Keenes Crossing Elementary School 3

Posted August 21, 2014
This school has 1200 students, and 10 kindergarten classes. It is way overcrowded and impossible to get your child into class on time during morning drop off unless you get to the school one hour before it opens. Picking up of children is just as chaotic and frustrating for the children as the adults. Chaotic dismissal and overcrowding of school does not make a good place for elementary students. Week one of school and already very disappointed. Thinking of a private or home schooling over this situation for my child.

Posted April 10, 2014
We love Keenes Crossing! The teachers are so engaged and really look out for my daughter's best interests. We moved here from MD two years ago and have been amazed at the level of great education that she is receiving!

Posted March 20, 2014
I AM THE FATHER OF A STUDENT DAVID FRIDMAN WHO HAS 12 YEARS OLD AND IS VERY HAPPY WITH THE SCHOOL AND ALL THE STAFF.I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL

Keenes Crossing Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2014
I have had 2 children at the school for a year now and absolutely loved their teachers from last year and this year! They challenge my kids and really care about them! There are also great parents! Twice parents I don't even know have helped my children. Once when my son fell of his bike and got hurt and this week a sweet parent bought my child lunch when his got ruined. I am sure like every school you may have teachers or situations that are not ideal, but this school has been great for us and the families we know also love their teachers!

Posted January 23, 2014
This school is the cream of the crop. For the past few years I have had the wonderful pleasure of having an ESE student at Keenes Crossing Elementary School. I have been thoroughly pleased with the dedication of the teachers, the commitment of the staff and the "students first" attitude of the administration. I have never had concerns regarding my child's education and/or safety as school staff members are vigilant about education and security throughout the school campus. The Parent Organization has been extremely supportive of the school and students. Their efforts are reflected in the wonderful spirit and involvement displayed by the students and the families. I could go on and on, but there is simply not enough room and time. A quick eparting thought....when searching for a home and a school you should strongly consider a school whose administrations is award-winning caliber, a staff that is dedication and commintment lead to the best possible education I have ever seen a child receive and a school community the exudes family involvement and student succes....you should consider Keenes Crossing Elementary School! You will not be disappointed!!

Keenes Crossing Elementary School 1

Posted January 17, 2014
Not a safe harbor for my child. The main reason is an uncaring, irresponsible and wreckles principal. Staffing skills are non existent and supervision of the staff is a poor to say the least. My child had seven teachers in 2.5 years and almost all of them had issues with safety compliance and curriculum. I feel sorry for those great students and teachers that are stuck with no options. Hopefully something is done soon so this school can be saved from the obvious failure. It needs to start from the top. Parents, talk to your children and make sure are treated with dignity. Don't take anything for granted and don't count with the administration for help. Get others involved.

Keenes Crossing Elementary School 1

Posted January 16, 2014
One star is too high for this school. Worst public elementary school in Orange County. Completely neglected my child educationally, mentally and allegedly physically. I have three DCF (Department of Children & Family) reports ranging from, leaving my child unattended, loosing my child and a staff member physically abusing my child.. The administration is unqualified and uncaring to say the least. I would have never purchased a home in this school zone if I had any idea what a train-wreck this school was. Thankfully I was able to get a transfer due to their absolute neglect. Do not make the same mistake!

Posted January 05, 2014
Fantastic teachers and parental involvement! Teachers worm hard.to challenge students as well as reinforce missing skills.

Posted September 15, 2013
Our experience at KCE has been good. The school is full of lots of caring & well educated teachers. Parents are very involved and spend lots of time with their children and it shows. The principal is very focused on academics and test scores...she lacks greatly in social skills. The assistant principal, Ms. Amy Lerman, makes up for this big time. Not only does she know my KG and 2nd grader by name, but she also knows their quirks, likes, and personalities. She talks directly to them and treats them with respect. The two together make a good team. Yelling by the teachers is tolerated way to much. Ridiculous!Lunch in the cafeteria is lacking. Most of the lunch room staff have horrible attitudes. Parents have been volunteering and coming in to help there.KCE is a wonderful school overall...but regardless parents must be present! There is also a great sense of community.The school also has a wonderful gifted program and lots of great specials the kids regularly go to...science lab, science technology lab, art, music, PE,and writing lab. I would not choose another school in the area to be a part of.

Keenes Crossing Elementary School 4

Posted March 13, 2013
The very child-indulgent Berkley, CA parent's overall attitude shown in the post shows that the school was not the only party to his disappointment in this school as is alledged in the post. He had to be requested by the school officer to leave campus in the last "discussion". Teachers at this school don't just yell at students nor does the administration not do anything. His child was moved to another classroom where the complaining only got worse. Academically, Keenes Crossing is a top rated school in OCPS. All schools, as any other organization, will have flaws but overall this is a good school with caring teachers who want their students to give their best efforts...in this particular case, any effort.
2 people found this helpful

Keenes Crossing Elementary School
5240 Keenes Pheasant Drive, Windermere, FL  34786
Last modified Keenes Crossing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Keenes Crossing Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top