689 students|Seminole

Bad
Good

I moved into this very small zoning area just to go to Keeth. My daughter is now in 2nd grade, and my experience has been nothing but wonderful. Any negative reviews about this school are likely a situational circumstance that you didn't allow them to correct. No place is perfect, but Keeth is close. Mrs. Hadden, Mr Halerz, Mr Gaffney, they are all amazing and truly show they care for your child. Communication is amazing as well. If I have a question, all I have to do is call or shoot an email. The new front desk lady is also very nice and helpful. She makes entering the bldg. delightful and not a burden for her. I say keep up the good work, and let stop worrying about who has money and who doesn't. Rich kids are as bad a poor kids in any school. I say focus on the parenting and not the income.

We have had a phenomenal experience at this school. The school welcomes and even suggests parental involvement which is a great indication that the school is interested in meeting the standards of parents. I truly believe the majority of teachers care about the students and put them in position to succeed; this is definitely the case with the principal, Mr. Gaffney. There are some things that could use improvement, as with all schools like implementing longer recess - unfortunately it is my understanding that this is the case for most schools With that said I can honestly say I would not choose another school if given the choice. We have been more than happy and feel very lucky that we ended up at Keeth. Most importantly my child has had nothing less than a good experience and is truly happy going to school.

Academically it's a good school but they're constantly begging for money! It's in an upscale area so all of the rich and snooty parents can give tons of dough and leave the rest of us alone. You'll see plenty of Lexus and BMWs in the car line! Parents are cliquish and if you're not in their clique your kid won't get invited to parties. My daughter is constantly excluded. For being in an upscale area, almost 50% of students are on free lunch. Behavior standards are too high for kindergarten, teachers are like drill sergeants, taking away recess because one kid misbehaves. I don't recommend this school.

It's been better. The newer teachers are an asset and improving the teacher value .

We moved so that our children could attend Keeth. The teachers care and it shows in how they teach and the time they spend with students and parents. The principal knows the student's and parent's names and is VERY involved with the school. They have movie nights at the school, book readings, and plenty of other after hours activities (that the principal and teachers attend). Of course, there are some "bad" students, you will never find a school without a couple. The staff does the best that they can to try to work with those students and help them improve. We were very involved parents at our children's last school and are involved at Keeth; the difference between the schools is night and day. You won't be disappointed if your children attend school at Keeth, it's more than a school, it's a family.

Keeth Elementary has proved to be a wonderful school. My oldest has learning disabilities which wasn't caught until 3rd grade by a 1st year teacher who I will never forget! As with any school, I think parent involvement is the key to success! Keeth has great leadership and accepts/encourages parental involvement and frankly the more involved you are the better quality education your child receives. Out of the 5 years my oldest has been to this school and the 4 years my youngest has attended, I only have had 2 regrets with teachers. Both teachers were older and did not accept or understand learning disabilites or ADHD. After these experiences, I now immediately change or threaten to change teachers if I feel my child's needs are not being met or learning styles accommodated. Again....boils down to PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT regardless of school you are zoned for. Parents must be involved and a good teacher which Keeth is loaded with will both respect and encourage this!

In what is now my child's third year at Keeth, we remain thoroughly impressed by the quality of the education. The faculty and staff are outstanding and demonstrate daily enthusiasm and commitment to their job of providing a great learning environment for the kids. This is a Great School!

The facts are: Keeth just received its 10th straight A ranking. There is some diversity in the school attendance zone, which has proven to be a good thing. Keeth has probably the most active parents in the school district, with an outstanding PTA to augment its exceptional faculty and staff. Enrollment has been to steady to growing since the last district rezoning with increases beginning now as a result of new home construction in process in the Winter Springs Town Center and Tuskawilla areas. This is an outstanding school by any measure.

Check the zoning for this school. Alot of kids come from other areas because it is a small school and they are trying to beef up enrollment. It was almost going to be closed down for low numbers. Don't assume it is an upper economic school just because it is in the Tuskawilla area. We have run into some riff raff, shady families and their kids are even worse. The teachers are great, there is no denying that.

Correction to the previous posting: True Keeth did very well on 2011 FCAT writes for 4th grade, but not the highest in Seminole county as stated in that post. Check the official fcat.fldoe data online. Two elementary schools in the county scored higher passing percentages and 3 others scored the same as Keeth. Can't really say "#1 in the county". Love seeing the love for Keeth, but let's quote actual facts, which are quite good on their own.

Last modified Keeth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.