606 students|Polk

Bad
Good

Jewett Academyy's 8th grade students had the top FCAT Writing scores in Polk County. They recently experienced a rough patch, but I firmly believe that they are and will be making a comeback.

The new principal has made some great changes to the campus. The administration is easy to talk with and listens to my concerns. Both my children attend the school and are receiving a wonderful education. The elective choices they enjoy are ITV, robotics, drama, and spanish. I highly recommend the MYP program.

I put my daughter in this school for 6th grade, next year she left. It's a nice school but her previous school was more advanced. She is currently in 8th grade and still keeps in contact with her jewett friends. Everything is nice but academic wise, not the "best".

In response to the previous comment...I have been told drama will be there next year. Contact school. The school cares about their students. My child loves the school. They have the students best interest in mind. I would like to see PE continue as a full year, not changed to half semester this fall. That is one disappointing thing, other than that I am very happy with the school.

How disappointing.DRAMA has been eliminated without any parental or student input. Drama is important for a school that is an MYP candidate school. Drama class helps students feel comfortable in public speaking.after all are not new technology and science introduced before large audiences ? SHAME on the principal for adding Guitar class and eliminating drama...Thumbs down for the principal! I will no longer contribute to the PTA fundraisers or sponsor any events at Jewett Academy Middle.

I think the school is awesome. They're an A school and the curriculum is challenging allowing the students to excel at an accelerate rate.

I love Jewett because they have high standards for learning. Both my kids have gone to school there and Jewett prepared my son well for high school. My daughter is currently in eighth grade there and is also doing very well. They loved chorus, art, drama, and all their other elective subjects as well. I believe they have gotten a great education there that has prepared them well for high school.

Strong teacher involvement with kids. Daughter feels very welcome and that her teachers/administrators care about her and her education.

Jewett Academy is an A++ school with a superb and dedicated staff. Students receive an excellent education in a caring, safe atmosphere.

My grandson loves this school, so it must be great.

Last modified Jewett Middle Academy Magnet is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.