Winter Garden, FL
Before care: Yes

Whispering Oak Elementary School 3

Posted September 07, 2013
Our son is in his second year at WOE (in 4th grade now). He went through K-2 in a Bay Area, CA, school district. We have been overall dissatisfied with this school. His teacher last year rarely communicated with us, and had difficulty with technology. Our son has come home with "facts" that he learned at school (and we verified were taught) that were just plain wrong. Getting children out during the "30-30" thunder events is challenging (though, admittedly - they are improving each time we have one). It seemed as though every rainy day last year, we got to hear how his class went to the main building to watch a movie. It rains a lot here. His current teacher is certainly nice, and the principal seems to be very involved and invested. The office staff is great. But when we think back to how everything ran at our previous school, WOE pales in comparison. The standards were higher, the teachers were more competent and concerned, and we didn't have to worry that someone would tell our son that the letter "W" was added to the alphabet later than the rest of the letters.

Posted August 22, 2013
This is a great school! I was a little hesitant taking switching him from a Montessori school to a public school. He did great in kindergarten and is now above level in reading. The lexia program helped. I also like the open communication with the teachers. The principal is amazing and she is the reason why the school continues as an "A" grade school.

Whispering Oak Elementary School 3

Posted June 05, 2013
I have two children that attended WOE. For your average student, this is an average school. If you have a child with special needs, go somewhere else. They simply don't get it and have no desire to. My concerns about my child were ignored for years. As long as they pass the FCAT, they don't care. My other child did well enough. But I only had three decent teachers in our time there.

Posted April 29, 2013
I have enjoyed Whispering Oaks for the past 3 school years. My son has attended school here for 3rd 4th and 5th grade. He is now getting ready to graduate 5th grade. His favorite this school year is Wonderful Wednesday where once every 6 weeks they do all specials all Wednesday. He loves Art and Stem, and its just a specials infused day! There could definitely be assemblies to award the kids with their perfect attendance and honor roll. There could also be Holiday plays etc... Those are things I miss from school that do not happen here. They do have a couple different events for each grade every school year. They had a carnival this year and it was fun. This school has been cut in 1/2 after the new relief school was built, I personally feel the parental involvement is way less then previous years, but there are many parents who are holding it together! I encourage more parental involvement, not just for the school, but it also encourages your child and helps them at school.

Posted April 07, 2013
Never had any problems with this school my daughter loves it and so do I

Posted August 30, 2012
It is unfortunate that these types of sites always seem to attract the negative people and the positive people remain silent. Our son just started his second year at WOE and we love it! The teachers and staff are extremely friendly, dedicated, well qualified, and communicative. They encourage parental involvement on a daily basis. Our son has learned a great deal at school and we reinforce it at home. Please put the limited negative feedback in perspective to the number of students that attend the school. Thank you to the administration, faculty, and other staff, you are doing a terrific job.

Posted August 29, 2012
They are completely disorganized. You get smart remarks when you mention it. Had teachers hi-5 themselves and said they had great teamwork. Couldn't even tell me where to find my child in bad weather release. On the 5th day of school they brought in the kids from the portables due to bad weather & they were watching a Justin B movie. They pride themselves in separating the child and parent. And when they don't know what to say to u they just cop to "it's ocps policy" which is not always true. Requested a meeting with a teacher and have yet to hear from her. I so regret pulling my kids from their other school. Don't send your kids here!

Posted April 17, 2012
My daughter attended K and 1st grade at WOE and is now almost a full grade behind because of a lax curriculum and/or lazy teachers. There was poor communication from the teachers and what I can only believe to be educational neglect in the classroom, letting kids play on computers instead of actually teaching. We transferred to a nearby charter school where my son now attends K and he is learning much more advanced skills than they taught at WOE. I'm very disappointed with our experience at WOE and now feel like my child was just a # at this huge disappointment of a school. Regretfully, Parent of 2 that will never go back to Whispering Oak.

Posted March 15, 2012
i attented Whispering Oaks Elm. five years ago and had the best experience and still till this day its one of my foundest memories. i was involved in everything from student council, tv production, all the way to speech competitions. i dream of going back there one day because it honestly helped shaped me into the person i am today. the teachers so kind and inviting and there was also an activity i could join. the students so friendly to a new face. whispering oaks is the kind of environment you want for child.

Posted June 05, 2011
This is one of the worse school I have ever known. My overall rating will be (O) Zero.This all started since the first day of school when at the car pool I was picking up my kids, my younger one was actually pushed into my car by the one of the administrators, just because my son did not enter the car when he was told to do. My son experienced a horrible trauma that it really sealed him for the rest of the time he spend there, to the point that it made me changed my mind about getting my kids in any other public school. I thanks God the we are able to get them in a private school. The teachers do not want to work, the principal leadership is embarrassing, very poor school leadership, the PTA dept. is never available, they are completely disorganize...even the nurse left the school; there are no good challenging academic programs. Please do your homework before registering your kids in this school, I did not and I really regret it.

Whispering Oak Elementary School
15300 Stoneybrook West Parkway, Winter Garden, FL  34787
Last modified Whispering Oak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whispering Oak Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top