PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Our family has attended not only PHA, but two other prestigious and well established private elementary schools in both Maitland (K4-6) and Orlando (K4-12). While PHA was too small in size for our family in the older grades, I can say without hesitation that PHA has the best preschool and prekindergarten program in the area. It was worth every penny. The teachers are fantastic, the administration is engaged, accountable and fair. The facilities are clean, bright and updated. The curriculum is challenging, progressive, but not overwhelming in workload. PHA is a great investment in your child's early education.

This school is so wonderful, I want to kiss every teacher and administrator every time I'm there. The children at this school are happy, healthy, nurturing, and learning at a very high level. There is true and very real diversity - ethnically, socio-economically, and in learning styles. The families are all kind and friendly. The administrators are deeply engaged with their student body. The teachers teach terrific material using the best of modern educational science. They teach in a way that the information is really going to stick rather than being regurgitated for a test. They use different modalities depending on the material and the students. The children feel loved and cared for by their teachers in a very real way. There is room for mistakes - academic or social - and chances to grow from them. True to the modern understandings of the educational needs of children, the children are given appropriate opportunities for rest and unstructured play. The school lives its mission every day. Children leave this wonderful school with a fantastic education, a happy disposition, and a well-developed character. I could not recommend this school more highly.

This is truly a 5-start school. They know and love each and every child. The environment is so positive and the teachers are amazing. My daughter is in Ms. Sullivan's pre-k class, she loves the class and we love the teachers. The kids are actually learning a grade level ahead and prospering. Thanks for being a GREAT school!

I love PHA!! So does my daughter. Yes, it may be a little smaller than some of the other private schools in the area, but that just means the teachers and staff truly know my daughter. They really do care!! What a wonderful feeling to drop off my daughter in a caring environment where she is provided with a top notch academic curriculum. AND the open-door policy is awesome. I never feel like I am bothering anyone when I want to stop in to have lunch with my daughter. She also has a great group of friends and there is plenty of opportunities for social activities! Thanks PHA!!

Our son just started in the lower division at PHA, and all I can say is WOW. The communication between the administration, teachers and parents is exceptional, and in just a few short weeks, we have seen positive improvements in our son's communication and comprehension skills. He can't wait to get up in the morning and put on his PHA uniform. The other day, he was ready and wanting to leave for school at 6:30 a.m.! That never happened when he was in daycare. If your child is in need of a caring, structured, academic setting, this is IT!.

You will not find a more loving, caring or educational environment for your child anywhere. The administration and teachers GET IT! They teach and care for their students at such a high level. This school is AMAZING!

The Parke House is an amazing place for children. Although the curriculum is advanced, the teachers work with individual children in a loving way! When my son entered 2nd grade, coming from another school, he was behind in reading. I was so impressed with all his teachers who worked with him to build his confidence and improve his skills! Top notch place for a great education and as a parent I also feel welcome.

As a parent to a current student at Parke House I have to side with the parent who gave it TWO-STARS for the Kindergarten level of the school. The faculty at this level, particularly the teacher that this parent referred to, is subpar. There is a noticeable level of fakeness that goes with their character. It is transparent and unfortunate. I am fortunate that my child is past this grade and doing exceptional where they are now. In fact, the faculty from 1st grade and up are very caring and qualified. They are great at what they do. I am content and blessed not having to deal with the obvious inadequacies of Kindergarten. It is a true misfortune for those parents that have to deal with where Parke House obviously lacks. Just because you re qualified for a job doesn t mean you re good at it.

As a parent of two children at Parke House, I have been more than pleased with the overall academic environment at the school. The children are challenged while also being nurtured. The teachers are always available and willing to answer questions about teaching methodology and curriculum. There has never been teaching to any test (in Lower or Upper Division - unlike the FCAT in the public school system) and foundational skills are emphasized. The kindergarten team, the Lower Division teachers, as well as all the teachers, staff, and administration at Parke House Academy make the academic, social, and emotional growth and development of each child a priority. I feel extremely fortunate to have found such a warm, nurturing, and academically sound school for my children.

As a parent of a Kindergarten child also, reading the last response came as a surprise. I understand there are diverse learning styles and levels in every class. The Kindergarten team in particular and Parke House as a whole, has been more than accommodating and sensitive to the individual needs of each student. I've been a parent at this school for three years now and my child has blossomed under the guidance and love of phenomenal teachers!

Last modified The Parke House Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-6