Wildwood, FL

Wildwood Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2013
My school is Wildwood Elementary. My daughter is in third grade and has been at WWES since Kindergarten. She has had excellent teachers who have taken the time to call/write/email me whenever they feel I should be notified about my daughter's work and/or behavior. She has excelled, is a top student and AR Reader. I have nothing but good things to say about all the teachers that she has been in contact with and those who have been teachers for my friends children. I would like to see an improvement in activities offered to the students. At the present time there is no language, and arts and music is at a minimum. I would also like to see clubs and even afterschool activities such as gymnastics, karate, cheerleading, etc. to help pique the student's interests. Teachers with problem students should be able to have an aide to help them. Problem students do take away time the teachers can spent with teaching the rest of the class. This is a noticeable problem. All in all I am very happy with WWES and my daughter loves going to school and loves learning. To me that is the best testimony to Wildwood Elementary School.

Wildwood Elementary School 5

Posted August 03, 2013
My daughter has went to this school for 5 years and my son has been going for 3 years..they love it and so do I!! Teachers are GREAT..ALWAYS willing to help students learn. Open communication with parents is Great too. If I have questions or concerns, teachers and staff willing to help solve the issue. Also, both of my children have asthma and the school nurse is GREAT!! Great communication, always calls to let me know if she is concerned about their asthma or just to let me know they needed their medication.Way to go W.W.E.S.!! Keep up the Good Work!!

Posted July 22, 2013
The principal at this school is horrible! Teacher turnover is high. Teachers leave because of this principal. Rating would be higher with a different principal. Have pulled my children out of this school.

Posted September 13, 2009
My kindergartner loves the school and seems to be doing very well. That pleases me.

Posted June 25, 2009
In the 2008-2009 school year this school scored an A! Yay! Way to go!

Posted March 02, 2009
In 2005-06 school year this school scored a B with the state. 2006-07 year they went down to a C. 2007-08 year they were again a C. This school has the most experienced teachers (as far as years of service) compared to the closest 25 other elementary schools near them. The teachers are 3rd most with advanced degrees and yet we are tied for last with a state issued grade of C out of the 25 schools. No wonder parents are pulling their kids out to home school them. The school board should be looking very hard at this faculty and staff starting at the top, I know I will be. Remember parents the school board members are 'ELECTED' positions. P.S. all this information was obtained from the school boards own website.

Wildwood Elementary School 4

Posted June 10, 2008
This school is striving to achieve! The teacher communication was good and I always felt welcome to involve myself.

Wildwood Elementary School 5

Posted July 18, 2007
This school is indeed growing. Its going to be an elementary school school.It has extra curricular activities.There is a music program.A playground,track,8 or 10 basketball hoops, and it has a pavillain.It has 2 computer labs and I think it is getting more computer labs.It has a big library.With books for all ages.It has a pretty big lunchroom which they keep clean. They have a stage for plays,character connect,music shows ,and lunches with the principal for a& a-b honor role

Posted August 20, 2006
The quality of academic programs in this school is not good, they focus on the children passing the annual test and when it is over they seem to stop teaching at all. My child had no homework after the fcat testing was completed and it seemed the teacher was not in class much. There are also no extracurricular activities available at this school. The uniform guidelines sre subject to indicidual teacher approval. The discipline system is very unfair.

Posted January 11, 2006
My child had to be taken from this school two years ago.Problems were overlooked or no action taken.She has done very well since attending another school.A few leaders turned the other way to keep from doing the right thing .

300 Huey Street, Wildwood, FL  34785
Last modified Wildwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wildwood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top