Imagine Charter School At Weston

Charter | K-5 | 790 students

Posted April 2, 2014

My school is excellent. The teachers and the administrative staff are incredibly gentle and professional. My daughter performance in school improved extremely once she entered in this school. The environment is very disciplined but at the same time, they are sweet and cooperatives with parents and students. I strongly recommend this school.

Posted November 6, 2013

This is the our first year at the middle school and we are impressed with the quality of education that our child is receiving. The middle school is small enough so there is control over students. The teachers are well qualified and emphasize discipline, responsibility, and independence. The rigor of the work is discouraging to students who do not desire to study but overall, the hard worker and overachiever will do well. The school's environment is geared towards producing quality work. The students succeed are the ones who put in the hard work expected by the middle school curriculum. It is a friendly environment where peer pressure is almost non-existent. We are really pleased with the staff and the environment suits us well. The uniforms are a plus. We were not looking for a middle school with hundreds of students. The only downside to this school is that sports and transportation to students living outside the area are limited.Otherwise, it is worth the lottery selection.

Posted October 15, 2013

Recently I withdrew my children from this school. The reasons, somehow obvious, but to mention a few: over the years, this school has lost too many valuables teachers; the ones remaining, some are good, but many need to improve their learning and communication with students. The new staff at the front office is very rude; I don't know how they manage their way into an office position this year, maybe it was because of a bad reference. Administration has changed so much over the years, that they can't keep the school/students/teacher organized. The school grounds are dirty and not well kept. I would not recommend this school.

Posted September 27, 2013

Different than others reviews this school is loosing value, at the beginning was ok, not excellent but ok. Thru the years is loosing touch with the community and kids, administration is change so many times that lost consistency, academically some good teachers make the school survive thru the standard state test. The old personnel still there, do not have good manners, lack of leadership, too many rules that do not work. Mornings are very dangerous, unorganized, no parking facilities, police presence is there but do not resolve the issue. Drivers and a lot of parents are rude. They do not comply what they claim in their web sites and marketing. School surroundings are ugly and dirty, front desk very unorganized. I have my kids for 4 years and I see all the good and the bad, in general school has a behavior problem, bulling is one of them which is not address properly. Too many kids in a small building they mix middle school and elementary with no resources, kids do not have opportunities to grow. Some teachers are good, the rest need experience and education. PTA is the same for years not to helpful. They did good but today is not the same. I will not recommend this school.

Posted August 17, 2013

I considered Imagine Charter School at Weston is excellent . The front office staff is amazing and always offer their best smile to help me. My daughter is in the bilingual program during 4 years which is great because she is learning two languages perfectly. I 'm very happy with my school and strongly recommend to the parents.

Posted August 1, 2013

My child has been in the school for 4 years and we are extremely pleased with the education and faculty. It is the best school to be at !!!

Posted July 30, 2013

This is my 2nd year at this school and I only have amazing things to say. The teachers are awesome. They take the time to always involve the parents, and advise of their children's progress. They have many extracurricular activities available for the kids after school. The also host many family activities through out the year. They do require lots of parental involvement but that is what makes the school the best in Weston!

Posted May 22, 2012

EXCELLENT SCHOOL, IMAGINE AT WESTON has met and exceeded my expectation s. The teachers are professional and caring. They take time to discuss kid s progress and are very knowledgeable about them their strengths and weaknesses. Many of the teachers have been there for years, a very good sign. The Staff knows all the children and parents, and there are hundreds of them. They always address any concerns in a polite and friendly manner. . The school has hosted many school-wide family activities and parents are made to feel very welcome and appreciated. Imagine is so large for a very good reason, they have many satisfied parents. The Bilateral academic program is outstanding. I couldn't ask for more peace of mind when I drop my son off in the morning...Thanks

Posted May 17, 2012

This school is excellent!! I am extremely pleased that my daughter could attend this school, from your teacher all the members of this school do a great job! the communication with the teacher is excellent and parents can get involved in the education of our children that to me is extremely important. I recommend it 100%

Posted January 20, 2012

Great school! The teachers, secretary, principal and administrators are there to help you and your child. Teachers are always communicating and they all work as a team. Parents involvement is unbelievable!

Posted August 22, 2011

Yes it's the first day but we had to rate our experience . We have our little one in Kindergaten. She came back home happy of being in the class. The teacher already sent us updates via email about the activities done during the day. Seems like communication is a big thing and we love it. It was worth the wait!

Posted December 15, 2010

My 3rd child is at this school, and it continues to improve every year. The leadership and performanance of the school under Imagine and Mrs Vernon is at it's best. My child partipates in the bi-literate program and what a GREAT opportunity to graduate from 5th grade knowing how to read and write in both English and Spanish.

Posted September 24, 2010

This is my 2nd grader's first year at this school and I wish I could give it MORE than 5 Stars!!! The principal is absolutely amazing and the staff is wonderful and VERY helpful. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my son's teacher. She really challenges him and I love it. He's learning so much. I couldn't be happier.

Posted June 14, 2010

Nothing but absolutely fabulous feedback on this school. Everyone cares and gives their all - from the front office, to the teachers, to the principal and aftercare staff. I couldn't ask for a more positive learning environment for my somewhat sensitive son!

Posted November 17, 2009

I am a retired teacher and administrator. I have in the past participed as a school evaluator . I have visited this school several times . My granddaughter attends this school. I am very happy with the faculty, the curriculum and the participation of the parents. I highly recommend Imagine School and Congratulate them for their good work. Dr. Aleida R. Baum

Posted October 28, 2009

I can't say enough great things about this school. I was definitely relieved when my daughter got into this school. Great parent envolvement! Your kids is not just a number in this school, everyone knows your kid by name. My daughter loves going to school. Small classes, and great teachers and staff. I highly recommend this school.

Posted July 10, 2009

Teachers and staff all seem to have the best interests of our kids in mind. They achieve great results with less funding than neighboring public schools.

Posted January 7, 2009

I love this school and all three of my kids have attended at different times. I have two older children that have graduated but I still have one enrolled. LOVE IT! GREAT TEACHERS ! LE

Posted January 6, 2009

Great School! Strong parent involvement. all grades are in separate buildings with a large courtyard in the middle for soccer, sports and games. My kids love it. They provide well rounded education for both gifted and not gifted children. Strongly recommend it.

Posted May 10, 2008

I can can not say enough about the quality of teaching at this school. The 4th grade FCAT writing scores prove it. They have the highest scores in the county and among the highest scores in the state. The proof is in the pudding. They deliver!

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

150 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

150 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2500 Glades Circle