Indian Trails Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 1049 students

Posted April 7, 2014

My daughter loves ITMS. She was in a private school for the past 10 years so we were nervous coming in. ITMS has exceeded our expectations! The teachers are engaged and dedicated especially Mrs Moore!

Posted August 22, 2013

My daughter loves Indian Trails so far. We didn't know what to expect coming from charter school, but we were pleasantly surprised. The teachers seem very good. My daughter has enjoyed the first 2 weeks!

Posted August 3, 2013

The teachers are sarcastic and don't really take an interest in students! I wouldn't recommend enrolling your children to ITMS.

Posted July 22, 2013

I really like ITMS! All of the teachers are friendly, except Mr.Lister. The only problem is most of the eight graders they use inappropriate language Well they're just immature, and if you're coming here from elementary school you'll get used to it right away, no need to stress :3 Oh yeah go into band everyone! Mrs.McIntyre IS AWESOME!

Posted April 29, 2013

I was really scared about my daughter attending ITMS because I had heard bad things about this school, but I have not had any problems with her or any other children at the school. The only thing I would advise parents is to put their children in the advance classes and enroll them in as many activities to keep them busy.

Posted July 18, 2011

We just moved into the area 1 year ago. The kids attended Indian Trails Middle with hope and fear of the unknown. For the most part, the teachers were wonderful and supportive. I received great feedback from individual teachers and staff members whenever there was a concern. The kids have made some friends and seem happy at their new school. I cannot thank the Indian Trails teachers and staff enough for making this a positive transition for my kids.

Posted July 14, 2011

I went to this school a few years ago, and had a horrible time during the three years I was there. My brother was in the gifted program, as was I during my two later years, and he had such a horrible time with rude and arrogant teachers that he asked my parents to be switched out within the first few weeks of school. The staff doesn't respect students for the most part and act very sarcastically, even when respected and greeted kindly. I was in band, and that was one of the only good parts about the entire school.

Posted May 12, 2010

It is a great school. There are many choices for classes and the teachers are interested in their students and help them be the best they can be. It is very organized for the amount of students that are enrolled. My kids love going to school there.

Posted December 13, 2009

I have had two children in ITMS , one of which was there in 2006-07 and one currently attending. Since new administration came on board last year, the difference is like night and day. It is a wonderful school, expectations held high in both academics and discipline.

Posted August 2, 2009

I went to Indian Trails for 6th and 7th grade but then I had to move. Indian Trails ws the best school I have ever been to in my life. The teachers are nice but just like any other school there are a few mean ones too, but only a couple. They have many, many choices for electives, unlike the school I will be attending which only has about 3. The education you will recieve is great I was in all advanced classes but it was great, we learned lots of great and useful information but it was never boring. I will miss Indian Trails and all of my friends so much!!!

Posted May 25, 2009

This school seems to lack organization. They messed up my son's class and bus schedule; and didn't tell me about it until a week later. And to top it all off, it takes them a week to return phone calls. Why?

Posted October 28, 2008

Ahmazing. This school is the greatest. The academics are great, the arts are great, AND the band program is out of this world. WE LOVE YOU MRS. MCINTYRE!! (She inspired me to strive to become a band director. :))

Posted December 20, 2007

The best school my son ever went to! over all they have it all; best teachers, best parent participation. A welcoming and warm environment

Posted October 20, 2007

I am a student at Indian Trails middle school and this is my 3rd year. I am in the quest program (gifted) and must say, this is a great school. The disciplinary office is top-notch, the dean is perfect and the teachers are good. Unfortunately, the bath rooms are mess! Dirty with graffiti on all the walls and the janitors are not the best. The principal fares average, rarely seen or heard. Still, the quality of education you receive here is good, just as long as you know what teachers to choose. Therefore, I give this a five because it is rated by the state of Florida an 'A+' school. I also give it a five because the teachers are funny and the quest classes actually look and act like gifted classes. This is the school of choice if you live in winter springs.

Posted October 12, 2007

Good teachers - School is unkept, and seems to have a problem with students items cont. being stolen from lockers. My older son went to same school (7 yrs ago) and they had same issue then.

Posted July 11, 2007

When I was in the eighth grade, I was enrolled into I.T.M.S., but I was ever so sorry I did. First, the students were so loud and rough. School rules were being violated on a daily basis. Also, the lockers had to be removed. There was a lot of graffiti with bad language in the bathroom stalls. There were fights in the courtyard. I couldn't get along with anybody there my own age. I was talking with adults when I wanted to socialize a little bit. I don't remember doing this at any other school. The teachers taught in a very dry manner and the extracurricular activities were bad. It was a very boring place that I don't recommend to other students.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted December 22, 2006

I have two children one of whom attends I.T.M.S. currently and another who has graduated. The teachers there are so uninspiring.

Posted November 11, 2006

Two of our 4 children are 'gifted'. We now only have our youngest still there. School leadership is extremely lacking. We pulled both our gifted children completely out of the Quest (gifted)program. The teacher our youngest now has is infinitely more qualified and my child actually likes math now.

Posted May 7, 2006

This is our third year at Indian Trails. I find the principal weak. Many mediocre teachers are teaching higher levels subjects and turning off our students. Bathrooms are without T.P. and soap! Lack of spirit boosting social activities.

Posted November 17, 2005

Indian Trails has an excellent gifted (Quest) program. Qualified and concerned teachers, who are interested in student success. Parents are very involved.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

342 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

342 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

347 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

347 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

335 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

337 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

332 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

332 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

381 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

205 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

n/a
Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

n/a

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Staff resources available to students