Winter Park, FL
Before care: Yes

Killarney Elementary School 1

Posted September 28, 2014
Teachers at this school are getting more and more negative each day. They want things their way and don't want to follow administration guidelines. Time to start thinking about the kids teachers! After all - isn't that supposed to be the reason you teach? Our kids are suffering. If you're bot happy go elsewhere!!!

Killarney Elementary School 4

Posted February 24, 2014
Our family has been happy with this school. No major issues or complaints. Teachers are hit or miss, with some really excellent teachers and some not so much. There are different activities for the kids to be involved with and a couple of family events during the school year.

Posted January 22, 2014
This is my son's very !st school environment and it is wonderful. He has a few little "quirks" about food and whatnot, and they have helped and adjusted to him. His teacher is wonderful and can handle him very well (better then us :-) ). He was already reading and doing other subjects when he started but has learned so much more already. It has been great for his social ability. The principal is involved, knows the children, and is out to greet the children and parents every morning, rain or shine! I thank everyone at Killarney and would recommend it to every parent.

Posted December 07, 2013
my school is killarney . I have had nothing but excellence since mrs slaughter has taken over. I have a handicapped child that attends there. I fought for 2 years with Mrs foster for him to get help. she did absolutely nothing. Mrs Slaughter was there only three weeks and had the deaf and hard of hearing program there and also his speech therapist. I have had nothing but good things happen since she arrived. My children love her. She is the most caring loving person I have ever had the pleasure to meet. She is very fair and honest. I wish that more administrative personnel where like her

Killarney Elementary School 1

Posted October 31, 2013
There are several good teacher but the principal is horrible and rules by fear. Unfortunately, when the top doesn't care or allow others to do there job....it tricks on down. It was a great school before she got here!

Posted October 23, 2013
No communication is the major problem with this school. I am never told anything in a timely manner, case and point they sent a letter home for Girl Scouts a week late. I wish there was a school closer that I could take my daughter to.

Posted April 27, 2008

Posted July 26, 2007

Killarney Elementary School 0

Posted June 29, 2007
Killarney Elementary has really started to excel over the past two years. Mr. Green and Ms. Foster have brought new life to the school. There New Renaissance Program has encouraged students to work really hard. My child is so proud when he finds out that he has made Renaissance!! I hear students talk about it all the time! What a great way to reward students for their hard work. It's about time we had administration that puts kids first! Keep up the great work Mr. Green and Ms. Foster!!

Posted May 24, 2007
The quality of the teachers (with some exceptions) and administrators have been in constant decline over the last five years. Two great principals left and now Killarney is stuck with a dud. We are looking for another option for our younger son now that our oldest has graduated.

Killarney Elementary School
2401 Wellington Boulevard, Winter Park, FL  32789
Last modified Killarney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Killarney Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top