Zephyrhills, FL

Chester W. Taylor, Jr. Elementary School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
My child has attended CTES 2 yrs, and will be starting his 3rd year. I do see the major communication problems. However, I take responsibility for my child and email and call often to stay on top of things. I am not certain how the kids who dont have someone to be their advocate make it in the school. The teachers are great. I think the problems come from poor communication and the principal trying to cover things up. There is no transparency.

Posted February 06, 2014
I truthfully wouldn't even give this school 1 star! My daughter has been diagnosed with ADHD and was told by the teacher that I needed to get her tested... in which I did. The reason I got her tested is so she can get more focused learning (which she needs-her teacher said so herself) and put her on the 504 plan at school. I am against medication and wanted to try out this 504 plan. Then I go in to speak to some one about doing so and I get a completely different response than I got from the teacher... there is NO COMMUNICATION IN THIS SCHOOL!! and so far nothing has been done to help my child at school! I have hired a tutor at home to help her and she does excellent on her home work but all I get from the teacher is negative comments. My child will not be returning to Chester Taylor next year I am very disappointed! The only reason I sent her there in the first place is because Quail Hallow shut down...now that was an excellent school!! I agree with another parent about chaperoning field trips I had to make 5 phone calls to the school just to get a time to be there to go with my child! they definitely have their favorites!

Chester W. Taylor, Jr. Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2013
My kids have been at this school for 7 years. I'm actually surprised at the comments I've read on here. My experience has been pretty good, overall. While I don't always agree with the new Principal's PC rules, her Admin Staff is great. My kids love it there. I will say that PLACE is TERRIBLE. My kids cried and begged not to go back. They barely watch the kids, they're constantly screaming at them..its like dropping your kids off at the pound. I wouldn't let them watch my goldfish.

Posted September 08, 2012
I attend this school when it first opened. I am now 25 years old and had my daughter attend for the 1st two years of her school. WOW, HAVE THINGS CHANGED. The principal is two faced and only likes to put up a show. I know teachers, staff, and voluntary that work at Chester Taylor and have either quit recently or trying to jump ship because of the way this school is ran. I also ate lunch with my daughter on a regular basis... well tried.. the lunch time is ridiculous, the kids barley have enough time to shove a sandwich and in their mouth before they are asked to clean up. I put my daughter in school for social skill building... but they have no time to interact in class, P.E., Lunch and no recess. I'm more than disappointed in this school and hope something changes soon! This school was once great, hopefully it will be again. Until this happens my daughter will not be attending.

Posted September 08, 2012
Anything over three star rating is from the staff..... instead of writing your own reviews why don't you change things, maybe than the 3 or above rating will actually be true and not from a person on the payroll!

Posted September 06, 2012
This school is in desperate need of of new leadership. I believe some of the parents here don't realize they have other choices than sending their child to this school, while other want to move their child but don't have the means to do so. Maybe someone will wake up and take notice there is a lot of unhappy parents, children and staff in this school. so sad.

Posted August 29, 2012
One year at this school resulted in my children being home schooled. There were several bad situations that occurred. The administration wanted zero parental involvement, and they did not seem to care about the well being of the kids in the least. I used to try to volunteer to chaperone, but there were only a few favorites used again and again. If I insisted on going on trips with my daughter, I was told they already picked who they wanted. I once was told I had to come in my own car, and sit in a separate area on my own, because I could not be part of the group since they had enough people. The school itself is deceptively nice looking. Just don't scratch beneath the surface. If I wasn't able to quit my job to home school, I would have gotten a second one to afford private school. It was that bad. I have not heard one good thing from other parents since we left. Horrible.

Posted March 30, 2012
Who is kidding who? Believe the stuff you read, its bad and getting worse. The truth is already posted here, nothing else to say.

Chester W. Taylor, Jr. Elementary School 4

Posted March 29, 2012
Don't believe all the bad stuff you read about CWTES. Employees that leave are disgruntled! The stakes are high, so teaching standards are high. The administration has lots of supports in place for teachers WILLING to grow and improve for our students. Laziness in the classroom whether it's students OR teachers is just BAD business. Teachers who have been doing the bare minimum for years---time is UP for them!!!

Chester W. Taylor, Jr. Elementary School 3

Posted March 16, 2012
Can you explain some of th problems that are going on in this school so that the rest of us can know to?

Chester W. Taylor, Jr. Elementary School
3638 Morris Bridge Road, Zephyrhills, FL  33543
Last modified Chester W. Taylor, Jr. Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chester W. Taylor, Jr. Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top