Weston, FL
Students enrolled: 1,186

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 13, 2015
One of many examples includes the following: Child 1, my child, is waiting in line to get on the swing. Child 2, cuts in front of every one waiting, including Child 1, and jumps on the swing. Child 1 goes up to Child 2 and says it was his turn. Child 2 then punches Child 1 in the chest. Child 1 then kicks Child 2 in the stomach. Child 2 falls down crying. Child 1 is the ONLY one in trouble. Sound fair?

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 13, 2015
Homework given was hardly ever. The HW that was assigned was considered extra help if the student wanted to do it so it wasn't mandatory. Teacher wouldn't go over it. When my husband and I would meet with the teacher, which was monthly, her excuse for not reviewing was due to so much having to get covered in such little time according to the Broward County School Board. She said it was too much information and she didn't have enough time to get it done. So I guess that means "too bad, so sad" for our students.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 13, 2015
This school didn't do anything to help it's students that were struggling. As mentioned before, more than half of the class was struggling. They truly didn't care about the students success.

Gator Run Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2015
My child was struggling along with more than 50% of the class. Nothing was being done about it. Met with the principle, Mr. Peters- waste of time. I tried getting my child moved to another class and he didn't give it two thoughts. Answer was a straight up no. Apparently Mr. Peters does not support giving homework either. THAT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE! Teachers walk around on the phones all day and the only communication was through this phone app "Dojo." Assignments were always sent home late. Materials were never given for the projects as told. When my husband and I would request graded tests, we wouldn't receive them until WEEKS later when we were told they would be sent home the following Monday. And along with the teachers and the principle, the front office staff was extremely unfriendly and unhelpful. This school had such high ratings- Why? I took my child to a private school and we're not having any issues. I will never recommend this school to anyone. Sadly, I don't have anything good to say about Gator Run Elementary. My child loved school in general, loves to learn. However, it got to the point where she didn't even want to return to the school. Her self-esteem dropped completely. It was so upsetting to see her go through this. Everything changed when I pulled her and put her into a new school.

Posted April 14, 2015
My son loves his school, his teachers and everything that relates to it. I'm happy when is it!!

Posted November 05, 2014
Incredible school! My children love going to school everyday. Principal, teachers, and staff care about all the students. If you are considering an elementary school in Weston, this is by far an incredible school!

Gator Run Elementary School 2

Posted September 17, 2014
This school has some major problems that doesn't seem to get fixed! If you are in gifted than this is the school for you! If not I would not bother moving to this district. The parents are nice but the only some of the teachers actually teach. I just found out that that the new principal does not believe in homework! Wow! That is crazy!

Posted August 07, 2014
Excelent Elementary Excelent Teachers Excelent Staff!!! Excelent PRINCIPAL Pretty nice environment, the ESOL system is very hepful, I don't have any complaint about it...

Posted June 22, 2014
Gator Run has been a rewarding experience for both of my kids. Parents are very involved and the school is challenging, safe and friendly. I am surprised and sad to see when others don't have a good experience. Hopefully there are only a couple bad seeds in this school because I would love for my kids to keep thriving the way they have the past two years. They come home with smiles and they are learning so much. The principal is outside greeting families with a huge smile and he updates everyone by phone. I'm happy.

Gator Run Elementary School 1

Posted May 29, 2014
Shame on you Gator Run. We had a mediocre first grade teacher. I requested my son to be switched to a different classroom at the beginning of the year but the principal did not accomodate. My son who used to be a super involved enthusiastic student has now lost all interest in learning due to the lack of teacher guidance and involvement. Now the teacher "took a vacation leave" and left her class 10 days before the end of the school year. What kind of teacher does that?! Shame on you :(

1101 Glades Pkwy, Weston, FL  33327
Last modified Gator Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gator Run Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 90 reviews. Top