Windermere, FL
Students enrolled: 1,253

Gotha Middle School 1

Posted May 14, 2015
If you are zoned for this school I would recommend trying any way possible to get out. The teachers are fine, but the administration is possibly the worst I've ever encountered. They are only worried about their rating and shuffling the kids out to make them someone else's problem. Discipline is outright ignored and the students well being are the least of their concern.

Gotha Middle School 4

Posted February 22, 2015
School has made great improvements since the new administration. Finally some consistent disciplinary action and order has come to the school. No more disruptions and behavior issues that have caused continuous focus in the past. They seem to deal with issues and handle them immediately. School has drastically improved its appearance and attitude. Keep moving in a positive direction.

Posted February 14, 2015
Gotha is really getting it all together! The changes in the attitudes of the staff and the appearence of the school is really making a impact! Thank you to the support from the PTO and the new administration for making a HUGE difference! We look forward to a rest of the year being so good!

Posted November 17, 2014
So far my year here at Gotha has been good as a sixth grader in second term, but there are SOME minor changes that need to happen. First of all, there are so many kids here. There are so many kids stopping in the middle of the hallways talking to their friends, minding their own buisness, and when a student becomes late for that exact reason, they become punished. I think maybe they should add atleast another minute to the time inbetween classes, seeing as there are kids who have to walk from one side of the campus to the other, sparing a few seconds of time from being late. I am always tired from walking long distances in a short amount of time. Another problem is that some kids starting out in 6th grade in Gotha have to be forced to have lunch with 7th and 8th graders. Kids can become picked on for being so young, yet teacher do nothing about changing the schedules to 6th grade lunch. I spent the first term never talking to anyone in 7th grade lunch because the only person I knew was my sister. Overall academically this is a good school.

Posted November 17, 2014
I feel like there are very unfair things in this school! The students only have 4 min. between classes and my child is always late to classes! So far the teachers are very nice and teachers my daughter well. The one thing I don't like is that my daughter isn't able to use her Phone during lunch i think that's unfair for my child and all the other students.

Posted August 25, 2014
Gotha has turned a new leaf this year! Great new principal in Mrs. Knowles and new assistant principal as well! Principal is very engaged in school operations and manages the children well. She has encouraged the parents to get involved and volunteer at the school. The first day was a great experience from the beautification of the front entrance and the greetings from the staff! The kids are so far having a great year!

Posted March 14, 2013
I have 3 children at GMS. They all love it there and I do too. The teachers are very friendly and give them the support they need the learning is great! They students are friendly there drama sometimes but hey thats life :) But i did have the problem with no homework. I went and made a meeting for all my childrens teachers and they all told me they do ALL the work they have at school. They give them alot of classwork to finsh anf if they dont its homework. I went and asked my children if that was the case and they said yes. I tried many charter schools before Gotha but they didnt fit the learning i was looking for. OSS (ORLANDO SCIENCE SCHOOL) was one of them and can i tell you how terrible the staff members and students are? They gave NO class work then itd homework for my kids like really? At the end of the day Gotha overall is a great school and i deffiently trust the school and recomend it to you guys!

Gotha Middle School 1

Posted February 07, 2013
I am very disapointment of this school: the principal is nothing but a zero. Dont let the apperience of the school to fool you. There is bullying in this school and the Principal is never on "property". Few of the staff are very rude and unprofecional. My daughter had an asthma attack and the nurse call me to pick her up. I asked the nurse to call the ambulance and she stated that it was unnecessary that she was fine. Some teachers are helpfull but be aware as parent and get involved ALL THE TIME regarding your children safety and academic well being. Good look!

Posted August 17, 2012
My children love Gotha. I have two children that are currently in the 8th grade. They have attended all three years. My children are taking honors classes and receiving all high school credits this year. They have also scored 5's on the FCAT. The teachers are very supportive and provide extra help through email and before and after school. The music program is outstanding. My son has taken 3 years of guitar lessons as an elective and 2 years of Sax and Jazz. My daughter has taken drama, musical theater and chorus for 2 years. I have to say the teachers have given 110% and love what they are doing. Their productions were outstanding. Mrs. Young is a phenomenal teacher. She is a great role model for her students. She is upbeat and has a positive attitude. She is one of my daughter's favorite teachers. My kids have a great group of friends that are into doing well in school and have great goals. I was very nervous when my kids started school here because they were small for their age... But no worries. The school seems safe and bullying, drugs and fighting are not tolerated at this school. I would Highly recommend this school.

Posted May 17, 2012
im curently at gotha.... gotha is a great school.. but the principle mrs.godek is very rude she does not inforce the rules.. to certian people for example when my friends psp was stolen we know who did it and told her and she told use she cant do anything about it... but my had an arguement with another parent and a few words were said and i was suspened for the actions of my mother because girls that where there said i said the things other than that teachers are great there are great ways to stay out of trouble like the YMCA with ms. rosie

Gotha Middle School
9155 Gotha Road, Windermere, FL  34786
Last modified Gotha Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gotha Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top