1,168 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 27, 2016
The best o the bests!!!!staff , teachers and the Principal are amazing!!Activites and field trips are very organized and size of classes are perfect!!!

Manatee Bay Elementary School 4

Posted December 09, 2015
This is my child second year in this school, my experience last year was good but now I'm more than happy with my son's (fifth grade) teachers. Definetly no school is perfect, but I think the teachers are held to a high standard.The environment is secure and teachers manage any bulling cases (that I have had knowledge) quickly and discreetly for both parties. PTA does so much for the students and teachers. Everybody will have different opinions base on their own experiences, in my opinion is a very good school.

Manatee Bay Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 09, 2015
My special thanks to Miss. Washington , (my son's fifth grade teacher) . She's a very active, cheerful, and caring teacher. She has the ability to handle a big group of kids with discipline, hard work but always making this in a very challenging and funny way. She always cares about every single one of her students making them fulfill their goals. I'm feeling so lucky to have her as part of my son's education. And also a very special thanks to Mr. Allison, who is a excellent math and science teacher, he's always ready and able to help his students to make them succeed on his classes. Our principal Mrs. Heather Hedman- Devaughn, Mrs. Marie-Dominique Dumervil, Asst. Principal and our PTA group make this school an example of excellence. I'm very thankful that my son is part of this great school, "Manatee Bay elementary school". Lily Vqz.

Posted April 24, 2015
The review below is an excellent example of why you need to do your research before deciding to send your child to this school. The review, by a teacher, no less, is an excellent example of the tone-deaf-to-concerns/criticism attitude you are likely to encounter from both teachers and administration. Notice how the review seeks to discredit the negative reviews by implying the reviewers themselves are somehow "negative", as opposed to caring, concerned parents who had a legitimately bad experience. "Disgruntled" is another word I've seen thrown around. I would never imply a positive review was posted by someone who was getting "paid off." I accept the positive reviews at face value. But when you see a teacher attempting to circle the wagons by trying to drown out the concerns with positive reviews, rather than showing an interest in finding ways to make the school better, well, you can see precisely the experience I and numerous others have had as parents, and have seen children go through as well. Complaints? Concerns? Dismissed. If you want to applaud the school, great. But take parents' concerns seriously, please!!

Posted April 17, 2015
As a parent and teacher at Manatee Bay Elementary, I am proud to say that this is an excellent school. My two children have loving, caring teachers who are providing them with an excellent education. In my own classroom, I treat all of my students with kindness and respect. I always treat my students exactly how I want my own children to be treated. It is a shame that there are so many negative people posting on this website. No school is perfect! For the most part, the parents at Manatee Bay are happy with the education and environment at the school. I am going to encourage my parents to add their ratings to this website so others can see the positive as well as the negative. Don't be scared off by negative comments. I know what this school is like, and I am proud to be a parent and teacher at Manatee Bay Elementary.

Manatee Bay Elementary School 3

Posted March 15, 2015
The school has a nice environment, meaning good families and good kids. There are very good teachers But there are also the ones that are not happy teaching, working for their check only or as a hobby. Also there are some teachers with emotional/past issues that should not be teaching small children. This is the worst part because nothing is being done about those teachers. The principal's attitude is pro teacher and shebelieves that by some magical power these women will change. Wrong! As a principal she should look into the kids best interest. The principal is either naive or pretends to be as if nothing happens with the bad actions of teachers. I have heard several times teachers talking about parents, saying that rich parents this and that. There is a big complex and resentment that should be gone. Most families now are hispanic and American middle class people worrying about their kids at school. I have being 3 years at the school And I have not met any brats parents. I believe that it is time for a new principal that is not afraid of teachers, does not ally with the wrong teachers and works with parents to make a better place for the kids.

Posted January 23, 2015
I know parents that enrolled in the Voluntary Program and are "class moms" just to be there and watch the teacher with the kids. The School tr es really hard the "No bullying" policy. But some teachers just don't care. And most of the times the kids that get bullied (most of the times by girls from other classes) are the ones grounded for defending themselves from the bullies. And to top of that, they get evaluated for that behavior in their report cards at the end of the quarter. Academically, it's a great school. But they have to improve in the way they apply the policies and perform the evaluations that involve "Growth and Study". Like the previous review, we're talking about kids. And each one is different from the other.

Posted January 11, 2015
Can someone please give me an update on how this school is? I have a daughter that will be starting kindergarten this year and we are zoned for this school but looking at all of the reviews I am afraid to enroll her here. Please someone advise! Thanks..

Posted August 11, 2014
Wow, I am searching for schools in Weston, but after I read the comments I am not considering this one for my child.

Posted April 16, 2014
This is an amazing school. Highest FCAT scores out of all Broward County Public Schools last year. Teachers are amazing. PTA does so much for the students here too. Also we were the only school in Broward County nominated for the National prestigious award called the Blue Ribbon Award. I would not go anywhere else. I love this school.

Manatee Bay Elementary School
19200 Manatee Isles Drive, Weston, FL  33332
Last modified Manatee Bay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manatee Bay Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 73 reviews. Top