839 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Some of the teacherace are really great, but on the down side, a particular teacher is horrible. She constamoly tries to find some thing negative to write about my son she purposely leaves him out of special rewards like giving candy to others in class--neglects to give him any. Also, my son is naturally gifted in math, but she kept sending bad reports home. When I try to communicate with her via the daily planner, she retorts with sassy comments. I contacted the principal. Nothing gets accomplished, except now his report card accurately reflects his aptitude in school subject. Oh, and no he is getting in trouble because "he is not enthusiastic about teaching classmates math when he completes his far in advance". Wow! My son can do no right according to her. He is emotionally distraught. My son lobed school until being in her class. Now he dreads school. Way to go staff...including principal that acts like this conicer is not a major issue. Perhaps the test scores that prove my son is smart should tell you something???

I love that this school is supporting the Leader in Me initiative and learning the 7 Habits. My child is coming home with all kinds of new vocabulary words that promote leadership skills. I am so grateful she has supportive teachers that foster these skills and that the school is encouraging families to be more involved.

I attented this school myself back in 1990...my daughter was recently transferred here due to the fact that this the only campus in our are that offers a gifted program..I have absoloutely no complaints,,,for those saying that faculty has a bad attitude or problem with parents on campus,i dont know what to tell you..i frequently walk my daughter into the school..including waiting outside the classroom with her until the bell rings...I have suprised my daughter numerous times by bringing some lunch to have with her,....no issues..EVER...have also just popped in at random times in the classroom with no problems or no attitude from ANYONE...don;t think it's fair that people are on here giving this school a bad name..and as far as teachers not caring....maybe its time to step up your parenting skills...your child's education shouldnt end when the final bell rings...

I would never recommend this school to anyone. I agree with first person who wrote review about the principle not liking parents on property. also they don't like parents advocating for their kids if their kids have an IEP they want the parents to just sit back and let them do it all meanwhile your child falls through the cracks-not my child! I also agree with the other reviews that there is a very high teacher student ratio.

West Zephyrhills Elementary is the type of school that sets the standard for all the others. The many programs for children, the caring faculty, beautiful facility, and supportive administration make up what every child needs to receive an first class, outstanding education. I am proud to say I work in this school because it puts our students first always.

I have several disabled children. This school has by far outdone any special needs school I am involved in. This school has allowed my disabled child to remain mainstream with any and all accomodations necessary to make it happen. They care beyond any school I've interacted with (and there have been many with 7 children). I am impressed and so happy that I have the privilege to have two of my children in this school. IEP, ESE based instruction is untoppable. Principal and teachers are impeccable. Top of the line!!!!!

West is a great school! This is my daughter's second year and she loves it! Her teacher's have been so kind and loving. It's absolutely amazing to see how she has learned...all because of great teachers and other dedicated staff! Thank you, you're making a difference in the lives of each of the children!

Both of my daughters attend West Zephyrhills and I believe they are receiving an excellent education. They both have great teachers who do care and care how they are doing. Both girls had problems with reading and they each had the opportunity to have help. Mrs. Rood and Miss Buckler are great along with the other teachers of the Dolphin Pod. I just want to say great job to these teachers. Both of my daughters love attending school and I know they will have fond memories.

My daughter has had the same teacher from Kindergarten and now the first grade. I am so grateful that her teacher is so supportive and attentive. I have to tell you the teacher's name because she is so wonderful to and for my child. Her name is Mrs. Rood. She deserves a real pat on the back! My daughter cannot wait to head off to school every morning, and is progressing in her class beautifully. Thank You Mrs. Rood!

Last modified West Zephyrhills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.