975 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

I'm currently a senior at ZHS and still remember going to this school 4-6 years ago. Stewart looks nice(buildings and such), but the administration or guidance sucked. In some cases when bullying accured here they didn't do shit regardless of what they said near the beginning of the school years. Also children at RBSMS were judgmental to the extreme, more than people are at ZHS, but I guess that's are society anyways regardless of where you are or what school you go to. I don't think I like the guidance counselor I had as much for quite a few reasons. She liked me though lol At this school I did enjoy some parts of gym class and ag though.

The school is the worst, they discriminate against the students. My child got in trouble at school because she slap another kid in the face, because he was calling her a b***h, a Spik, and other names. So she told a teacher and they did nothing. And he kepp calling her names so she got tired of it and smacked him. She got 3 days of OSS, and he got none.

My daughter home schooled from 1st grade. We returned her to the public school system in 8th grade. I had heard a lot of bad things about the school, and I was nervous sending her. I actually came home and was sick after I dropped her off the first day. I was told that the school had a total administrative overhaul from the year before. Despite the horror stories I heard, we have actually had a very good school year. We are friends with several families with children that attend here, and it sounds like they have had good experiences as well. To say things are totally perfect would be unrealistic, but the principal, Ms. Davis, is approachable and willing to work with the parents. She seems to really care about the kids. I am happy with the way my daughter is treated by her teachers. I think they are really trying their best to turn things around up there. If I had a wish, it would be that the curriculum was a little more advanced in some classes, but I believe that is a school board choice, not the schools. Overall, unless something drastic happens, we are pretty happy with Raymond B. Stewart Middle School.

I am a parent whose child has gotten a great education at Stewart Middle School. Ms. Vandrburg is tough but I know she cares and holds my child to a higher standard of learning. I know that my daughter will be well prepared for the high school next year.

I am a student at this school in 8th grade and this school does. Suck. I have been getting bullied ever since got here and they have done nothing about it exept making it worse the teachers arnt as bad though they do help a little but not a lot and they give out tons of refferals for nothing and yes the band is great I was in it in 6th but couldent go back cuz of intensive classes wich I shouldn't have been in.

The teacher quality is horrible.. they are just as much a Bully to the kids as other students are and the administration is almost worthless. The teacher have no respect for students or parents at all. This is the worse school i have seen in Florida...

Yes, the BAND is fantastic here BUT... The rest leaves much to be desired. The teacher quality is horrible.. they are just as much a Bully to the kids as other students are and the administration is almost worthless. This is one of the worst principals I have crossed so far. They claim their are programs to help the students grades, they place them in those programs and then do absolutely nothing. If you have the means and choice don't put your child in this school. As for parent involvement the school does not want you there. Now separate from the school the Band teacher is fantastic in every way. Please note the band is not funded by the school, yet that teacher works miracles for the kids.

no wonder this shool has such poor ratings all it seems to be concerned about is band... I will not be sending my son back to this school.

I go to this school and its a great school!!!! I'm not in band but I have heard that the band program is great!!!!!! Most of the teachers are really nice. Well the 6th grade teachers anyway! I don't know about the 7th & 8th grade teachers.........I am going into 7th grade this year! The Persistent Pups teachers are awesome!

Your school is terrible, you allow bullying of students and your staff discriminates against students

Last modified Raymond B. Stewart Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.