553 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Chester W. Taylor, Jr. Elementary School 5

Posted October 01, 2015
To be quite honest, I am really surprised at some of the ratings on here. I am the mother of a 5th and 1st grader this year. I also have a 5 year old who was just past the cut off for Kindergarten, or she would be there as well. We are a military family, so my 5th grader has been to several schools. In fact, he has been to 5 schools. I think that many might not know what really truthfully makes a school great. It's the staff. My boys have gone to one of the best schools in the state as far as scores. It was in a nice area, the children test well, the staff was (mostly) good. I can tell you though, this school has the best staff. Setting testing and anything else aside. I really want to know that my kids are learning, happy, and safe. There are some areas I think that can be improved on, but I would recommend this school to anyone. I know what a bad school is. This is not one of them. I have never in my life seen a more involved principle. She is always outside helping with the car line. Always involved in activities, and if she doesn't know you, she introduces herself to you and makes sure you get to where you need to go, or see who you need to see. The coaches are involved. They are helping with multiple things at any given time. I don't base my opinions on someone else's. I know it's easy to read some of these reviews and decide to just move on and select a different school. My suggestion, go visit it and decide for yourself. It really deserves higher ratings than some seem to give.

Chester W. Taylor, Jr. Elementary School 5

Posted September 12, 2015
My son has been going to this school since Kindergarten, he just went into 4th grade. I have LOVED all of his teachers! they have been AMAZING with him and he is VERY happy at his school.... They recognized him as an above average student and have continually challenged him in his school work.

Chester W. Taylor, Jr. Elementary School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
My child has attended CTES 2 yrs, and will be starting his 3rd year. I do see the major communication problems. However, I take responsibility for my child and email and call often to stay on top of things. I am not certain how the kids who dont have someone to be their advocate make it in the school. The teachers are great. I think the problems come from poor communication and the principal trying to cover things up. There is no transparency.

Posted February 06, 2014
I truthfully wouldn't even give this school 1 star! My daughter has been diagnosed with ADHD and was told by the teacher that I needed to get her tested... in which I did. The reason I got her tested is so she can get more focused learning (which she needs-her teacher said so herself) and put her on the 504 plan at school. I am against medication and wanted to try out this 504 plan. Then I go in to speak to some one about doing so and I get a completely different response than I got from the teacher... there is NO COMMUNICATION IN THIS SCHOOL!! and so far nothing has been done to help my child at school! I have hired a tutor at home to help her and she does excellent on her home work but all I get from the teacher is negative comments. My child will not be returning to Chester Taylor next year I am very disappointed! The only reason I sent her there in the first place is because Quail Hallow shut down...now that was an excellent school!! I agree with another parent about chaperoning field trips I had to make 5 phone calls to the school just to get a time to be there to go with my child! they definitely have their favorites!

Chester W. Taylor, Jr. Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2013
My kids have been at this school for 7 years. I'm actually surprised at the comments I've read on here. My experience has been pretty good, overall. While I don't always agree with the new Principal's PC rules, her Admin Staff is great. My kids love it there. I will say that PLACE is TERRIBLE. My kids cried and begged not to go back. They barely watch the kids, they're constantly screaming at them..its like dropping your kids off at the pound. I wouldn't let them watch my goldfish.

Posted September 08, 2012
I attend this school when it first opened. I am now 25 years old and had my daughter attend for the 1st two years of her school. WOW, HAVE THINGS CHANGED. The principal is two faced and only likes to put up a show. I know teachers, staff, and voluntary that work at Chester Taylor and have either quit recently or trying to jump ship because of the way this school is ran. I also ate lunch with my daughter on a regular basis... well tried.. the lunch time is ridiculous, the kids barley have enough time to shove a sandwich and in their mouth before they are asked to clean up. I put my daughter in school for social skill building... but they have no time to interact in class, P.E., Lunch and no recess. I'm more than disappointed in this school and hope something changes soon! This school was once great, hopefully it will be again. Until this happens my daughter will not be attending.

Posted September 08, 2012
Anything over three star rating is from the staff..... instead of writing your own reviews why don't you change things, maybe than the 3 or above rating will actually be true and not from a person on the payroll!

Posted September 06, 2012
This school is in desperate need of of new leadership. I believe some of the parents here don't realize they have other choices than sending their child to this school, while other want to move their child but don't have the means to do so. Maybe someone will wake up and take notice there is a lot of unhappy parents, children and staff in this school. so sad.

Posted August 29, 2012
One year at this school resulted in my children being home schooled. There were several bad situations that occurred. The administration wanted zero parental involvement, and they did not seem to care about the well being of the kids in the least. I used to try to volunteer to chaperone, but there were only a few favorites used again and again. If I insisted on going on trips with my daughter, I was told they already picked who they wanted. I once was told I had to come in my own car, and sit in a separate area on my own, because I could not be part of the group since they had enough people. The school itself is deceptively nice looking. Just don't scratch beneath the surface. If I wasn't able to quit my job to home school, I would have gotten a second one to afford private school. It was that bad. I have not heard one good thing from other parents since we left. Horrible.

Posted March 30, 2012
Who is kidding who? Believe the stuff you read, its bad and getting worse. The truth is already posted here, nothing else to say.

Chester W. Taylor, Jr. Elementary School
3638 Morris Bridge Road, Zephyrhills, FL  33543
Last modified Chester W. Taylor, Jr. Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.