Jewett Middle Academy Magnet 4

Posted August 05, 2013
Jewett Academyy's 8th grade students had the top FCAT Writing scores in Polk County. They recently experienced a rough patch, but I firmly believe that they are and will be making a comeback.

Posted June 28, 2013
The new principal has made some great changes to the campus. The administration is easy to talk with and listens to my concerns. Both my children attend the school and are receiving a wonderful education. The elective choices they enjoy are ITV, robotics, drama, and spanish. I highly recommend the MYP program.

Jewett Middle Academy Magnet 3

Posted December 28, 2011
I put my daughter in this school for 6th grade, next year she left. It's a nice school but her previous school was more advanced. She is currently in 8th grade and still keeps in contact with her jewett friends. Everything is nice but academic wise, not the "best".

Posted June 06, 2011
In response to the previous comment...I have been told drama will be there next year. Contact school. The school cares about their students. My child loves the school. They have the students best interest in mind. I would like to see PE continue as a full year, not changed to half semester this fall. That is one disappointing thing, other than that I am very happy with the school.

Jewett Middle Academy Magnet 1

Posted May 17, 2011
How disappointing.DRAMA has been eliminated without any parental or student input. Drama is important for a school that is an MYP candidate school. Drama class helps students feel comfortable in public speaking.after all are not new technology and science introduced before large audiences ? SHAME on the principal for adding Guitar class and eliminating drama...Thumbs down for the principal! I will no longer contribute to the PTA fundraisers or sponsor any events at Jewett Academy Middle.

Posted November 10, 2010
I think the school is awesome. They're an A school and the curriculum is challenging allowing the students to excel at an accelerate rate.

Posted November 09, 2010
I love Jewett because they have high standards for learning. Both my kids have gone to school there and Jewett prepared my son well for high school. My daughter is currently in eighth grade there and is also doing very well. They loved chorus, art, drama, and all their other elective subjects as well. I believe they have gotten a great education there that has prepared them well for high school.

Posted October 29, 2010
Strong teacher involvement with kids. Daughter feels very welcome and that her teachers/administrators care about her and her education.

Posted October 28, 2010
Jewett Academy is an A++ school with a superb and dedicated staff. Students receive an excellent education in a caring, safe atmosphere.

Posted October 27, 2010
My grandson loves this school, so it must be great.

Jewett Middle Academy Magnet
601 Ave T Northeast, Winter Haven, FL  33881
Last modified Jewett Middle Academy Magnet is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jewett Middle Academy Magnet Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 77 reviews. Top