Eastbrook Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 786 students

Posted August 4, 2014

I find front desk staffs bsolutely rude and down right mean. If this is how they treat me as a parent considering putting my child into this school - I am extremely concern about how they treat the kids there.

Posted June 16, 2014

My kids and myself love this school this school academy level is super gd the teachers r wonderfull and all the staff just ignore the discrimination from the two blonde ladies at the front office and thats it after that everybody is wonderful.

Posted June 11, 2014

I do not recommend this school. Education at a low level.The school unfriendly atmosphere.My child is happy to get away from this school.

Posted February 18, 2014

We moved to the area temporarily until I found a house closer to my job. But after about 3 weeks, I fell IN LOVE with the school. The school administrators were friendly and helpful. His teacher, Ms. Beveridge goes over and above the call of duty and uses very creative strategies in the classroom. They even have a daily "Just Dance" activity in the morning so all of the students are dancing to choreographed movements in unison. The parents are very involved and have a great turnout for PTA events. It has been the best experience we've ever had at a school so I ended up moving nearby just so my son can attend this school.

Posted October 3, 2013

My son is in the first grade and he loves this school. We left this scjool because of family issues but this is the best school so far my son has done great in. The teachers are great. They really cate for their students and the really take the time to make sure they are doing great. I am really going to miss this school. Also PTA is great. First one I have joined and they are awsome.

Posted April 22, 2013

This is an older school with wonderful, attentive teachers. We miss it so much! We are planning to move back to the area this summer and hoping to find housing close by so that my 4th grader can finish up with 5th grade at Eastbrook. We have relocated several times over the years and Eastbrook has been my kids' favorite school, hands down!

Posted June 5, 2012

Mrs. Battle is such an amazing teacher, one of the best that Eastbrook has. She goes above and beyond to ensure that her students are learning. I love this teacher!!!

Posted July 19, 2010

Awesome school! Any issues I've ever had have been heard and dealt with immediately. They love the kids!

Posted May 25, 2010

My daughter is just finishing kindergarten at Eastbrook, and my first experience with this school has been a fantastic one! Mrs. Hill is an amazing teacher, and her nurturing and attention to my daughter (despite having 18 kids and no asst.) have been the best. I hope our new principal next year continues to promote parents/teachers/kids working together to make Eastbrook a great school!

Posted April 29, 2010

Eastbrook is a very involved school with their students and the staff. I have a special needs child that attends there and I am sad that this is our last year there. The teachers are very caring and concerned for the students and the staff is great also.

Posted April 21, 2010

I think all of the teachers here really care about each student, individually. I have never seen a better group of teachers at any school.

Posted November 2, 2009

I went to Eastbrook as a child, and now my son does. Everyone, from the teachers, principal, and supporting staff always have a great attitude and really help the children feel great about learning. They really try to get the best out of each and every child there!!

Posted August 14, 2008

We love Eastbrook they have fabulous teachers and and all around great approach to education.

Posted August 31, 2007

All of my dealings with Eastbrook staff have been positive and professional. The 9 teachers that my children have had have all been superior!

Posted July 2, 2007

RE: safty. I, as a grandparent. went to pick up one of my grandchildren and was a little later then expected. When I went to the office I was told that the children were already dismissed to the car rider pick up ramp. I was instructed to 'just go out and let the teacher know that I was picking up so and so.' When I found my granddaughter, there was no teacher around and I was able to 'just take her with me'. I found that very disturbing as my granddaughter was in kidergarden and could easily have gone off with anyone! Overall, I have found that the school and faculity is very professional and interested in the children!!

Posted June 29, 2007

Overall the teachers are great! The curriculum is not very creative, everything is pretty much done through workbooks and text books. They appear to lack the resources for any hands on learning. The addministraion has also not proved to be very impresive. The school always appears clean and safe, and the student body seems to be well under control. Although there are some important areas that could use some improvement, the scool is preety good.

Posted June 29, 2007

When addressing a concern to the principle she responded by saying 'Mam this is a public school'. However there is other faculty that is more helpfull. The teachers we have had were great. When selecting a school just remember that the intrest and values of the other families in the area can be important.

Posted April 15, 2007

I am very happy with the education my children are receiving here. The faculty and teachers are great - accessible and eager to speak with you regarding any questions you may have. Special kudos to Ms. Williams (G1) and Ms. Leak (G3) - two teachers who are doing a fantastic job and really care about their students. Academically, my children are excelling here (one of them is in the gifted program). They are both receiving straight As and reading well above grade level. Although the school could use a bit more in the area of extracurricular activities, academically they hit the mark; and personally, I'd rather have a school that is a bit lacking in the extracurricular area than one with a great sports program that produces students that can't read or write. In summary, Eastbrook has A+ teachers - that care about your child's education as much as you do.

Posted July 18, 2006

Contrary to what I have read, ufortunately my experience at the school has not been good at all. Is is my zoned school area, I have no choice it seems but to send my child there. Honestly it has not all been bad at the school at all, but the principal, faculty, and staff are in fact nice and involved and sweet if things are done and abided to by the parents involved, should you not agree with one of them, or think there decision is not best or right on something, you will get a very different principal, assitant principal, and teacher or at least my childs teacher in this particular case, and faculty will also let you know they know your name well. Since my child will go there again this year, I will leave it at this.

Posted May 10, 2006

My kids had a great first year here (1st and 5th). The teachers worked at motivating my kids, and we especially like the Talent Development program. The administration is friendly and helpful. They have an extra chorus and art program for the older children(in addition to art and music taught during class time), but it would be better if they were offered in the afternoon instead of before school. The principal and assistant principal are both personable and very involved.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

120 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

120 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

124 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

124 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

121 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

118 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

119 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

119 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

121 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

5525 Tangerine Avenue