931 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Posted August 27, 2014
My children are wondering what happened to the music teacher that had all the computers and keyboards in the classroom. My boys really were learning a lot about history and how to play instruments from him. When good teachers come along at Woodland why can't the school keep them year after year. We are very disappointed about that.

Woodland Elementary School 1

Posted January 09, 2013
If your child cannot make an "R" sound correctly, the scale pasco county uses saying that is fine until age 8. Since "every child is different", sometimes it is okay at Woodland to wait until they are 10. Also, if you ask about speech, they will be sure to give you the amount of students they handle, as to make you "understand" why your kid is being left behind. My daughter has also been physically harmed by other students multiple times. The teacher wouldn't address the issue with me. She would put my child in time out for not sitting, but I watched her sit and look at a child getting hit and do nothing. The classrooms are directly accessible from outside. You are standing on grass or pavement when you open most class doors. Only one row of parking. It was built for when people did not lock their doors, and needs to be updated for safety. They have asbestos problems as well, but we are not to worry because they are sending the governor a plan. If we had a good teacher, no speech problems, and no physically violent kid, I would still dislike it for safety reasons due to building set up. They have portables with a fence, which has a gapping opening that is never closed.

Posted September 01, 2009
We moved from Hillsborough County and I was concerned (having grown up in Pasco County) that the schools here might be a little slower then the schools in Brandon. It is hard to get used to places that close on Sunday or that only take Cash. I called the school on one occassion to report my daughter's absence, and there is no automated system for that, they only ask that you send a note. Seems like not much has changed since I was a kid. :) But I like it that way, and in all honestly, that's why I moved here. My daughter is mildly autistic, and she is wary of change, new places and new people. The Asst. Principal made sure to know her name on the first day of school. That made my daughter feel so important. So far, our experience has been wonderful here.

Posted June 28, 2009
This will be my doughters fourth year at Woodland. The teachers want the parents to be involved in the school. All of the staff cares about the children. I'm very happy with my doughters education.

Woodland Elementary School 4

Posted May 04, 2007
I believe the teachers want the best for their students and try to help them. I have been pleased with the both of my daughters education there. The teachers are always willing to talk with the parents and offer suggestions for help if needed. The parents can be as involved as they choose to be in the school. There are activities for the kids, dances, and rewards thay my children have enjoyed. My oldest daughter will miss Woodland next year as she will move on to the middle school.

Posted December 22, 2005
This school is OK. Their new way classroom style is very disturbing. This makes for much distraction.

Woodland Elementary School 4

Posted November 10, 2005
My son just started there but so far so good.

Posted February 11, 2005
Top notch teaching staff who 'honestly' care about our children. Parental involvement is high as well as outside volunteers.

Woodland Elementary School

Posted May 26, 2004
This school has horible admin. but great teachers. Ms. Post and the Trailblazer team were an excellent help when my daughter (now in 7th) was too bored in her classes. Now my son is in her class, and he is being tutored after school and he is working around his ADHD. Thank you to all the CP teachers who have taught my students! Without you, I doubt my students would be making straight A's today.

Posted March 23, 2004
Woodland Elementary used to be the best school, with Administration changes and so many great teachers that have left because of it, its not comfortable or welcoming anymore. Next year will probably have the same results of teachers leaving.

Woodland Elementary School
38203 Henry Drive, Zephyrhills, FL  33542
Last modified Woodland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.