598 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teachers provide personal care and attention to every student and there is alot of homework that drives students to being prepared for 1st grade and beyond. Very pleased to see public school congruent with northeast focus and academics.

This school is top notch! Administrative staff is wonderful, you couldn't ask for better communication between staff and parents. They truly care about their students. I can honestly say that I've always felt that my children were always pushed to excel here. We love Mrs. Kasper and Mrs. Bonfanti! If I had one thing to nag about, my 3rd grader 2012-13 did not care for his teacher. I don't like to single people out so she will remain unnamed. I would have to agree that she is a little stern and by the books for an elementary school teacher. He was the only one that didn't seem excited about class, which in my opinion is a must. When they are in that age it's good to make learning fun and exciting! The students are less likely to lose interest. He was well educated nonetheless. Definitely earned it's "A" rating.

My pleasure with this school completely depends on whether we have one of the kids being sent here from Pine Hills in our class. These kids are disruptive, and definatley bring the learning curve down. My child has learned inappropriate language, was at times scared to go to school, and heard terrible stories about guns and violence from these children. This year we are blessed to not have one in our class, and now I understand why other parents give LWE 5 stars. We have an excellent teacher and great parental involvement.

This is my last year here! i am soooooo sad..... From all the great field trips, like Epcot, Medieval Times, the zoo, and many others, to the great staff (stout out to Mr. Wisdom), this is my favorite school! I will be going to Bridgewater next year, and am hoping that they will have the same great experience waiting for me.

Thank you, Lake Whitney, Mrs. Prince, Mrs .Qualls, Mrs Turner, and all teachers for making this such a wonderful, safe, and fun learning evnvironment for my children!

We moved to Florida t the beginning of the 2007 school year - so this is our 3rd year at Lake Whitney. The school is wonderful. Very caring teachers and staff, a very active PTO and a lot of family involvement. I have 3 children and so far we have been in grades K through 4 and all have been terrific experiences.

My children love Lake Whitney and so do my wife and I! I have never found a more personalbe principal! Mrs. Prince is amazing in the way she knows every student by nam; every parent feels welcomed and reassured that our kids are in great hands! Thank you Mrs. Prince!!!

My family loves Lake Whitney! Mrs. Prince and the teachers and staff are wonderful! My children are learning things beyond my expectations! We have had so many great family events this year. Thank you Lake Whitney for the great elementary year experiences!

We moved to the area in December and were a little weary about putting our Kindergartner in a public school. As it turns out, it was the best decision we could have made. Our son has a new optimism for school and is excelling in everything he does. We owe it all to the excellent staff and LWE and his K teacher, Ms. Winders, who we love very much! She is great!

I have a child that has attended LWE since kindergarten and is now in 3rd grade. Excellent teachers, staff, and leadership. Without question a 5 star facility. I would encourage any parent to consider LWE.

Last modified Lake Whitney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.