742 students|Orange

Bad
Good

I do not agree with the last two comments. We are new to the school but my son loves his teacher and the principal! I have been to numerous events that the school has hosted and my so. always looks for Principal Boyd to give her a hug as soon as we arrive. The events have been both fun and educational and my son has made so much progress this year. After years of struggling to learn to read, he is finally reading! I commend Principal Boyd and her staff for helping my son feel cared for and successful!

Used to be a wonderful school!!!! Dillard Street Elementary is going to lose it's "A" rating due to the lack of leadership of the new 2014 school year Principal Katie Boyd. Metrics have it probably moving to a "D", unprecedented! In addition, she has caused untold misery on students and teachers alike, plummeting moral to an all time low. This principal is not a good fit!

I have had my children at this school for many years. I have always thought the teachers and principal Shanoff worked hard to provide the best education for my children. This year it has become clear as the year has progressed that the school is not being lead by its newest principal Boyd. We were an "A" school last year and the projection is looking like a "d" or "F" school. The difference in the feel of the school is very different and not very happy. Looks like I will be moving them to a different school next year.

I am so sad that my daughter wasted her Kindergarten year at Dillard. This school has no heart!! Parents are not even welcome in the class. It is know the end of Feb. and the school has yet to do anything special for the kids.I was so sad to see all my father friends going to father/daughter dances at their school while Dillard did NOTHING. SO SAD!!!! My daughter will NEVER go back to this school.

Fantastic School! Love the teachers and their dedication. I heard the previous Principal (Mr Shannoff) was promoted to another school (good for him, not so good for us, maybe) We still haven't met the new principal, Mr Shannoff always introduced himself to us. Wonder how involved this person is going to be and surely hope the school rating doesn't go down because of his/her uninterest.

Dillard Street is a Amazing School with dedicated teachers!!!

I think Dillard Elementary School is wonderful. My second child is starting the first grade and she can't wait. Both my girls loved it and did very well there. The teachers and staff are wonderful. My oldest daughter started school in NY and when we moved to florida, only then did she begin to like school. I have only positive experiences with their teachers. Keep up the great work!!

my two children have been going to DSES for two years since we moved to florida, my son is in ESE and has made so much progress thanks to the work of the fantastic teachers and principal Ive never been more happier with a school as I am with this one the teachers are phenonmenal and the principal and vice principal are there to help you. My kids actually look forward to going to school each day Thanks for all your great work!

I am very disappointed in Dillard Street Elementary School. My child's 2nd grade teacher cannot control her classroom and has the children climbing around in the bathrooms. The classroom is more of a try to control the unruly children than it is about teaching. Whenever I talk to the teacher, she speaks to me in a very condesending tone, treating me like a lower person who just doesn't know anything. I only want what is best for my child and I know that Dillard Street is not worthy of the government money they receive via our taxes. I am not a person who likes to intervene, but, when I hear what is going on in the classroom and verify it with the teacher (while she talks down to me - like I don't have a college degree) I cannot accept this environment for my child.

I have had children at DSES for three years now, including one in ESE. This is a fantastic school that has nothing but the children's best interest at heart. The principal has changed, but Mr. Shanoff, the new prinicipal, has continued to provide excellent leadership in forming tomorrow's community leaders.

Last modified Dillard Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.