Posted July 30, 2014
My second child will now start Kindergarten at Hartridge Academy in the Fall. She is so excited. She attended Pre-K there and now will go back. My oldest now in junior high went there from 2nd through 5th grade. And she is so advanced in her school work and test scores. Its a small school that I would call One of Polk County's best gems!!

Posted December 15, 2013
Hartridge Academy is a small, unassuming school that, if you didn't know to look for it, you might just miss it. Each one of my granddaughter' s teachers have been superb. She is being challenged and her abilities continue to improve due to the excellent curriculum. The administration is efficient and they are a pleasure to deal with. The school's test scores show the commitment of the entire program.

Posted December 13, 2013
Hartridge Academy is truly the best academic and family friendly school in Polk County. Both children have attended this school from pre-k one is in college preparing for a medical degree and the other is in the second grade. I couldn't be prouder in what this school has helped mold these two into great human beings.

Posted December 05, 2012
My daughter has attended the school since PreK and is now in 3rd grade. We love the school and are very thankful that she has the opportunity to be there. Ms. Debra(the principle) is great at answering my questionsand never has a problem when I call for information or send a note asking for information. As far as communication through the agenda, it's not the best. Parents are aware of homework and have school schedules but sometimes my daughter does a activity and I don't hear about it until the day of or after. But, sometimes parents have to put in the extra effort. It's hard when you work full-time but you cannot expect your child to remember everything or do everything without you checking on things. Not at this age, anyway. Teach them responsibility but also lay out the example for them. Don't just make them do their homework, check their homework to see where they are lacking. It's not all up to our teachers, though they play a big role. It takes a village to raise a child. Hartridge Academy is an amazing school with a principle, staff and teachers who really care.

Posted June 18, 2010
Parents select this school and sign a contract that requires them to particpate actively in their own child's education. Weekly one on one time is scheduled so every parent is guaranteed communication in private and welcomed in the school. Unfortunately there will always be some parents who think the only way to be involved in their own child's education is to be in the room while other children are having class. Sincere desires to help take place everyday at Hartridge. If all schools made weekly private time for each student and respected other children's privacy, schools everywhere would get the results Hartridge gets.

Hartridge Academy 2

Posted May 25, 2010
I would have to agree with the parent regarding poor communication there. I'm always writing something in my child's agenda asking different questions and most of the time I'm not getting a reponse just sometimes. As for parental involvement, there ISN'T any there and that's very discouraging. You would think all schools would be happy that a parent would want to be so involved in their child's activities. In my heart, I don't feel that they are on top of things like they should be. As for my child he/she is not happy going there anymore and what hurts is that he/she loves to learn.

Hartridge Academy 0

Posted May 10, 2010
My son has learned so much since he's been to this school he has asthma and on his sick days he's begging me to let him attend school. The teachers and staff are outstanding he loves his teacher mrs meyers. I highly recommend hartridge academy.

Posted May 02, 2010
My daughter has learned so much in so little time since beginning last summer with Hartridge Academies VPK program First Academy and continuing with Kindergarten at Hartridge. The teachers and staff are all outstanding and highly recommended by myself for anyone looking for the best education experience for their children. The classes are small so more attention is given individually to each student and free tutoring once a week applicable to your schedule. I wish I had this opportunity when I was a child.

Posted April 28, 2010
In preschool at Hartridge Academy my son learned to read! Great school!

Hartridge Academy 0

Posted June 09, 2009
My son went to Hartridge from Pre-K to 5th grade. It was such a wonderful experience for him. He is in 6th grade now and still misses his old teacher Mrs. Perez! Mrs. Perez, you are an amazing teacher! Keep doing what you are doing!! I would recommend this school to any of my friends and family members.

Hartridge Academy
1400 U.S. 92, Winter Haven, FL  33881
Last modified Hartridge Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hartridge Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top