No rating

The Sagemont School, Lower School Campus

Private | PK-5 | 365 students

Living in Weston

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $145,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,570.

Posted August 30, 2014

The previous review is based on summer school experience. As I share this parent's thoughts and concerns, I am 100% sure that Sagemont team has learned from this mistake and will make the necessary moves so that it will not happen again. Sagemont is the best school in Weston. I have been a college a professor for 12 years in North East and I have my standards. it has been very difficult to find the right school for our son in Miami area. After the first year in Pre-K, I realized that Sagemont team is there for us to help our son grow both academically and socially. There will be errors just like in any other organization but as you go through the standards they are the best. My son did have a speech issue and immediately his pre-k teacher and the principal arranged a conference with us and a speech therapist was on board the next week. It is so precious to see the President of the School and the Principal of the school every single morning welcoming the kids and the parents. This by itself shows how open Sagemont's upper management is and it is much appreciated by all parents. I can write more but there is not enough space.

Posted July 23, 2014

As of today I've dealt with Sagemont for less then two weeks and thus far they have managed to loose my child, send him home soaking wet, and loose a bag filled with his belonging. I don't recommend this school to anyone. I've made plenty of research and found out that paying for school does not necessarily mean a better and safer educations.

Posted January 23, 2014

The good: small class sizes, numerous extracurricular activities and field trips. My son loves attending and his teacher is good. I feel she hasn't done enough to help him improve in handwriting, beyond telling us numerous times it was bad. Great communication between us at the teacher though. The Spanish language instruction is very weak (assuming because most kids already speak Spanish). We do not and I was very disappointed with that. Parent involvement is ridiculously high, to the detriment of the students: My son told me that his friend's mom got in trouble because she'd done his homework for him (in Kindergarten!). There are 'room moms' in every classroom, so I'm sure this happens frequently. PTO is constantly asking for money and involvement, which is great, just not my cup of tea. They do offer used uniforms. Every encounter I've had with the office staff, I felt unwelcome and like I'm bothering them. Overall it's been a good experience, my son has learned a lot, but the social environment lends itself to leave out respect for the parents, who too often roll out the red carpet for the children.

Posted December 31, 2013

Our children are flourishing, and they love school! There are many reasons for this: Sagemont s committed teachers and staff, remarkable curriculum, ongoing assessment, added focus on writing and vocabulary (love this!!), reinforcement of organizational skills, to name just a few. And we love how Sagemont teaches and models responsibility, interdependence, and respect. Our kids really enjoy the sports and outstanding drama program.

Posted December 12, 2013

My son has been attending Sagemont since he was 3 years old in PK now he s 9 years old in 3rd grade. Sagemont has been a great school for my son. I love that my son is always eager to learn and is always challenged. He is reading at 5th grade level which is amazing. Sagemont has a great curriculum, great teachers and staff. We plan to continue with Sagemont until 12th grade or maybe until college my son says that maybe by the time he graduates high school maybe Sagemont has its own college and that he would attend Sagemont College. We are very happy to be part of The Sagemont School!

Posted November 14, 2013

I am a big fan of Sagemont! The school, size, nurturing environment, caring teachers and staff make this school a great place to be. I chose S over other prep schools because of the Safety, Diversity, Small school atmosphere and phenomenal curriculum. From PS on, S offers art, music, science, Spanish and swimming as part of their curriculum. I have my 2 children enrolled & am super happy. It is our 3rd year & my older child is reading almost 3 grades above his level. His math is excellent. The teachers here encourage and challenge the students to be the best that they can be! There is also the swim academy on sight with a great coach, coach Pam. I have to say though, my favorite teacher is Ms Solomon. She works very hard with each and every child encouraging them to reach their full potential. She is a true asset to the school and a great gift to her students. Both my kids will continue on to the Upper School where I am confident that they will receive the best preparation, education and guidance.

Posted November 12, 2013

We have been part of the Sagemont School family for the past nine years and we are so pleased. There is a wonderful sense of community at Sagemont and the parents are encouraged to volunteer. The class sizes are small and the differentiated teaching is fantastic. Our children are getting a solid acamedic foundation while being able to take part in a variety of sports, clubs and arts programs to make them very well rounded. Give Sagemont a try and you won't be disappointed.

Posted January 8, 2012

My family has been attending this school for 12 years, and I have had nothing but positive experiences. My kids have flourished under the guidance of these hands-on teachers, who treated each of my children as if they were their own. I am so happy to have my kids be a part of the Sagemont family.

Posted February 21, 2011

our family has been attending this school for 9 years. excellent college prep program mixed with great extra curricular activities and clubs, sports, drama.Whenmy kids were little, I visited 8 schools in the area. Chose this one, no other school was even a close 2nd. Teachers and staff really care about the kids.You can walk into the school while in session, at any time and find kids and teachers laughing and having a great time. Compare that with excellent test grades, and you have the makings of a perfect environment for your kids.

Posted January 4, 2011

My daughter has been attending The Sagemont School since Pre-K. She has always been treated as an individual student, not just part of the class. I believe she was far advanced in every grade level. This is proven to be true by the tests she is taken. She is always in a warm, nurturing environment that adds to her educational experience. She goes to school with a big smile on her face, even when she has a test. The communication from her teachers and administration regarding the school and specifically my daughter is truly great. I am thrilled she is at The Sagemont School.

Posted September 30, 2010

As a parent, finding an educational environment that offers your child high academic challenge and standard in a setting that is technology-minded and family-friendly is a lofty and difficult goal to achieve. Our family has found and enjoyed that magical mix at the Sagemont School. The administration and staff have partnered with us for many years in the education and development of our children. They understand the importance of preparing the student to succeed in a highly competitive and complex world while not losing sight of the child: The team educates the whole child. Additionally, a smaller school size affords students and teachers to know each other well before they actually work together. We feel that Sagemont has been instrumental in helping us prepare our children to meet the world as prepared and contributing young adults.

Posted September 29, 2010

My daughter has gone to The Sagemont School for the past several years. I am so proud of her progress and the things she has accomplished. She has learned great organizational skills, test taking skills, writing, geography, science concepts and Spanish. I think the school does a great job with teaching kids to be responsible citizens and involved students. My daughter participates in chorus, sports and soon she will try drama. It looks like it will be a very nice year.

Posted June 2, 2010

Confused by contradictory reviews about this school? Truth is that the mostly outstanding teachers are unfortunately mixed with a handful of mediocre ones with no good feelings for the kids of private school paying parents. This is also true for part of the leadership team and even front office staff. I hope this explains the inconsistent experiences described in multiple reviews. The price is right for all they offer. The headmaster/owner seems very nice, but should grow some courage and get rid of his bad apples once and for all, before they annoy the real teachers and ruin his beautiful school beyond repair. Curriculum is strong but could use some brush up in science and arts. The always caring band teacher is a great asset with no recognition. She deserves more resources and kudos. This could be a great experience, just make sure to ask lots of questions before deciding.

Posted May 18, 2010

Great kids Families that value education and are ready to participate and pay top dollar for it Some good teachers and some that should not be working w children Principal is unproffesional and creates cold climate. Does not seem to care about the well being and education of all the students. Owner seems very nice but not present enough to know what goes on w current administration Curriculum is good kids are challanged Facility could be a bit better for the price and so could the extracurricular and sports activities The potential to be a gem is high but needs improvement in leadership

Posted May 2, 2010

Unfortunately the economy and cutting back has taken a toll on this school. There are a number of issues: tenure of staff, breadth of program; increasing class sized; attention to curriculum and detail. They put on a good show - but lack any real depth. And, be particularly cautious if you parent a child with special needs or a boy - not the best choice for the price.

Posted May 22, 2008

Amazing environment. Great teachers and principal. Parents highly involved. Outstanding school.

Posted April 29, 2008

Sagemont is the most wonderful school! We have had 2 children attend and our daughter is graduating 5th grade this year. It is the most loving atmosphere but with high academic expectations for the children. Parents and satff are involved and friendly. Send your child to this school with great confidence!

Posted October 15, 2006

This is our first year at Sagemont Lower School. The curriculum is outstanding - not geared to FCAT, but the school uses the Stanford test to gauge progress. My daughter's teachers are caring and highly competent. The lead teacher makes an effort to partner with parents; she responds quickly by phone and e-mail. Fantastic science, art, music, media center and PE teachers enhance the experience of the students. There are many opportunities for parent involvement besides fundraising. This school has a strong community feel with many nice, down-to-earth families. The kids are mostly very nice, and the school deals with occasional teasing and bullying quickly and constructively. It also recognizes students for upholding school values like peacemaking. After care is a blast - karate, arts & crafts, drama and dance. My daughter doesn't want to come home. This is truly a great school!

Posted April 28, 2006

I am very pleased with this school. The curriculum is challenging, the staff and faculty are dedicated and absolutely amazing in how they care for each and every child. You will not be disappointed if this is your choice.

Posted March 25, 2006

Excellent private school in quiet nice neighborhood. Teachers are excellent and school staff is very helpful.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian 3% N/A
Two or more races 2% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 2%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Computer specialist(s)
ELL/ESL Coordinator
Gifted specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Swimming pool

Gifted & talented

• Gifted specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:30 a.m.
School end time
  • 3:00 p.m.
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Gifted specialist(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Parents are considered part of our community of learners and are an integral part of the daily activities of the school.
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom