718 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I am so impressed by the staff at this school. The principal is extremely involved. She answers my questions and concerns about kindergarten and VPK for both my children. The teachers are really good and caring, especially Mrs D, Ms Garcia, Ms Kinney, and Ms Simon. I like that they have a free breakfast program for any student. I am nurse and am excited about my kids being exposed to a biomedical laboratory at such a young age. This is a really great school. I was thinking about privatising my kids, but I changed my mind after I got a tour of the school. We are lucky to have this as a public school close to my home. I believe my 2 kids will thrive here and excel to their highest academic potential.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have had nothing but great experiences. the teachers are great about meeting the needs of my children.

Amount of homework: Agree

They only send home homework for practice. Sometimes I have to help, but if we don't get it the teachers are always willing to help my child understand it.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They work with my children on making good choices and giving back. The school does many service projects.

This school does a great job with my children. They love the teachers. Admin is knowledge and works well with families. They do many fun events with the kids and really focus on them as people, not just test scores.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I cannot say this about all of the teachers I'm mostly speaking upon the administration and the front office staff the only thing that they are very effective at is stressing you out when you're trying to register your child into school.

Amount of homework: no rating

I transferred my child straight out of this school before they even started so I cannot answer on that.

Develops character: Disagree

As a parent I do not feel like I was treated fairly and I was just getting my feet wet with the registration process.

We went to register our child at Grassy Waters because this was our assigned school and when we left the building there was no doubt in our mind that this was not the school for us. First what rubbed us the wrong way was the front office staff member who helped us. When walking in I did not get a friendly greeting instead I waited to get registration forms while there were three or four ladies hiding in the back and every single question I had was rudely answered with a contradiction and everything was a problem. I felt as if I were a criminal. This form is not right, what you herd in your child's meeting was not right, your address was not proven and do you even live there, this form is not up to date I mean every single thing was a hassle. I almost had a panic attack I was so stressed out. Also the uniform criteria requires students to wear scrubs I thought that was a little absurd; not every child wants to grow up to be in the medical field who ever had that idea is very biased. My spouse noticed the staff in the cafeteria was limited and mostly consisted of very young almost adults watching over too many students. The staff in the cafeteria was also very rude and almost natzi like, "when yall' see me raise my hand y'all raise your hand too!" They were not even speaking proper English to the students who are like sponges and pick up on everything. The last reason for our rating on this school is the lack of cleanliness of the bathrooms and the hallways, I could imagine all the children who will get sick this school year because of the uncleanliness. First impressions are everything in life and this school gave me a very poor first impression which caused us to immediately transfer our child out of the Palm Beach County School Systems and into a privately owned School. In my opinion I would not feel safe if my child attended Grassy Waters Elementary School. If the staff does not know how to treat parents could you imagine how they treat the students?

They do everything possible to help my son who has a special need !! I couldnt thank them enough for welcoming my family ...

Last modified Grassy Waters Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.