4,489 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Overcrowding is an issue. Due to school size lunch starts at 10am. There are portable huts as class rooms, you will sometimes have to run there to get to your class on time. If it's raining, good luck. There is 1 college advisor (BRACE) for the 1000 seniors. There are teachers that dress very casual, shorts/flip flops, hard to tell if they are the teacher or a volunteer. If you have a high GPA you will likely be taken care of and given extra attention to make sure apply to contests scholarships and get all the benefits/programs available to you. This helps the school ranking--scholarships, prizes, awards, etc. If you are an average student you are pretty much on your own, unless you are extremely proactive. The school website is lacking - they should allow students to update it and give them extra credit or volunteer hours. The front office staff answers the phone, while they are still talking/yelling to someone else, before they say hello to you. The teachers change test dates regularly, some teachers do not provide a syllabus or outline of the course. There are classes that do not have enough books to go around, the teacher basis the tests from class "notes", no reference material (book) to go back to review. Hard to connect with the teacher since there are so many students here. Most teachers here leave at 3pm on the dot. Teacher voicemails are often full, sometimes teachers do not return emails. The school library/computers/printers are rarely available to the students in the morning before class or at lunch, the teachers use it for meetings and other things. Students can go to the public library across the street to use computer and print after school. Prom was on Memorial Weekend, so don't make family travel plans for that long weekend. Graduation date was provided in late Jan, the graduation ceremony was held in Dade Count @, University of Miami on Sun @ 3pm. It was approximately a 3 hour long ceremony , each student received 5 tickets. Apparently there is not a venue in Broward County that can accommodate. I would recommend looking at high schools in Coral Springs and Boca Raton.

I am so glad I live in the Cypress Bay district. I am very luck my child is able to attend this school. Staff is very good and works hard with our kids.

I'm currently a junior at Cypress and I have to say I'm blessed from being able to send my past 3 years in this school. The environment is very nice and I love the variety that you encounter in this school. Most of the teachers are great, s/o to Mr. Kline (he's the best), the principle is awesome and the whole staff is just amazing. This is definitely a huge school with almost 4700 students and sometimes it feels a little overcrowded. But aside from that, the school is awesome. It gives the students so many opportunities and guidance. GO LIGHTNING!

Develops character: Strongly agree

I find it very amusing that I've never seen or heard about an act of bullying in this school, and I find it awesome. Everyone in this school gets treated the same and are offered the same opportunities (depends only in your academic achievements).

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

They are laid back 77 percent of the year. The teachers are lie students they don't won't to work either.

I have 2 children in Cypress Bay, one will be class of 2015, We move here from the east side of Ft. Lauderderdale, and I am very glad we did, my children have really developed emotionally, the communication with us the parent is also great, The athomasphere there is really good, weston gives you that to, were can you go out and hang with friends and be safe? only in weston the school is a bit overcrowded but my kids still are doing very well, the school offers the best oppertunity if you want to succeed, GREAT JOB TO THE STAFF IN GENERAL! i am very proud to be a parent of students of this great school!!!!. Keep up the good work.

Cypress Bay High school is a one of the best school for me.I a foreign students.My friend ,teachers, guidance they help me in many activities.There many clubs, sports and other co-curricular activities . I like these activities . It increases our mental abilities and performances . We can improve the school by many competitions ,functions, and channels.

The school is overrated. Math is average or below average, English is very good, science is average, the big factor difference for this school? The amount of free electives and parents/community support.

I think 2 daughters had graduated in this school, It is an excellent school. The principal is awesome. I hope my third child could go at Cypress Bay too. Thank you so much

This school has an unbelievable reputation and is nationally known and recognized. It is extremely competitive and has many talented and bright students. It is a privilege to have my child attend Cypress Bay High School.

Last modified Cypress Bay High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.