Winter Garden, FL
Students enrolled: 3,749

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 26, 2015
I feel like the teachers are confusing me. They are affecting my learning skills because when they teach they keep changing up the rules.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 26, 2015
They don't give us allot of homework although they expect us to do critical thinking and get everything right. These teachers clearly need to be educated properly before they start a teaching career.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted May 26, 2015
The teachers don't try to understand us. They get mad when we don't understand something and claim that they "went over the lesson already"

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 26, 2015
The teachers have very poor teaching skills. They have no patience with the students what so ever.they are constantly giving us tests and it's stressful

Posted May 26, 2015
The school to me is just plain terrible ! the homecoming is great they have a great DJ. However, I feel like the teachers don't even care about our future ! Some teachers need to sit down and retire. I feel like they confusing themselves more than they confusing me ! I feel like the school needs to work on hiring better teachers that have good teaching skills, patience, and passion for teaching. The principal acts like they have the best teachers in the world but in reality we don't, not even close. They have to improve...seriously .

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted May 26, 2015
Some teachers are motivational and some aren't. It's equal , although only one teacher I had this year was motivational but he was very bad at teaching.

Posted February 25, 2015
I give West Orange High School 0 out of 5 stars. I am a current student and do not believe this school deserves any more than 0 stars (I had to put one star otherwise the rating would not submit). I have seen first hand the lack of teaching motivation in teachers and also administrators as well as counselors ignoring students when they need help simply because it is an inconvenience to their lives. Of course, this is all so disappointing because I moved to Florida this year due to the fact that at that time, the school had a rating of 8, better opportunities future wise, and it was said to be a great school. Well I can tell you now that the school has a 5 out of 10 rating. Therefore, I will not be attending West Orange High School next year as I choose to not put myself through this abuse any longer than I already have. If you are reading this review then you are probably considering moving to the school district. Do your kids a favor and go somewhere else. This is not the great school you may think it is. This rating has been written in all honesty.

West Orange High School 5

Posted January 22, 2015
Very open campus and administration - leadership is right on target for parents. The time spent in school is as important to us as parents as it is the students.

West Orange High School 5

Posted November 01, 2014
This school is the best school I've gone to. We are overcrowded, but on the plus side, it gives us an abundant of available courses, teachers, and opportunities.

Posted May 14, 2014
This school is horrible. They do not make any arrangement to comply with Individual Edification Plans (IEP) for students with disabilities. They blame the students for their disabilities and refuse to comply with federal laws requiring compliance. The county administrators then back up school administrators and refuse to implement IEP. They use "overcrowding" as an excuse for failing to teach students. The "A" rating is sham.
2 people found this helpful

1625 Beulah Road, Winter Garden, FL  34787
Last modified West Orange High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Orange High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 88 reviews. Top