Weston, FL
Students enrolled: 1,179
Before care: Yes

Posted August 11, 2014
Wow, I am searching for schools in Weston, but after I read the comments I am not considering this one for my child.

Posted April 16, 2014
This is an amazing school. Highest FCAT scores out of all Broward County Public Schools last year. Teachers are amazing. PTA does so much for the students here too. Also we were the only school in Broward County nominated for the National prestigious award called the Blue Ribbon Award. I would not go anywhere else. I love this school.

Posted April 15, 2014
It seems obvious to me that the one and two star ratings are from a disgruntled parent, who is the minority at the school. I have 3 children there and we really enjoy the school and the teachers. Manatee Bay is number one in Math and one of the only schools in the county up for a Blue Ribbon Award. I frequently volunteer at the school and not just in my own childrens' classes, but in others classes where they need help and I have not witnessed any bad behavior from any of the staff. Yes, there is a lot of fundraising, but the school receives no funding for technology because they are an A rated school. All the funding goes to schools with lower ratings. It has nothing to do with the median income of the surrounding area. All the negative publicity around the PTA was also from one disgruntled parent with an agenda. I like the school and I like the principal. The teachers are very tech savvy and easy to get a hold of via email when your child forgets their homework assignments. No school is perfect, but I find the teachers are held to a high standard. We actually turned down the Pines Charter schools because Manatee Bay had higher test scores.

Posted April 14, 2014
My son is in second grade and my little one starts kindergarten next year. We have had wonderful, caring teachers who put children first and have a passion for teaching. The principal and assistant principal are visible and available all the time. They go above and beyond for the school and students. Wish there was more parental involvement but maybe that will increase next year.

Posted February 15, 2014
I really cannot express how shockingly bad my child's teacher is. Many of us moms are so sick our kids have to be shouted at, berated, and threatened with F's in the coming grades if they do not improve at the expected rate. Children who complain of bullying are dismissed if there is no physical harm occurring. Teachers talk among themselves about the bad, intolerable behavior of the kids, by name, in a casual, gossipy fashion, in FRONT of kids and parents. The teachers are quite brazen about their horrible treatment of the children, as they know they are virtually untouchable when it comes to their employment. I know most employees would be fired if they were texting on their phones all day instead of working. At least one teacher is on her phone much of the time. The teachers take advantage that these poor 5 and 6 year old children don't have the ability to know they are being treated in such an undignified, disrespectful manner. Some of these teachers have no shame. We pay dearly to live in Weston, because we thought the schools would be above average. Please don't assume this, do your research. Some of these teachers have no business being around children.

Posted January 09, 2014
This school does not offer a loving environment our children. Most teachers scream at the children. Most parents will volunteer just so they do not have to leave their children in such a negative school.

Posted September 20, 2013
Manatee Bay is a wonderful school, my son had 5 years in this school and him experience was great!! Especially with Miss Mendez, Mrs Fatima Dager and Mrs. Allyssa Bloch.

Posted September 06, 2013
Awful school, principal just wants money for programs that used to be free. We need to write to the state and ask for an explanation of why the principal does not have money and is asking parents. This is a public and free school. We should not be asked for money for programs such as Accelerated Reader and make our kids walk for something they deserve free. This is taking them away from learning time. We demand that the principal explains to us why there is no money at this school and all the other schools here in weston have money.

Posted September 05, 2013
This is a great school!!! We movrd to FL last year. My kids were in private school (one of the best in our country), they adapted quickly. My daughter is in 5th grade now, and she tells me that this school is much better, in terms of teaching aspects and activities. She has to study a lot more, but she tells me that her teachers are very committed with the students. The antibullying policy is strongly enforced. Once a student complains, the situation is immediately resolved. My kids love their teachers. Mr. Schumann is great!!!! And my daughter's teachers are the best. It's very disciplined environment. I love it!!!!

Posted April 04, 2013
We have been moving around the Country every two years and we had the opportunity to sent our kids to best school districts . This School was the worst experience that we had so far, teachers humiliating kids in front of others, sending them to walk under the sun with more than 100 degrees because they did not complete a homework or task, what is this ???? Please be aware to send your kids to this school, and more if you have one attending 5th grade. Not recommended at all.

Manatee Bay Elementary School
19200 Manatee Isles Drive, Weston, FL  33332
Last modified Manatee Bay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manatee Bay Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top