444 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
I have a hearing impaired child who has really made great progress this year thanks to mrs silverman

Posted May 03, 2016
We are new to Killarney and were concerned when looking at the ratings. We have been pleasantly surprised by the teachers, Administration and staff. There is a common sense that the education of these kids is of the utmost importance. There is an open door policy with administration on questions, concerns, etc. We are very pleased and look forward to more years here

Posted February 03, 2016
Excellent school. Principal Steinke has done a wonderful job improving the quality of Killarney. I have three children at Killarney on different learning spectrums and I must say that the faculty and staff work diligently to help them grow academically as well as socially. Several families really wanted extracurricular activities offered onsite and that was introduced this year. The teachers and faculty came together to offer programs both before and afterschool and no additional cost to the families. Killarney is a real community, we work well together for the better of all students and families.

Killarney Elementary School 1

Posted September 28, 2014
Teachers at this school are getting more and more negative each day. They want things their way and don't want to follow administration guidelines. Time to start thinking about the kids teachers! After all - isn't that supposed to be the reason you teach? Our kids are suffering. If you're bot happy go elsewhere!!!

Killarney Elementary School 4

Posted February 24, 2014
Our family has been happy with this school. No major issues or complaints. Teachers are hit or miss, with some really excellent teachers and some not so much. There are different activities for the kids to be involved with and a couple of family events during the school year.

Posted January 22, 2014
This is my son's very !st school environment and it is wonderful. He has a few little "quirks" about food and whatnot, and they have helped and adjusted to him. His teacher is wonderful and can handle him very well (better then us :-) ). He was already reading and doing other subjects when he started but has learned so much more already. It has been great for his social ability. The principal is involved, knows the children, and is out to greet the children and parents every morning, rain or shine! I thank everyone at Killarney and would recommend it to every parent.

Posted December 07, 2013
my school is killarney . I have had nothing but excellence since mrs slaughter has taken over. I have a handicapped child that attends there. I fought for 2 years with Mrs foster for him to get help. she did absolutely nothing. Mrs Slaughter was there only three weeks and had the deaf and hard of hearing program there and also his speech therapist. I have had nothing but good things happen since she arrived. My children love her. She is the most caring loving person I have ever had the pleasure to meet. She is very fair and honest. I wish that more administrative personnel where like her

Killarney Elementary School 1

Posted October 31, 2013
There are several good teacher but the principal is horrible and rules by fear. Unfortunately, when the top doesn't care or allow others to do there job....it tricks on down. It was a great school before she got here!

Killarney Elementary School 2

Posted October 23, 2013
No communication is the major problem with this school. I am never told anything in a timely manner, case and point they sent a letter home for Girl Scouts a week late. I wish there was a school closer that I could take my daughter to.

Posted June 29, 2007
Killarney Elementary has really started to excel over the past two years. Mr. Green and Ms. Foster have brought new life to the school. There New Renaissance Program has encouraged students to work really hard. My child is so proud when he finds out that he has made Renaissance!! I hear students talk about it all the time! What a great way to reward students for their hard work. It's about time we had administration that puts kids first! Keep up the great work Mr. Green and Ms. Foster!!

2401 Wellington Boulevard, Winter Park, FL  32789
Last modified Killarney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.