1,265 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: no rating

The school has a no homework policy. I think this is appropriate in kindergarten but I am still on the fence.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes. I felt my child's teacher was not just focused on academics but how to be a good person and how to interact in society.

Great school, excellent teachers and highly involved parents. I could not have imagined a better kindergarten experience for my child. Initially, I was skeptical given the size of the school, but my child's class had a very intimate feel. The teachers were very accessible via email and kept parents posted on school activities via social media. There was always a way to participate in parent volunteer opportunities. The introduction of coding apps and STEM on half days was excellent.

Great school and staff. The kids get a well-rounded education and not only the concepts needed to ace the FCAT. My daughter loves her teachers and the staff is very caring including the principal...

What an responsive administration and dedicated teachers! You can tell that this school puts the children FIRST.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

One of many examples includes the following: Child 1, my child, is waiting in line to get on the swing. Child 2, cuts in front of every one waiting, including Child 1, and jumps on the swing. Child 1 goes up to Child 2 and says it was his turn. Child 2 then punches Child 1 in the chest. Child 1 then kicks Child 2 in the stomach. Child 2 falls down crying. Child 1 is the ONLY one in trouble. Sound fair?

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework given was hardly ever. The HW that was assigned was considered extra help if the student wanted to do it so it wasn't mandatory. Teacher wouldn't go over it. When my husband and I would meet with the teacher, which was monthly, her excuse for not reviewing was due to so much having to get covered in such little time according to the Broward County School Board. She said it was too much information and she didn't have enough time to get it done. So I guess that means "too bad, so sad" for our students.

My child was struggling along with more than 50% of the class. Nothing was being done about it. Met with the principle, Mr. Peters- waste of time. I tried getting my child moved to another class and he didn't give it two thoughts. Answer was a straight up no. Apparently Mr. Peters does not support giving homework either. THAT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE! Teachers walk around on the phones all day and the only communication was through this phone app "Dojo." Assignments were always sent home late. Materials were never given for the projects as told. When my husband and I would request graded tests, we wouldn't receive them until WEEKS later when we were told they would be sent home the following Monday. And along with the teachers and the principle, the front office staff was extremely unfriendly and unhelpful. This school had such high ratings- Why? I took my child to a private school and we're not having any issues. I will never recommend this school to anyone. Sadly, I don't have anything good to say about Gator Run Elementary. My child loved school in general, loves to learn. However, it got to the point where she didn't even want to return to the school. Her self-esteem dropped completely. It was so upsetting to see her go through this. Everything changed when I pulled her and put her into a new school.

My son loves his school, his teachers and everything that relates to it. I'm happy when is it!!

Incredible school! My children love going to school everyday. Principal, teachers, and staff care about all the students. If you are considering an elementary school in Weston, this is by far an incredible school!

Last modified Gator Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.