1,168 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Ms Chapman is the best!!! She is very organized and sweet. My daughter learned a lot and also made great friends.

This school is so great. Both my daughters attend here. They have had such wonderful teachers who are caring and nurturing but also know how to get the job done and get them ready for the next school grade. The principal and vice principal are team leaders. They have a great way with the parents and teachers. As a parent I am always well informed and much of the information that is sent home is also online incase a parent or student misplaced it.

The best o the bests!!!!staff , teachers and the Principal are amazing!!Activites and field trips are very organized and size of classes are perfect!!!

This is my child second year in this school, my experience last year was good but now I'm more than happy with my son's (fifth grade) teachers. Definetly no school is perfect, but I think the teachers are held to a high standard.The environment is secure and teachers manage any bulling cases (that I have had knowledge) quickly and discreetly for both parties. PTA does so much for the students and teachers. Everybody will have different opinions base on their own experiences, in my opinion is a very good school.

The review below is an excellent example of why you need to do your research before deciding to send your child to this school. The review, by a teacher, no less, is an excellent example of the tone-deaf-to-concerns/criticism attitude you are likely to encounter from both teachers and administration. Notice how the review seeks to discredit the negative reviews by implying the reviewers themselves are somehow "negative", as opposed to caring, concerned parents who had a legitimately bad experience. "Disgruntled" is another word I've seen thrown around. I would never imply a positive review was posted by someone who was getting "paid off." I accept the positive reviews at face value. But when you see a teacher attempting to circle the wagons by trying to drown out the concerns with positive reviews, rather than showing an interest in finding ways to make the school better, well, you can see precisely the experience I and numerous others have had as parents, and have seen children go through as well. Complaints? Concerns? Dismissed. If you want to applaud the school, great. But take parents' concerns seriously, please!!

As a parent and teacher at Manatee Bay Elementary, I am proud to say that this is an excellent school. My two children have loving, caring teachers who are providing them with an excellent education. In my own classroom, I treat all of my students with kindness and respect. I always treat my students exactly how I want my own children to be treated. It is a shame that there are so many negative people posting on this website. No school is perfect! For the most part, the parents at Manatee Bay are happy with the education and environment at the school. I am going to encourage my parents to add their ratings to this website so others can see the positive as well as the negative. Don't be scared off by negative comments. I know what this school is like, and I am proud to be a parent and teacher at Manatee Bay Elementary.

The school has a nice environment, meaning good families and good kids. There are very good teachers But there are also the ones that are not happy teaching, working for their check only or as a hobby. Also there are some teachers with emotional/past issues that should not be teaching small children. This is the worst part because nothing is being done about those teachers. The principal's attitude is pro teacher and shebelieves that by some magical power these women will change. Wrong! As a principal she should look into the kids best interest. The principal is either naive or pretends to be as if nothing happens with the bad actions of teachers. I have heard several times teachers talking about parents, saying that rich parents this and that. There is a big complex and resentment that should be gone. Most families now are hispanic and American middle class people worrying about their kids at school. I have being 3 years at the school And I have not met any brats parents. I believe that it is time for a new principal that is not afraid of teachers, does not ally with the wrong teachers and works with parents to make a better place for the kids.

I know parents that enrolled in the Voluntary Program and are "class moms" just to be there and watch the teacher with the kids. The School tr es really hard the "No bullying" policy. But some teachers just don't care. And most of the times the kids that get bullied (most of the times by girls from other classes) are the ones grounded for defending themselves from the bullies. And to top of that, they get evaluated for that behavior in their report cards at the end of the quarter. Academically, it's a great school. But they have to improve in the way they apply the policies and perform the evaluations that involve "Growth and Study". Like the previous review, we're talking about kids. And each one is different from the other.

Can someone please give me an update on how this school is? I have a daughter that will be starting kindergarten this year and we are zoned for this school but looking at all of the reviews I am afraid to enroll her here. Please someone advise! Thanks..

Wow, I am searching for schools in Weston, but after I read the comments I am not considering this one for my child.

Last modified Manatee Bay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.