PK-12|Private
1,250 students

Bad
Good

Both of my children attend WPS and have thrived in every way. The school isn't just a school, it is truly a family. The support and love of the teachers & faculty is outstanding. The campus is beautiful and comfortable. The academic and extracurricular programs are amazing. I love that my children get to interact with the older kids (who act as mentors) and participate in the pep rallies, football games, holiday programs, etc together. It is truly a blessing to be part of the WPS family.

I have 3 children at WPS. Each of them are different yet each are developing in so many wonderful ways. My lower school son is reading very advance and is excited about math. My middle school daughters are becoming strong young ladies with excellent communication skills. It's a great school.

Windermere Preparatory School has been an absolute blessing for our family! Our son is currently in 4th grade as a transfer student from another private school in the Orlando area. At such a young age, the enjoyment of school was lost and he was struggling to "find himself." We then made the decision to switch to Windermere Prep after a tour of the campus and much discussion with admissions and Ms. Fagan, the Lower School Director. Our son is currently finishing his fourth grade year and has been happier than I have ever seen him! He races into school each morning with a smile on his face and his grades are vastly improved! We attribute this to several factors. First and foremost, Ms. Fagan gently sets the tone of the Lower School as being one of grace, acceptance, and encourages each child to shine as an individual. Her staff follow such an amazing example! Also, the curriculum is outstanding and allows our son, and ALL children, to have their academic load more individualized than I have ever seen. Our son now enjoys school because his assignments are personalized and many times "outside the box", which only make school more special and exciting. I cannot speak for the middle and high school personally, but only hear positive remarks from fellow parents with older children who attend WP. THANK YOU to WP for being the best - ALL AROUND!!!!

WPS earned BEST private school in Orlando for a reason! I just worry that the secret is out! (not that I don't want to share) As a longtime WPS family, I've known for quite some time what the rest of the community is starting to learn. The academics, the culture, and the community combine for a perfect experience for my children. I know they're in the right place.

If your are looking for a realy international school, with an open mind, to help your kids at any level and problem, an excellent parents community, great faculty, beautiful and brand new campus, and safety, this is the school for your kids and family. Come visit the school and you'll be gladly surprise

Windermere Prep provides not only a top notch education, beautiful facilities/campus and high quality instructors and staff, but it is a family feel environment that is unlike any school I've ever seen. Your child and your family are treated with respect, familiarity, love and trust. The students are happy to come to school and the atmosphere on campus is comfortable yet demanding and professional. Our family's experience at WPS for many years now has been extremely positive. When considering paying for private education, it's not just what is learned in the classroom that sets a private school apart; it is the type of "person" that the school nurtures and develops. The students at WPS are committed to each other, the school and themselves. This school is a privilege to attend...and a joy as well.

Our family has been a part of WPS for the last 9 years and it has been a truly amazing experience! We currently have two daughters in the Middle School (6th and 8th grade) and one in the lower school (4th grade). The school's commitment to excellence is manifest in every aspect of the organization. Strong leadership and a first class faculty have elevated the school to the top in private school education thus becoming a benchmark for others. Academically our daughters are thriving and enjoy attending school every day. Teachers challenge them to exceed their learning level. Teachers/administration are always available to address any concerns and provide solutions to benefit all involved. We love the sense of community at the school and the parent involvement at various functions, performances, etc. during the year. The athletic program has attracted some of the best coaches in their respective sports and continues to grow. Each year we write a check for 3 tuitions and never hesitate because of the VALUE the school offers our daughters as they mature and eventually head to college. Thank you to all involved at WPS for exceeding our expectations and we look forward to the years ahead.

We began mid year at WPS in Jan. of 2013. We could not have asked for a better transition. The teachers were very helpful in helping us start a new school in a new town in a new state. I highly recommend this environment to anyone new to this area. The teacher-to-student ratio is low; the school is warm & welcoming, and the parents are made to feel like they always have a say in their child's education. EVERY concern is heard and addressed. I've been most impressed with the school's emphasis on the learner, not the tests. They recognize that each person learns at different rates & come up with a personalized learning plan for each child. My kids' teachers are available daily before/after school for any extra help. They encourage it! Last year my daughter had a 4th grade teacher who was beyond wonderful. Mrs. Halupka created a nurturing, family-like classroom where kids were expected to care, respect & encourage each other. They had an amazing bond! "Mrs. H" was so in tune with my daughter's learning style. She gave her the confidence she needed in math & the direction she needed in her other subjects to really excel. She was fully ready for 5th grade. We are so grateful to her.

My son has attended WPS since pre-K-3 and is now entering the 5th grade so we have been involved with the school for the past 7 years and will have experienced the entire gamut of the Lower School from start to finish. (Also, my daughter started at WPS last year for Kindergarten and is now entering 1st grade). We have seen the school grow and flourish and even though we loved it from Day One, it's been amazing to see the progression of the school. Growing up, I attended both public school as well as two top private schools (The Kinkaid School in Houston, TX and Detroit Country Day School). I think WPS is an incredible private school. I love the sense of community and of family that everyone feels here. The academics and teaching are top-notch. The athletics program has grown by leaps and bounds. There is a focus on the "whole man" including character education and fine arts as well. Our headmaster and administration are amazing and so committed. The campus is lovely- from the flowers to the buildings to the music. Every year there is something new and amazing with the programs, the infrastructure, etc. WPS is the best and getting better all the time!

My children have been attending WPS for twelve years now. What an amazing experience it has been to watch this school grow and advance through the years. Today WPS is setting the standard in education. The goals we have set for our Children are all becoming reality as we see them grow into mature, well rounded and independent young ladies. The support system they are provided by both faculty and students alike is incredible and might just be the greatest asset of this school. The success rate on the IB results for last years seniors was amazing and the college exceptances are fast becoming impressive. The Meritas Group have proven their commitment and investment levels are second to none and I am so excited to continue our journey as our youngest now enters middle school. For anyone looking to be a part of a private school that sets itself apart from the rest I highly recommend they take time to look at this great Institution.

Last modified Windermere Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12