Winter Haven, FL

Garden Grove Elementary School 1

Posted August 19, 2013
Unorganized school ! My son went here k-3 and I have to say kindergarten was ok but once he hit 1st grade he got no help from teachers . Bullying happens here a lot and all I ever got was excuses from principals and staff . The new vice principal seems like she's trying to help all she can but its just a mess . Class sizes are huge and teachers cannot handle all the children . Wish garden grove would get it together !

Posted July 10, 2009
As a past graduate of Garden Grove myself, it was a great feeling to have all three of my children attend. My 2 sons have grown and now are at Winter Haven High and Denison and are doing very well from a great base that was established and my daughter who is in the 4th grade will do just as well because of the great base set up for her. Thanks to all who have helped my children achieve.

Garden Grove Elementary School 5

Posted November 08, 2006
Three of my children attend Garden Grove. Two attend first grade (different teachers) and one in third. This school is as good as any private school. The academics are excellent. Attention to each student individually excellent. The principal and assistant principal are both community leaders and one an artist. This school excels in every area, including professionalism. I rate this school A++ and would recommend it to everyone.

Garden Grove Elementary School 5

Posted January 11, 2006
Garden grove elem. Is awesome. The staff there is just incredible. They are always willing to help and change things if necessary. I am extremely pleased with the school and i am greatful that my child is able to attend that school. The teachers just go over and beyond for the children and that is what we need.

Garden Grove Elementary School 4

Posted May 13, 2005
I feel the school needs improvement for an Art room, a Music room and a little help on the PE field wouldn't hurt as well. Even though it is an 'A' School there is more than FCAT..Reading and Math!

Garden Grove Elementary School 3

Posted April 07, 2005
My daughter attended this school for 4th and 5th grades. She is in the gifted program (Alpha). I feel this school does not do enough for the gifted students. The alpha teacher was fresh out of school and had no idea what to do with these kids. Also, art and music are only offered once a week EVERY OTHER week! The art teacher does not have her own space--she travels from room to room with a cart! The regular teachers she had were very good, though, I thought. The principal is not overly friendly, either.

Posted January 29, 2005
I live in the Garden Grove School Zone. Although My Child Has Never Attended The School I have had a brief encounter with them when wanting to enroll my duaghter. She was currently in 1st Grade and had been in private school since k-3. She excelled in all subject areas. I wanted G.G. Elem. to test her for placement in the school. She went in and did the test and the lady said she placed in a upper secon grade early third grade reading level but that she would still have to go into first grade. Come to find out they only test on reading and they were not intrested in moving her into second grade so she could at least work at her level. I have decided then to homeschool. She is doing great!

4599 Cypress Gardens Road, Winter Haven, FL  33884
Last modified Garden Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garden Grove Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top