PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Cranium Academy 5

Posted January 22, 2016
We can not believe how wonderful Cranium Academy has been for our kids and friends. It amazes my husband and I how academically gifted both our children are and we know it is because of Cranium. All of their teachers have been wonderful and we love the warm, loving, family environment. I just wanted to say thanks so much and be ready because my younger sister's first child will be enrolling for next year and already walks around the place like she owns it when she visits with us. M.Patel

Cranium Academy 1

Posted November 18, 2015
Hi I had a horrible experience. The receptionist I believe named Jen was very rude and looked like she did not enjoy working there one bit. There were children running a muck. Do not go here.

Cranium Academy 5

Posted October 09, 2015
We have just been so happy at Cranium so far. Our best friends youngest child is in their preschool, and it is amazing what their daughter is learning. She is using a critical thinking program called explorers, which our son used last year. This month she is going over literature with topics such as plot concepts and fiction vs. non-fiction writing……and SHE IS IN PRESCHOOL – LOL. Our boy is in their K-5 preparatory school, and we are amazed. His classes’ core reading and math curriculum is at one full grade level ahead of all standard public and private schools in the area. This allows all of the kids in his first-grade class, including him, to get second-grade level reading and math curriculum. We have felt that the issue must parents have with elementary school aged students who are advanced or gifted is that all of the standard public and private school curriculum is way too easy. Cranium solves this for us! Our son also gets a custom learning path for reading and math, which has allowed him to accelerate beyond Cranium’s advanced levels. The elementary tuition was actually lower then other schools we toured and none of them were using advanced curriculum like Cranium. We also like his exposure to their creative music, art, science and social studies programs. I guess they have partnered with the city, and the preparatory school gets to have PE over at the soccer and ball fields at Braddock Park. We love the community feel of the school. The parent participation is awesome, and the PTA and management put together various field trips, spirit nights and parent/school events. The teachers have always been amazing and it is so refreshing to be a part of a place where everyone is so engaged and happy. CON: The one issue I can possibly see with Cranium is if a parent wants their child to move over to their elementary school from another public or private school. Since the curriculum is ahead of these other schools, I would ask how they place and teach a child who is not as advanced as the kids in Cranium. We have not had to deal with that ourselves, but I think it is a question that should be asked, just to make sure a child does not struggle too much.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 09, 2015
Mrs Tatianna has been such an inspiration for our son. We also appreciate the school directors and teachers for putting together all the wonderful field trips and parent PTA events.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 09, 2015
Besides being very effective, the teachers have all been so happy, enthusiastic and engaged with our boy. It is just a wonderful environment and the teachers have been great.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted October 09, 2015
I never thought about this before, but things such as persistence or grit usually come about when we are exposed to complex challenges in school and life. Because Cranium has such an advanced and diversified curriculum I can see where they would really help to foster these traits in our son.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 09, 2015
This is one of the many things we love about this school. We just don't feel you get this at the local public schools. The environment at Cranium fully supports our home efforts in developing his compassion and caring towards others,

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 09, 2015
Without a doubt. Our son's class has a program called Cranium Character that develops these traits. I also think their warm and caring environment helps develop these traits too.

Cranium Academy 4

Posted August 24, 2015
Pros: - Cranium is a great school and the curriculum seems to be equivalent to other local schools. - The administrative staff seems to care a lot about the children and the children feel safe. - The small classroom environment is a huge plus. - My child is happy in the small environment and feels safe. Her self esteem seems to be high. - My child liked her teachers. Cons: - I think it's better for the younger crowd than the K+ grades because they fall short on anything extra curricular such as fine arts and sports. The children don't get to experience that and I feel that having the arts and sports experience is just as important as curriculum. They claim they don't have a budget for it however, they are charging almost $10,000 a year per student for elementary so I can't understand this. - My child always seemed to be behind her public school friends on curriculum as far as what she was learning. I feel this is because of the mixed grades and the teachers not being experienced enough to teach more than one grade at the same time. - Most of the teachers they hired, except for a few, all seem to be fresh out of college and very inexperienced. I am not sure how a teacher with less than 10 years experience and a masters could be qualified to teach multiple grades at the same time. - I feel like they have budgeting issues and are not putting enough back into the school program to justify the money they are charging to the parents. - They don't encourage parent involvement that much. I always felt like I was imposing when I would come in to help. I wish there was some sort of PTA in place.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted August 24, 2015
I feel the teachers are effective but again, I feel they are just not experienced enough to teach multiple grades at once and the older children end up having to spend more time re-learning the younger classmates curriculum instead of learning new grade appropriate stuff.

4068 Winter Garden Vineland Road, Winter Garden, FL  34787