718 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Grassy Waters Elementary School 5

Posted August 22, 2016
I am so impressed by the staff at this school. The principal is extremely involved. She answers my questions and concerns about kindergarten and VPK for both my children. The teachers are really good and caring, especially Mrs D, Ms Garcia, Ms Kinney, and Ms Simon. I like that they have a free breakfast program for any student. I am nurse and am excited about my kids being exposed to a biomedical laboratory at such a young age. This is a really great school. I was thinking about privatising my kids, but I changed my mind after I got a tour of the school. We are lucky to have this as a public school close to my home. I believe my 2 kids will thrive here and excel to their highest academic potential.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted August 22, 2016
Thanks to Ms Garcia for always helping me with clarifying the pick and drop off for my little ones. Thanks to the principal for listening to my concerns and addressing any issues quickly and also for being kind and caring. Thanks for Ms D. for always smiling and writing in the agenda daily. Thanks for Ms Simon and Ms Kinney for working extra hard on my daughter who started off with seperation anxiety when dropping off. You staff make this school great!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted August 09, 2016
The principal is great. I really like the fact that they have a medical and veterinary program and the kids get to wear scrubs if they want, but the principal is great about supporting families. Scrubs aren't mandatory and lower cost options are ok. She is always around and participates in family events with her own family. She shows that she is all about the kids.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 09, 2016
I have had nothing but great experiences. the teachers are great about meeting the needs of my children.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 09, 2016
They only send home homework for practice. Sometimes I have to help, but if we don't get it the teachers are always willing to help my child understand it.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 09, 2016
The science activities they do are awesome. My child has learned a lot about not giving up by participating in the challenges.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 09, 2016
Admin does a great job handling issues. My child was getting picked on. The principal stepped in and stopped things immediately.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 09, 2016
My child loves reading buddies and working with the animals. They are learning so much about helping others.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 09, 2016
They work with my children on making good choices and giving back. The school does many service projects.

Grassy Waters Elementary School 5

Posted August 09, 2016
This school does a great job with my children. They love the teachers. Admin is knowledge and works well with families. They do many fun events with the kids and really focus on them as people, not just test scores.

3550 North Jog Road, West Palm Beach, FL  33411
Last modified Grassy Waters Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.