Winter Springs, FL

Rainbow Elementary School 4

Posted April 07, 2015
We moved to the area almost 2 years ago, knowing Seminole County Schools hadgreat ratings, we knew it was a good school. Moving our children from the only home they had ever known, the transition was difficult at best! But, to our delight, all 3 of our boys loved Rainbow Elementary right away! They all said the curicullum was much more challenging, which was great for them, they really enjoyed being challenged!! It was, of course, a lot to adjust to, but the staff at Rainbow made them feel welcome as did the children!! They do still miss Ohio from time to time, but they LOVE their new school thank goodness!!

Rainbow Elementary School 4

Posted November 19, 2014
We are very pleased with Rainbow this year. We left our previous school due to the poor social climate and overly strict environment and now our child is so much happier and enjoys going to school every day. My child's teacher is just wonderful , and it's a very well run school with an excellent PTA with many involved parents and lots of fun, educational activities for the kids to break up the days. They have a Super Science program where parents can volunteer and guest speakers at the school which we never saw at our previous school. The only thing I"ve noticed is that they are lacking a foreign language and there are not many athletic clubs for the kids. (Only running) Other than that, it's been a great first semester at Rainbow.

Rainbow Elementary School 2

Posted August 11, 2014
My son will normally be picked up by a daycare van, so thats the info i gave them. However being the first day of kindergarten i wanted to make sure i would drop him off and pick him up.. His teacher asked us parents to fill out a paper saying how they would go home the 1st day, she make sure to let us know that only applied for the first day...i put CAR RIDER,. Well i get there at 2:45pm, line was terrible! 50 mnts later i finally get to pick him up at 3:45, just for them to tell me he wasnt there, SERIOUSLY!!! They sent him in the daycare van because thats what i wrote, so i explained to the teacher what my sons teacher told me, so she said " well can u just move forward with the line, park and call the daycare TO MAKE SURE THEY HAVE HIM" WOW!!! My son 5yrs old, first day of school and he was sent in a van and with people he never seen before! Where is the safety of my son? Extremely upset how they handled the situation. She didnt even care to stay by me a few mnts to make sure he was with the right ppl, Wonder if i ever decide to go pick him up and let them know, i will have the same problem. Gave them 2 starts because at least they got the right van.VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!

Posted June 02, 2014
It was our first year at Rainbow Elementary. Our daughter went to a private school for Pre-K and Kindergarten and was above level when she started 1st grade at Rainbow. Our fear was that she wont be challenged and will be easily bored. However she got an amazing teacher who continued to push her and keep her challenged. As parents, we continued to challenge her at home as well. We have been very happy with Rainbow this year. Her teacher was amazing and the administration is great as well. I just wish there was more extra curricular activities offered.

Posted June 02, 2014
We love this school. The teachers we have had so far has been amazing. Great PTA and also administration. Just hoping they become an A grade school again. I agree with previous reviewer about having more extra curricular. They started a running club last year which was very successful.

Rainbow Elementary School 1

Posted April 10, 2014
Honestly, it makes my stomach turn to see all the positive reviews here for this school. It's awesome if your kid is a straight 'A' student, if you are unlucky enough to have an 'average' kid, expect to be treated like an insect. I can accept that parents have a responsibility in their children's education, the attitude at this school seems to be the parents are the ONLY ones responsible for this, and their job is just to give the tests.
4 people found this helpful

Rainbow Elementary School 1

Posted December 28, 2013
This school is absolutely horrible. Both of my children were bullied by other kids every day, and the food is absolutely horrible, which I am not joking about. Some of the teachers there are quite nice, but none of them stopped other kids from bullying my children. I have half a mind to sue this school. If you love your children, do not go here.
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 29, 2013
I love this school! I had two daughters go to rainbow and one is in the IB Program in highschool and the other is been taken AP/Honor courses in middle school. Rainbow challenge the kids to do a grade higher in course work and doesn't just focus on FCAT. My son is in the first grade and is on the same path as the girls and absolutely loves his teacher. Rainbow is by far the best school in the area and for kids who want to be challenged. I'm one of several parents that supports the school by volunteering for the reading sesson and super science. I HIGHLY recommend this school to any parent.

Posted October 28, 2013
I do agree with some other reviewers that there are a few things I would like to see improved. **However, my daughter is being challenged daily, has teachers that care about her, and absolutely loves every minute of school from the time she steps on the bus to the moment she gets off. That speaks for itself.

Rainbow Elementary School 2

Posted January 25, 2013
Unfriendly teachers and front office staff. Music teacher talks to students horrible. So happy this is my daughter's last year and this school.
2 people found this helpful

Rainbow Elementary School
1412 Rainbow Trail, Winter Springs, FL  32708
Last modified Rainbow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rainbow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top