Weston, FL
Students enrolled: 1,186
Before care: Yes

Posted November 05, 2014
Incredible school! My children love going to school everyday. Principal, teachers, and staff care about all the students. If you are considering an elementary school in Weston, this is by far an incredible school!

Posted October 04, 2014
Excellent school !! I think the principal has a great vision about changing the traditional way of learning commands respect ... but all kids love him ... teachers create an amazing environment ... My family love GRE

Gator Run Elementary School 2

Posted September 17, 2014
This school has some major problems that doesn't seem to get fixed! If you are in gifted than this is the school for you! If not I would not bother moving to this district. The parents are nice but the only some of the teachers actually teach. I just found out that that the new principal does not believe in homework! Wow! That is crazy!

Posted August 07, 2014
Excelent Elementary Excelent Teachers Excelent Staff!!! Excelent PRINCIPAL Pretty nice environment, the ESOL system is very hepful, I don't have any complaint about it...

Posted June 22, 2014
Gator Run has been a rewarding experience for both of my kids. Parents are very involved and the school is challenging, safe and friendly. I am surprised and sad to see when others don't have a good experience. Hopefully there are only a couple bad seeds in this school because I would love for my kids to keep thriving the way they have the past two years. They come home with smiles and they are learning so much. The principal is outside greeting families with a huge smile and he updates everyone by phone. I'm happy.

Gator Run Elementary School 1

Posted May 29, 2014
Shame on you Gator Run. We had a mediocre first grade teacher. I requested my son to be switched to a different classroom at the beginning of the year but the principal did not accomodate. My son who used to be a super involved enthusiastic student has now lost all interest in learning due to the lack of teacher guidance and involvement. Now the teacher "took a vacation leave" and left her class 10 days before the end of the school year. What kind of teacher does that?! Shame on you :(

Posted November 23, 2013
I am happy with the school. I moved from California two years ago and comparing schools, Gator Run is better organized, safety is excellent (nobody can enter the school if not approved as a volunteer - checked background, and must sign in in the forgot office) ,the new principal amazing, he is so involved in everything: he is everywhere, greets all students and parents, even run in the Boosterthon race and attended with his family a local restaurant to help collect funds for the school. My sons are happy at this school. Both teachers are excellent. Just in first grade I was not satisfied with the teacher, she was not aware of things she did not notice my son being a potential for the gifted program and even suggested he would not succeed. Totally wrong, I had him tested and he is doing wonderful in the gifted program for 2 years and had excellent teachers.

Gator Run Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2013
I have really nothing good to say about my daughter's experience at this school other than making friends. There are some bad things about this school and i will mention just two of them. 1. Car traffic in the mornings is horrible. You wait almost 30 minutes in line and staff at gator run dont seem to care to adress the problem. 2. The Teacher that my daughter had was terrible. Teacher was lack of all good qualities a good caring devoted teacher should have. I dont want to give details but my daughter learned more in pre-k than kindergarden. One thing i will say the parents seem more enthusiastic helping the kids than the own teacher.

Gator Run Elementary School 4

Posted January 05, 2012
My son started Kindergarten in this school this year and we are now beginning our second semester here. For 2 years prior, he attended the Montessori school in Weston. I find that the curriculum is far behind what he was studying in the Montessori, though it rivals other high-ranking public elementary schools. Parent involvement is really what makes this school great. In kindergarten, students have plenty of individualized attention with parents volunteering in the classroom daily. I do love the fact that there is an advanced reading program in Kindergarten. There is a LOT of diversity (mainly White, Latino and Chinese) though many cultures and religions are represented and the district is highly affluent and worldly; the cultures seem to get along very well. The school could improve on the following: playground equipment, time spent outside (currently approximately 2 recesses per week), foreign language offering (none at the moment), and some staffers' attitudes toward students and parents (oftentimes condescending; the principal and staff will yell at classes at lunch and in the hallways, and staff scolds parents instead of patiently explaining.)

Posted October 31, 2011
This is my daughter's first year at Gator Run and I could not be more pleased! Reading through the reviews, I am shocked to see some of the complaints- we have had nothing but the most wonderful experience. I could not be happier with the quality of the school and the education my daughter is receiving. I look forward to the next several years at Gator Run!

Gator Run Elementary School
1101 Glades Pkwy, Weston, FL  33327
Last modified Gator Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gator Run Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 78 reviews. Top