Windermere, FL
Students enrolled: 1,253
Before care: Yes

Posted November 17, 2014
So far my year here at Gotha has been good as a sixth grader in second term, but there are SOME minor changes that need to happen. First of all, there are so many kids here. There are so many kids stopping in the middle of the hallways talking to their friends, minding their own buisness, and when a student becomes late for that exact reason, they become punished. I think maybe they should add atleast another minute to the time inbetween classes, seeing as there are kids who have to walk from one side of the campus to the other, sparing a few seconds of time from being late. I am always tired from walking long distances in a short amount of time. Another problem is that some kids starting out in 6th grade in Gotha have to be forced to have lunch with 7th and 8th graders. Kids can become picked on for being so young, yet teacher do nothing about changing the schedules to 6th grade lunch. I spent the first term never talking to anyone in 7th grade lunch because the only person I knew was my sister. Overall academically this is a good school.

Posted November 17, 2014
I feel like there are very unfair things in this school! The students only have 4 min. between classes and my child is always late to classes! So far the teachers are very nice and teachers my daughter well. The one thing I don't like is that my daughter isn't able to use her Phone during lunch i think that's unfair for my child and all the other students.

Posted August 25, 2014
Gotha has turned a new leaf this year! Great new principal in Mrs. Knowles and new assistant principal as well! Principal is very engaged in school operations and manages the children well. She has encouraged the parents to get involved and volunteer at the school. The first day was a great experience from the beautification of the front entrance and the greetings from the staff! The kids are so far having a great year!

Posted August 17, 2012
My children love Gotha. I have two children that are currently in the 8th grade. They have attended all three years. My children are taking honors classes and receiving all high school credits this year. They have also scored 5's on the FCAT. The teachers are very supportive and provide extra help through email and before and after school. The music program is outstanding. My son has taken 3 years of guitar lessons as an elective and 2 years of Sax and Jazz. My daughter has taken drama, musical theater and chorus for 2 years. I have to say the teachers have given 110% and love what they are doing. Their productions were outstanding. Mrs. Young is a phenomenal teacher. She is a great role model for her students. She is upbeat and has a positive attitude. She is one of my daughter's favorite teachers. My kids have a great group of friends that are into doing well in school and have great goals. I was very nervous when my kids started school here because they were small for their age... But no worries. The school seems safe and bullying, drugs and fighting are not tolerated at this school. I would Highly recommend this school.

Posted May 17, 2012
im curently at gotha.... gotha is a great school.. but the principle mrs.godek is very rude she does not inforce the rules.. to certian people for example when my friends psp was stolen we know who did it and told her and she told use she cant do anything about it... but my had an arguement with another parent and a few words were said and i was suspened for the actions of my mother because girls that where there said i said the things other than that teachers are great there are great ways to stay out of trouble like the YMCA with ms. rosie

Gotha Middle School 2

Posted May 15, 2012
I am strongly considering taking my daughter out of Gotha. The school has deteriorated since my son attended 2004..I do not think they instill discipline or values here. Some teachers are good & some not so good . The principal seems apathetic & not a leadership type..Go elsewhere if you can, I'm considering a move to winter garden & hear much better things about Lakeview.. My daughter had her back pack invaded & there have been students caught with drugs in school ..

Posted September 06, 2011
I LOVE Gotha Middle School. My daughter has attended since 6th grade and is in her final year. She was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in October of 2009, although she has had issues bc of her disease all of her teachers and the staff and I have worked together to get her to continue to excell, ESPECIALLY Nurse Daria! We have had only 2 issues with certain teachers which were taken care of quickly and my daugher has always been an honor roll student...through all of her difficulites. And also she has participated in many extracurriclar activites. As far as you people out there blaming the school for the 'thugs and sudents with bad language' you probably need to contact the parents for all that behavior starts at home!!

Gotha Middle School 1

Posted September 02, 2011
I withdrew my daughter after two weeks. The students' language and behavior was out of control. One of her teachers cursed in the classroom, laughed about it, then denied it when I emailed her and the principal. The principal didn't reply at all to my email! The secretary was rude when I went to complete the withdrawal papers on top of everything else. Don't let the school's grade fool you - it doesn't reveal what's going on day to day!

Gotha Middle School 2

Posted May 25, 2011
Schools gone way down.Ms.Godek is a horrible principle.A lot more fights, lots of thugs, it's horrible.

Gotha Middle School 4

Posted April 09, 2010

Gotha Middle School
9155 Gotha Road, Windermere, FL  34786
Last modified Gotha Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gotha Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top