1,265 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 29, 2016
The school has a no homework policy. I think this is appropriate in kindergarten but I am still on the fence.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 29, 2016
Yes. I felt my child's teacher was not just focused on academics but how to be a good person and how to interact in society.

Posted June 29, 2016
Great school, excellent teachers and highly involved parents. I could not have imagined a better kindergarten experience for my child. Initially, I was skeptical given the size of the school, but my child's class had a very intimate feel. The teachers were very accessible via email and kept parents posted on school activities via social media. There was always a way to participate in parent volunteer opportunities. The introduction of coding apps and STEM on half days was excellent.

Posted December 10, 2015
Great school and staff. The kids get a well-rounded education and not only the concepts needed to ace the FCAT. My daughter loves her teachers and the staff is very caring including the principal...

Posted October 20, 2015
What an responsive administration and dedicated teachers! You can tell that this school puts the children FIRST.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 13, 2015
One of many examples includes the following: Child 1, my child, is waiting in line to get on the swing. Child 2, cuts in front of every one waiting, including Child 1, and jumps on the swing. Child 1 goes up to Child 2 and says it was his turn. Child 2 then punches Child 1 in the chest. Child 1 then kicks Child 2 in the stomach. Child 2 falls down crying. Child 1 is the ONLY one in trouble. Sound fair?

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 13, 2015
Homework given was hardly ever. The HW that was assigned was considered extra help if the student wanted to do it so it wasn't mandatory. Teacher wouldn't go over it. When my husband and I would meet with the teacher, which was monthly, her excuse for not reviewing was due to so much having to get covered in such little time according to the Broward County School Board. She said it was too much information and she didn't have enough time to get it done. So I guess that means "too bad, so sad" for our students.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 13, 2015
This school didn't do anything to help it's students that were struggling. As mentioned before, more than half of the class was struggling. They truly didn't care about the students success.

Gator Run Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2015
My child was struggling along with more than 50% of the class. Nothing was being done about it. Met with the principle, Mr. Peters- waste of time. I tried getting my child moved to another class and he didn't give it two thoughts. Answer was a straight up no. Apparently Mr. Peters does not support giving homework either. THAT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE! Teachers walk around on the phones all day and the only communication was through this phone app "Dojo." Assignments were always sent home late. Materials were never given for the projects as told. When my husband and I would request graded tests, we wouldn't receive them until WEEKS later when we were told they would be sent home the following Monday. And along with the teachers and the principle, the front office staff was extremely unfriendly and unhelpful. This school had such high ratings- Why? I took my child to a private school and we're not having any issues. I will never recommend this school to anyone. Sadly, I don't have anything good to say about Gator Run Elementary. My child loved school in general, loves to learn. However, it got to the point where she didn't even want to return to the school. Her self-esteem dropped completely. It was so upsetting to see her go through this. Everything changed when I pulled her and put her into a new school.

Posted April 14, 2015
My son loves his school, his teachers and everything that relates to it. I'm happy when is it!!

1101 Glades Parkway, Weston, FL  33327
Last modified Gator Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.