98 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I'll keep this as short as possible. I've been attending this school for a total of three and a half years. And I've got a few strong points to make about this school's odd way of helping it's students. The staff there are very nice, and if at any point in the day you need a little extra push, or help with an issue, you can have a short break from the class which will be in a small, quiet room. Or you can speak to a trained therapist at any time. The staff which accompany you to the small, quiet room aforementioned are really nice in middle and elementary. I'm assuming the same for high school, and based on the other reviews, that's probably the case. They're understanding and will listen and work with you through an issue. However, not all is gumdrops and rainbows here. The therapists, even though they're doing their job and give advice and all that, it's not usually helpful in my case, and in many others. The student stays upset, and they don't really fully understand the issue at hand. Basic advice is given, and not much thought is put into the problem. They can control a behavioral situation quickly, no matter the instance, which I've got to give the staff props for. However, bullying? Ha, another matter entirely. Bullies are usually never given too bad of a punishment, and it continues throughout the year unless you have adamant parents, which I'm thankful for, that would be willing to take the school issue to the school district. And with teaching, it's usually a very slow process, and the learning may be just fitting grade level. I know sixth graders who learn beyond what I do, and they're in a normal school, not alternative one. But, personally, I wouldn't recommend trying this school out for your children, as it's really not all it's made out to be. Try other solutions. This school may just make your child feel worse.

If I can rate Indian Ridge I would say 1, 000.00 star's. This school is amazing. I learned so much that I wouldn't have learned in a regular school. they taught me how 2 do so many things. For example: cooking, cleaning, banking, how to get a job, how to make resumes, there's so much more. I highly recommend it. Hands down the best school in palm beach County.

I think its a great school! you learn so much there!!! I loved being there but I moved on to better but I'm glad I had went there and experienced alot there!! they treat you like family!! They have great staff there!!

Last modified Indian Ridge School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.