Hartridge Academy

Charter | K-5 | 246 students

Posted December 15, 2013

Hartridge Academy is a small, unassuming school that, if you didn't know to look for it, you might just miss it. Each one of my granddaughter' s teachers have been superb. She is being challenged and her abilities continue to improve due to the excellent curriculum. The administration is efficient and they are a pleasure to deal with. The school's test scores show the commitment of the entire program.

Posted December 13, 2013

Hartridge Academy is truly the best academic and family friendly school in Polk County. Both children have attended this school from pre-k one is in college preparing for a medical degree and the other is in the second grade. I couldn't be prouder in what this school has helped mold these two into great human beings.

Posted December 5, 2012

My daughter has attended the school since PreK and is now in 3rd grade. We love the school and are very thankful that she has the opportunity to be there. Ms. Debra(the principle) is great at answering my questionsand never has a problem when I call for information or send a note asking for information. As far as communication through the agenda, it's not the best. Parents are aware of homework and have school schedules but sometimes my daughter does a activity and I don't hear about it until the day of or after. But, sometimes parents have to put in the extra effort. It's hard when you work full-time but you cannot expect your child to remember everything or do everything without you checking on things. Not at this age, anyway. Teach them responsibility but also lay out the example for them. Don't just make them do their homework, check their homework to see where they are lacking. It's not all up to our teachers, though they play a big role. It takes a village to raise a child. Hartridge Academy is an amazing school with a principle, staff and teachers who really care.

Posted June 18, 2010

Parents select this school and sign a contract that requires them to particpate actively in their own child's education. Weekly one on one time is scheduled so every parent is guaranteed communication in private and welcomed in the school. Unfortunately there will always be some parents who think the only way to be involved in their own child's education is to be in the room while other children are having class. Sincere desires to help take place everyday at Hartridge. If all schools made weekly private time for each student and respected other children's privacy, schools everywhere would get the results Hartridge gets.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 25, 2010

I would have to agree with the parent regarding poor communication there. I'm always writing something in my child's agenda asking different questions and most of the time I'm not getting a reponse just sometimes. As for parental involvement, there ISN'T any there and that's very discouraging. You would think all schools would be happy that a parent would want to be so involved in their child's activities. In my heart, I don't feel that they are on top of things like they should be. As for my child he/she is not happy going there anymore and what hurts is that he/she loves to learn.

Posted May 10, 2010

My son has learned so much since he's been to this school he has asthma and on his sick days he's begging me to let him attend school. The teachers and staff are outstanding he loves his teacher mrs meyers. I highly recommend hartridge academy.

Posted May 2, 2010

My daughter has learned so much in so little time since beginning last summer with Hartridge Academies VPK program First Academy and continuing with Kindergarten at Hartridge. The teachers and staff are all outstanding and highly recommended by myself for anyone looking for the best education experience for their children. The classes are small so more attention is given individually to each student and free tutoring once a week applicable to your schedule. I wish I had this opportunity when I was a child.

Posted April 28, 2010

In preschool at Hartridge Academy my son learned to read! Great school!

Posted June 9, 2009

My son went to Hartridge from Pre-K to 5th grade. It was such a wonderful experience for him. He is in 6th grade now and still misses his old teacher Mrs. Perez! Mrs. Perez, you are an amazing teacher! Keep doing what you are doing!! I would recommend this school to any of my friends and family members.

Posted March 24, 2009

Families receive a daily communication agenda and free weekly private tutoring so there is no excuse for a family to not communicate with the school. Parents choose this school because of the strict privacy and safety policies thus volunteering is not allowed in the classroom. Also second hand smoke on parents causes a problem for some students. Many parents volunteer by performing chores for the school but without being in the classroom where every child's privacy is respected and protected. This is rare in most schools but certainly not odd - it is appreciated by most parents who do not want nonteachers to sit in children's classrooms as they are learning.

Posted March 19, 2009

I like this school, but they are very hard to reach when you have a problem. They also discourage parental involvement and volunteering, which seems a bit strange. However, they are very academically sound and I have no complaints there. Just on the poor communication.

Posted November 12, 2008

My son attends the V-PK program, and he loves it. When he is sick and we have to keep him home he gets sad because he will 'miss all of the fun.' If he is asked if he missed us while he was at school, his answer is always a firm 'No.' Thanks to Hartridge's V-PK a positive educational foundation has been laid for my son.

Posted September 9, 2008

I am honour to have my child attend hartridge academy the kids are well behave and the teachers are friendly ,loveing and kind it is a blessing.

Posted January 9, 2008

the best school my son had ever attended. He made friends for a lifetime there

Posted May 4, 2007

The academic programs here are wonderful my son is above level in everything and is constantly challeged but never beyond his level. They learn Spanish, have computer class and PE. I can confidently say that this the best school in Polk County. We love you Mrs. Schmidt!

Posted February 11, 2007

My little brother goes to this school and he is in kindergarten. Everyday when he comes home he tells us what he learned and what he did. I believe that this school has improved his social skills as well. He use to be really shy but now he is more outspoken.

Posted August 26, 2005

My child is above average in reading as well as other areas, at other schools she was told not to raise her hand to answer questions because she always knew the answer. They more or less put her in a corner. At Hartridge they let her excell at her own pace and really challange her to do better. The staff at this school is so wonderful, they really care about my child's education. I can't say enough about this school, it is great! I am so thankful that I am able to put my child in this school. Thank you Mrs. Debbie!

Posted August 23, 2005

Students first is obvious at this school. While others seem more concerned about scoring the highest as a school, this school reaches out to the lowest performers and brings them up to their potential. Learning gains are extremely impressive as are their reasulting scores becuase each child us learning.

Posted June 14, 2003

my child attended hartridge school for the first time this past school year. my child was rated below average in the area of reading at the previous school. i met with hartridge staff prior to enrolling my child, they listened to my concerns, informed me as to how the staff could help my child. one of my main concerns were that my child was 'lost' and 'only a number' at the previous school. i cannot express how the hartridge staff has helped my child, she is now an above average reader and her confidence level has improved as well. i am gratful to the hartridge staff for caring about my child and her education. thank you!

Posted May 5, 2003

I waited 3 years to get my child in this school. It was well worth the wait. I have never seen a more involved shool staff, and concern for the children as they have at hartridge. I feel it is the best school in Polk County. I was told my child was below average FCAT scores in the public school system, in 18 weeks into Hartridge he took the FCAT and passed! If that dosen't tell you just how dedicated the staff is I don't know what does! Thank you Mrs. Debra.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

34 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

34 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

16 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • This school did not receive a grade in 2010-2011.
  • This school did not receive a grade in 2009-2010.
  • This school did not receive a grade in 2008-2009.

Ethnicity This school

• MRS. DEBRA RICHARDS
Fax number
  • (863) 956-3267

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1400 U.S. 92