that I learned the skills at my high school, and that flabbergasted him even more. Conclusively, I have learned an exorbitant amount of both academic and life skills, of which only G-Star could've taught me.

I have been a teacher at G-Star for 10 years. It is a great school and unique - the emphasis is on the arts and academics. The teachers and students are all glad to be here and it is a pleasure to teach here. The administration is excellent, especially Ms. Collins the principal who helps everyone and is especially dedicated to student learning which shows in the "A" rating. The Arts are amazing - from film, to animation and acting and even the X-Scream where students learn make-up and set-design.

My daughter is a freshman in G-Star this year and she loves it! She was homeschooled since mid third grade due to the inability of the school district to treat her like a child instead of a number. She is an ESE student that received little support and was bullied by classmates and teachers. I heard about G-Star through a friend and was interested but not hopeful. Being a charter school, I thought they would not be "ESE friendly", but I was wrong! I signed her up immediately. June of this year and my shy, anxious kid started the X Scream camp and had friends on the first day. The upper classmen adopted her and made her feel welcomed. She went to the first day of school comfortable with her new friends and had a great day. Her IEP meeting was held almost immediately and was the smoothest process I ever went through. The curriculum is tough, but the teachers are wonderful and they encourage students to attend FREE tutoring during lunch. There is ZERO bullying and I mean ZERO! She is on the honor roll for the first time ever! I never thought I would be completely happy with a school, but I am. Great group of kids and staff have made this an amazing year! Highly recommend G- Star!

Last modified G-Star School Of The Arts is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.