Windermere, FL

Posted July 29, 2014
Windermere Elementary is a true community school with a lot of support from parents and businesses. The PTA has been recognized many times for the outstanding work. It's awarded the 5 Star Award from OCPS every year. Now, with the Mustang Education Fund, the school has fund raising going to always improve the schools technology and programs. OCPS has named WES the pilot school for Bring Your Own Device - a technology driven program. The teachers are the best in the district and very dedicated to the kids. They communicate well and my kids have always been happy. I wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

Posted July 19, 2013
Windermere Prep has been an outstanding educational experience for our four children. The teachers and the administrative staff have been fantastic. My kids are happy to go school each morning. The learning environment is amazing and it is "cool" to work hard and excel in school. I realize that no school is perfect, but Windermere Prep has been very close for our family. Back Story - We moved from the Delaware to Windermere. At that time our four children were between 5 and 10. We had a year to determine where we would live and most importantly where our children would attend school. We researched and toured both the areas Public and Private schools. It became obvious the weakest link was the Public Middle Schools. Florida's educational policies make the FCAT test all important. Public School teachers are forced to focus all of their efforts on the slowest kid(s) so they can make the minimum FCAT score. There is no grouping of kids by test scores so a teacher can actually teach the same thing to an entire class at the same time. Teachers told us they actually apologize to parents for not being able teaching their children anything new for weeks at a time. Sad

Windermere Elementary School 3

Posted December 19, 2008
The PTA definitely needs to be less of a clique and more warm and inviting. But of course this is a general representation of the Windermere community!!! The school is revered as one of the best Orange County Public schools but as a parent who has experience outside of this state, the curriculum could be enhanced in some areas and culture and diversity needs to be encouraged.

Posted December 17, 2008
I would agree that this school is fantastic. The principal has always had a very welcoming ear to address our concerns and compliments. My child's teachers have all been wonderful educators excelling my child beyond the minimum standards. (And we have attended other schools in other states to compare it to.) I would agree that the PTA could use some work and is possibly holding this school back from a 5 star rating. The school has been completely remodeled and rebuilt with no portables in use any longer. They have wonderful technology devices in place for the school but is perhaps not using them to their fullest capabilities or creatively using the technology. But overall this is a very good school in a wonderful neighborhood community environment.

Windermere Elementary School

Posted October 01, 2008
This is our first year here...we've been very happy with our teachers...The PTA leaves a lot to be desired in their presentation...not the warm welcoming committee I would expect to find at a school of this caliber.

Posted May 14, 2008
One of the best school in Florida! The appears to really care about the progress of the students!

Posted March 27, 2006
This is a great school. The teachers are very professional and caring. The kids are all well behaved. I am very happy with the school. My kids tellme the school lunch could be better but other than that...I am not complaining!

Posted September 13, 2005
My family has relocated to the area and we have found that this school is amazing. They have helped us as a family as well as provided an excellent education for our daughter. Thank Windermere!

Posted September 01, 2005
WES has been great for my son. He is in the multi-age program and has excelled. Parental involvement is very high. Very involved PTA program. Wish they would emphasis technology more but homework and levels of work are good.

Posted August 05, 2005
Parent involvement is high at Windermere elementary. Teachers are of above average quality, but the school building is old and in great need of additions/remodeling. Until last year, pick up of a child took 10-30 minutes depending upon what time you arrived, and your car would have to traverse mud, hanging limbs and potholes through the trek. They have since repaved the facilities and it appears are adapting a new traffic pattern. The school is also supposed to be slated for remodeling. There are many portable buildings as well. My child's kindergarten teacher, Miss Carter was excellent and took a special interest in my son. She really loved to teach and motivated him to learn.

Windermere Elementary School
11125 Park Avenue, Windermere, FL  34786
Last modified Windermere Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Windermere Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top