Winter Springs, FL

Posted November 16, 2012
Bridges Academy is a savior for the kids that fall in the cracks of pubic school. The kids at this school learn in a different way. Once Bridges is able to fine that unique way they learn. It is wonderful to watch them their academics raises, self esteem go up and their smiles come back!! The staff and teachers are amazing!!! It is a place that feels like family and their main focus is the kids. Bridges want to fill the gaps and be able to Bridge them back into another school ONLY when they are ready. Bridges Academy is certified so the kids can even graduate from High School if that is the best track for them. This school does have a strong and loving leadership, excellent and caring teachers, and front office staff always answers the phone and helpful. This a small school that is a hidden treasure. The thing that I love to see is that the kids/students are HAPPY and smiling. Say good bye to stress and say hello to success.

Posted November 16, 2012
This is our first year at Bridges and I am amazed at the dedication of the teachers and administration. This school focuses on the individual student and teaches to their learning style. I am so happy to have found such a wonderful place for our daughter. She loves going to school and learning in this environment. I wish every student had the opportunity to be part of such a wonderful place.

Posted November 13, 2012
I searched for over a year for a school that would actually help my child with learning disabilities. My child was in public school from preK to 5th grade. We had an amazing experience. Then came middle school. I know I'm not alone when I say that middle school is one of the scariest times for a child with learning disabilities. They are swept under the carpet, they just exist. The awesome teachers at Bridge's have taught my child that it's ok to be yourself. If you work hard, you will be successful at whatever you set your mind too. Great job Bridges! Keep up the great work.

Posted September 20, 2012
This IS a school for Kids with Learning Disabilities, not behavioral issues. The school did as promised got his reading back to on grade and a little above grade level. My child attended one year and I am very grateful that the teachers were able to bring back his confidence and happiness about learning that the public school had destroyed. I would highly recommend this school to a child with LD.

Bridges Academy 1

Posted August 21, 2012
Bad experience with this school.... School for kids with learning disabilities, (Behavioral Problems). They can't deal with a classroom with 7 or 10 kids...

Posted May 20, 2012
believe this school is one of the finest. The instructional methods used, the delivery of the instruction, the staff and administration are all stelllar. I interviewed numerous schools and had my child go through a battery of tests searching for the right placement. I found that Bridges Academy was exactly what I was looking for. The focus is on ability, not disability,teaching and maintaining focus, not behavior modification. My child learns interacts with other children who have similiar learning disabilities in math or reading. I can certainly relate the May 13 posting. As a parent it is our duty to place our child in the best educational setting we can to fit their needs. Why would you want anything less? We need to HONESTLY recognize those needs to find the appropriate placement, if we don't we only have ourselves to blame. My child is thriving at Bridges Academy, both academically,and socially. I will never look back and say I should have, I will look back and say I did.

Bridges Academy 4

Posted May 13, 2012
Parents are responsible for searching out the most suitable programs for their special needs children whether it is in private, public or charter school. All special education facilities will generally offer specific services for a specific type of learning concern or special needs. Having been a parent of a special needs child who participated in several programs in the community, it is the responsibility of the parent to disclose all concerns, weigh out all options for their child's emotional, behavioral, social and academic needs and make an informed choice about what learning environment will best serve their child. Be sure that your child's learning issues best fit the focus and the mission of the therapy center, the tutoring program, or the public, private , or charter school. Sadly, we hear of many parents who are not completely satisfied because their child's learning needs did not match the program, or focus, and then they feel compelled to blame the public school, the teacher, the district, the therapist, or private school as the being at the heart of the issue. Parents- do your homework before you enter a relationship with any therapy center, school or program.

Posted May 13, 2012
My son would have missed graduation and receiving his regular high school diploma had it not been for Bridges Academy! He was struggling in the public school setting and being "passed along". I was so very thankful that the administration and staff took the time to tailor a curriculum to meet his learning needs and keep him on track for graduation, a dream that became a reality. My son was no longer a "number" in the public school setting- he was a student that contributed to his success and to the family environment he had joined at Bridges. Now he is working part-time, driving his car, and learning to handle young adult responsibilities. He was given the support to succeed beyond the classroom! He is becoming the young man he realized he could be- more confident and self- sufficient. I am delighted to say the other referrals we have sent to Bridges Academy have experienced similar success!

Posted January 17, 2009
I have a high school student at Bridges. Very satisfied with the teachers and the environment. They offer an individualized education and teach the student the way that they learn. Fantastic school.

Posted August 18, 2008