Lake Whitney Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 556 students

Posted July 25, 2013

This school is top notch! Administrative staff is wonderful, you couldn't ask for better communication between staff and parents. They truly care about their students. I can honestly say that I've always felt that my children were always pushed to excel here. We love Mrs. Kasper and Mrs. Bonfanti! If I had one thing to nag about, my 3rd grader 2012-13 did not care for his teacher. I don't like to single people out so she will remain unnamed. I would have to agree that she is a little stern and by the books for an elementary school teacher. He was the only one that didn't seem excited about class, which in my opinion is a must. When they are in that age it's good to make learning fun and exciting! The students are less likely to lose interest. He was well educated nonetheless. Definitely earned it's "A" rating.

Posted May 15, 2011

This is my last year here! i am soooooo sad..... From all the great field trips, like Epcot, Medieval Times, the zoo, and many others, to the great staff (stout out to Mr. Wisdom), this is my favorite school! I will be going to Bridgewater next year, and am hoping that they will have the same great experience waiting for me.

Posted April 30, 2010

Thank you, Lake Whitney, Mrs. Prince, Mrs .Qualls, Mrs Turner, and all teachers for making this such a wonderful, safe, and fun learning evnvironment for my children!

Posted April 27, 2010

We moved to Florida t the beginning of the 2007 school year - so this is our 3rd year at Lake Whitney. The school is wonderful. Very caring teachers and staff, a very active PTO and a lot of family involvement. I have 3 children and so far we have been in grades K through 4 and all have been terrific experiences.

Posted March 23, 2010

My children love Lake Whitney and so do my wife and I! I have never found a more personalbe principal! Mrs. Prince is amazing in the way she knows every student by nam; every parent feels welcomed and reassured that our kids are in great hands! Thank you Mrs. Prince!!!

Posted November 11, 2009

My family loves Lake Whitney! Mrs. Prince and the teachers and staff are wonderful! My children are learning things beyond my expectations! We have had so many great family events this year. Thank you Lake Whitney for the great elementary year experiences!

Posted May 3, 2009

We moved to the area in December and were a little weary about putting our Kindergartner in a public school. As it turns out, it was the best decision we could have made. Our son has a new optimism for school and is excelling in everything he does. We owe it all to the excellent staff and LWE and his K teacher, Ms. Winders, who we love very much! She is great!

Posted April 18, 2009

I have a child that has attended LWE since kindergarten and is now in 3rd grade. Excellent teachers, staff, and leadership. Without question a 5 star facility. I would encourage any parent to consider LWE.

Posted March 18, 2008

I have 2 children in this school and am very happy with their accomplishments. My credit to the staff and administration. We have recently moved to the area, and was pleasantly surprised with the level of teaching. Thank you for making this a great environment for my children!!!.

Posted October 6, 2007

Great level of parent involvement

Posted May 13, 2007

This is an awesome school, with a staff that is very involved and organized. Drop off and pick-up times are always smooth and well run. Low teacher-student ratios provide excellent interaction and communication with the parents is daily. Math and Reading programs allow students to excel at their own pace. Due to the great PTA and excellent parental involvement, their are volunteers in every classroom as well. Area after school programs love this school also, due to the excellent organization when picking up children for after school activities, which is a great comfort to a working parent. Thank you, Lake Whitney, Mrs. Prince, and all teachers for making this such a wonderful, safe, and fun learning evnvironment for my children!

Posted May 3, 2007

This a great school. It has an involved administration and staff who are intent on structure and increased learning (as indicated by Lake Whitney advancing on FCAT tests this year).

Posted April 19, 2007

I have two children at Lake Whitney, both since Kindergarten. They are now in second and third grade. The involvement with the parents is tremendous and am pleased as a single father that the dads are also very involved. The Teaching and Administration staff are all very professional and approachable. I will hold any plans I have on moving until they are out of grade school. Mrs. Bender and the rest of the management team are very courteous and show excellent leadership skills. The biggest reason for my comfort at Lake Whitney would have to be the fact the the teachers are genuinely interested in there professions. They actually come across like they enjoy teaching our young kids and attitude is 90%. Kudos to the staff! Barry Jamieson

Posted April 12, 2007

Lake Whitney is an outstanding elementary school.The staff are excellent and most of them know the parents by names.The Principal Mrs.Prince and her Assistant Mrs.Bender are very involved and approachable.Nurse Beverly is very sweet to children.The involvement of parents in this school is fantastic.I have a Third Grade Daughter and First Grade Son,They learn more than I thought.We love Lake Whitney.

Posted March 2, 2007

Both of my children have attended Lake Whitney since kindergarten and we couldn't be more pleased with their progress. When we moved to Winter Garden, my son transferred to Lake Whitney from a private Christian school in the middle of his kindergarten year. I was nervous about how he would adapt, but he fit right in. I think he was provided with more challenging assignments than what he was getting in the private school he attended. The teachers are professional, well educated and truly care about their students. The parent involvement at LWE is amazing too.

Posted May 25, 2006

I have had all four of my children at Lake Whitney Elementary and have been very happy with the school. The academic programs are excellent, the teachers are very involved. They have great programs in Art, Music, Science and others. There is a lot of parent involvement in the school, both Moms and Dads.

Posted May 1, 2006

My son attends this school and we are more than satisfied. With the wealth of activities they offer and the professionalism of the teacher body, I am totally convinced your child will have the same experience ours did.

Posted January 6, 2006

I currently have a fourth grader at Lake Whitney and have an older child who has been through Lake Whitney. I find Lake Whitney to be a wonderful place to educate your child. It is a loving safe environment and the curriculum is just as aggressive as it needs to be. I find the children to be well prepared for what they need but not over stressed with the 'push' to learn. The parent support, in general, including the PTA, are a huge factor in the success of the school.

Posted August 14, 2005

We are in our second year at Lake Whitney and are very pleased. We have found that they are doing the same curriculum and level found at both Windermere Prep & Lake Highland Prep. The teachers are qualified, organized and prepared. The parents are encouraged to be involved and most certainly are involved. The school is very receptive to parent volunteering and the PTA is a strong group. Our child learned to read and write in Kindergarten and the school environment has given him confidence and structure.

Posted June 10, 2005

My son attended this school K thru 3rd. I have been very impressed with the amount of parent support the school receives. The quality of teachers is high, I would rate 2 of his 4 teachers superb in their attention and interest in my son as well as their teaching ability. The principle and vice principle have been very understanding and responsive on the two occassions I have met to deal with issues. The cafateria manager is a very kind person to my son and has been conscientious in contacting me by letter when needed concerning any little issues which I have appreciated. Also, Mary at the front office is very opptomistic and helpful. Nurse Beverly is a great asset to the school and has lent to my comfort over the years in having my son in the school. ALso the librarian is very helpful. I regret we are moving.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

100 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

100 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

111 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
School psychologist
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)

• School psychologist
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school

• Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Volunteer in the classroom
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1351 Windermere Road