1,300 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

EPE is an excellent school and the Administrators are great. You can see the sincerity and genuinenity towards the children from the Principal and Assistant Principals. They are all so hands on and involved with the children. However, there is a new teacher, M. Cuba who is a nightmare. She is the worst teacher I have ever come across. She seems to be unorganized and messy. She was not very nice to my child and at times not very truthful. We are extremely elated that we don't have to deal with her and hope to never have to deal with her again. Outside of that, EPE is an excellent school.

This school use to be great at one point, but it has left a very sour taste in my mouth. My daughter had a field trip to saint Augustine and she was so looking forward to the trip. The total cost was a little over $300.00 - She was super excited because she was going to spend the overnight trip with her two best friends .. so everyone in her class had already picked their group. A few weeks later she came to the house super upset because she said that her teacher told her she wasnt going to be in the group she had originally picked because one of the girls weren't going.. Immediately when my daughter told me I called her teacher and I told her that my daughter wasn't going to enjoy herself if her group was changed, and that if that was the case I would like my money back because the purpose of her trip was her having the fun of her life with her best friends... after the teacher giving me the run around - she finally called me back and promised me that no change had been made- she told me that she didn't know what my daughter was talking about and that shes still scheduled to go on the trip with her best friends.... So I agreed on the field trip and i assured my daughter that she was still assigned with her best friends ( trusting the teachers word).The day of the field trip - as soon as I left the teacher separated my daughter from her group and told her once she was in saint Augustine that she was no longer in the group and that there was nothing she could do - that it was out of her control..

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

My child has never experienced bullying but she did have a lot of problems with her room teacher.

Supports LD students: Neutral

I imagine so.I'm really not in that situation so I cant give a direct opinion.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

no. not at all... I am not happy how this school manages issues we as parents may have with the room teachers..

Develops character: Neutral

Yes. The school has all the materials a child needs to succeed- I'm really not sure if the realize when a child is having problems with the room teacher.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Yes most of the teachers are! but my daughters teacher would motivate her by reminding her that she was the only child in the class that was going to fail.(Which she didn't.)

Amount of homework: Neutral

. My daughter asked to call me and she denied the call because she knew that it was going to be a problem. Had I known that my daughter was going to sleep on the floor in the hotel room I would of picked her up! she cried herself to sleep and she didn't share the bed with another child because she didn't know the student well. As soon as my daughter came back she told me what had happened to her! I immediately emailed her teacher requesting answers and she ignored all my messages - so I then called the front office and the very next day I had a meeting- The principal told me that i should of been happy she had a room to sleep in and basically that i'm a type of person who would have requested a refund no matter what! she was sarcastic and she was even worse than the teacher! heartless and honestly I hate that school! I cant wait until I'm done with eagle point. after living here for 15 years, I personally would rate this school a 0 because of what was done to my child!

Eagle point has been a great experience 2 out of the 3 years so far. It seems most of the teachers have been there a long time and your experience in the end like with all schools depends if your child has a good teacher. The office staff is super friendly and the principal and both vice principals are there with a smile to great the children every morning at car pool or standing at the front gates. Also, weekly on a phone/email message is an update from the principal which is great to keep parents involved. Car pool can get a little messy and high stress but I suspect it is that way with most large schools although they do have a friendly BSO directing traffic every morning. There are after school clubs available, an organized aftercare and many opportunities to volunteer for the PTA. If you are Hispanic and enjoying being around mostly Latins then his school is probably a dream. Eagle Point also has a bilingual program and if you attend school activities or functions,you will hear most of the parents speaking Spanish(some room parents do not speak English). It can be intimidating, cliquish and leave a non Hispanic feeling like an outsider but welcome to Weston also known as Westonzuela. This is what it has become over the past 5 years so that is something to consider if you are moving to the area. Overall, it's a public education and although the school does fundraisers and fun field trips , it still has focus and the high pressure of standardized tests. I do feel my children are safe and mostly happy although haven't developed any close friendships like friends at smaller schools due to classes changes and many teachers per grade. We would like to see more crowd control and organization of parents when events happen (example-allowing parents to block front gates when morning events happen and children are trying to get to school) and to see a better car pool plan implemented. (Maybe schedule functions at least an hour after school begins,a scattered arrival time or another entrance being used but this may be out of the schools control) Trying to get over 1300 students in on time can not be an easy task but everyone is out there helping out.

Feel like the school is only teaching about South America, for the last 3 years all the class assignments have been about SA not US or the world. In general it is a good school, but I as a non-US citizen feel like it is more a Pro-Spanish school than a school, and it seem to get worse year after year.

Last modified Eagle Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.