Posted April 17, 2015
As a parent and teacher at Manatee Bay Elementary, I am proud to say that this is an excellent school. My two children have loving, caring teachers who are providing them with an excellent education. In my own classroom, I treat all of my students with kindness and respect. I always treat my students exactly how I want my own children to be treated. It is a shame that there are so many negative people posting on this website. No school is perfect! For the most part, the parents at Manatee Bay are happy with the education and environment at the school. I am going to encourage my parents to add their ratings to this website so others can see the positive as well as the negative. Don't be scared off by negative comments. I know what this school is like, and I am proud to be a parent and teacher at Manatee Bay Elementary.

Manatee Bay Elementary School 3

Posted March 15, 2015
The school has a nice environment, meaning good families and good kids. There are very good teachers But there are also the ones that are not happy teaching, working for their check only or as a hobby. Also there are some teachers with emotional/past issues that should not be teaching small children. This is the worst part because nothing is being done about those teachers. The principal's attitude is pro teacher and shebelieves that by some magical power these women will change. Wrong! As a principal she should look into the kids best interest. The principal is either naive or pretends to be as if nothing happens with the bad actions of teachers. I have heard several times teachers talking about parents, saying that rich parents this and that. There is a big complex and resentment that should be gone. Most families now are hispanic and American middle class people worrying about their kids at school. I have being 3 years at the school And I have not met any brats parents. I believe that it is time for a new principal that is not afraid of teachers, does not ally with the wrong teachers and works with parents to make a better place for the kids.
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 23, 2015
I know parents that enrolled in the Voluntary Program and are "class moms" just to be there and watch the teacher with the kids. The School tr es really hard the "No bullying" policy. But some teachers just don't care. And most of the times the kids that get bullied (most of the times by girls from other classes) are the ones grounded for defending themselves from the bullies. And to top of that, they get evaluated for that behavior in their report cards at the end of the quarter. Academically, it's a great school. But they have to improve in the way they apply the policies and perform the evaluations that involve "Growth and Study". Like the previous review, we're talking about kids. And each one is different from the other.

Posted January 11, 2015
Can someone please give me an update on how this school is? I have a daughter that will be starting kindergarten this year and we are zoned for this school but looking at all of the reviews I am afraid to enroll her here. Please someone advise! Thanks..

Posted August 11, 2014
Wow, I am searching for schools in Weston, but after I read the comments I am not considering this one for my child.

Posted April 16, 2014
This is an amazing school. Highest FCAT scores out of all Broward County Public Schools last year. Teachers are amazing. PTA does so much for the students here too. Also we were the only school in Broward County nominated for the National prestigious award called the Blue Ribbon Award. I would not go anywhere else. I love this school.

Posted April 15, 2014
It seems obvious to me that the one and two star ratings are from a disgruntled parent, who is the minority at the school. I have 3 children there and we really enjoy the school and the teachers. Manatee Bay is number one in Math and one of the only schools in the county up for a Blue Ribbon Award. I frequently volunteer at the school and not just in my own childrens' classes, but in others classes where they need help and I have not witnessed any bad behavior from any of the staff. Yes, there is a lot of fundraising, but the school receives no funding for technology because they are an A rated school. All the funding goes to schools with lower ratings. It has nothing to do with the median income of the surrounding area. All the negative publicity around the PTA was also from one disgruntled parent with an agenda. I like the school and I like the principal. The teachers are very tech savvy and easy to get a hold of via email when your child forgets their homework assignments. No school is perfect, but I find the teachers are held to a high standard. We actually turned down the Pines Charter schools because Manatee Bay had higher test scores.
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 14, 2014
My son is in second grade and my little one starts kindergarten next year. We have had wonderful, caring teachers who put children first and have a passion for teaching. The principal and assistant principal are visible and available all the time. They go above and beyond for the school and students. Wish there was more parental involvement but maybe that will increase next year.

Posted February 15, 2014
I really cannot express how shockingly bad my child's teacher is. Many of us moms are so sick our kids have to be shouted at, berated, and threatened with F's in the coming grades if they do not improve at the expected rate. Children who complain of bullying are dismissed if there is no physical harm occurring. Teachers talk among themselves about the bad, intolerable behavior of the kids, by name, in a casual, gossipy fashion, in FRONT of kids and parents. The teachers are quite brazen about their horrible treatment of the children, as they know they are virtually untouchable when it comes to their employment. I know most employees would be fired if they were texting on their phones all day instead of working. At least one teacher is on her phone much of the time. The teachers take advantage that these poor 5 and 6 year old children don't have the ability to know they are being treated in such an undignified, disrespectful manner. Some of these teachers have no shame. We pay dearly to live in Weston, because we thought the schools would be above average. Please don't assume this, do your research. Some of these teachers have no business being around children.

Posted January 09, 2014
This school does not offer a loving environment our children. Most teachers scream at the children. Most parents will volunteer just so they do not have to leave their children in such a negative school.
2 people found this helpful

Manatee Bay Elementary School
19200 Manatee Isles Drive, Weston, FL  33332
Last modified Manatee Bay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manatee Bay Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top