579 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Sand Pine Elementary School 3

Posted April 21, 2016
Sand Pine Elementary, Average Teaching nothing out of the ordinary, Principal and entire staff other than lunch room supervisor lack communication. On more than one occassion my child had injuries at the school and they handled the situations as though nothing took place, nor did they communicate any of the situations with each other or the parent. I don't know how they keep receiving safety awards with practices like that....oh wait I just answered it....NO COMMUNICATION.......... I now have 3 kids at this school and soon another, nothing has changed, same problems with communication even though they had a change at the top two positions. I think the district needs to rotate teachers around so that they won't become stagnant. I feel that the teachers for the most part are to blame for their lack of communication, however the people in charge need to do just that....take charge and fix the problem or let someone take over that realizes how important communication is in the world.

Sand Pine Elementary School 3

Posted March 17, 2016
They give 10 minute recess. They sent my child home with referrals in kindergarten without me even getting a phone call, and was only given the referrals over a he said she said, no teacher officially saw it problem. I should of moved him from there then, now this year, because my child is a young 1st grader, he's had so much extra help and they recommended he see a doctor. That's fine, but the way teaching is now a days isn't to better the child.

Posted August 21, 2014
the best school ever, Ms. Ojeda is wonderful. no body else ever even in day care, kinder or Pre k. spent more time than her. she's a perfect example of dedication and love for her students. miss Judy up front. ufff I love her, the summer camp director super. everybody Martin Espinoza

Posted August 22, 2013
I love Sand Pine Elementary! My daughter is in first grade and my experience with the school is that everyone is warm and welcoming. I find that the staff is willing to help, have high standards and generally show an interest in my child.

Posted August 20, 2013
Wonderful school with great teachers! My children have had a great experience at Sand Pine

Sand Pine Elementary School 1

Posted March 30, 2013
My son was a special needs student who got limited support and understanding from the teachers and staff. Instead of trying to work with us, they actively worked against us and made commitments they never followed through with. I offered to pay to have a specialist come in and help the staff develop an understanding of his needs and why he behaved the way he did and they declined and explained they were experts in education. I removed him and placed him in a private school and upon testing him, he scored high school in 3 areas and on level in 3 other areas. He also went from a B and C student, to an Honor Roll/ Principal's Honor Roll student. He has truly blossomed since he left Sandpine. I have another child who is set to attend Sandpine and I am terrified.

Posted November 01, 2011
Our child studied there since kinder; unfortunately we had to move and we miss all the positive enviorement & great education he was receiveing. We felt part of the school as a great family. We are considering to move back just to keep our son in such a great elementary. We miss you so much SPES.

Posted October 12, 2010
My grandchildren go to Sand Pine Elementary and are doing very well at that school. The teachers there seem to be involved and interested in their students.

Posted October 10, 2010
Both of my kids go there and they love it but the school needs money for a computer lab, etc.

Posted October 10, 2010
Execellent school & teachers. Gorgeous grounds. But they need lots of stuff!!!!

29040 County Line Road, Zephyrhills, FL  33543
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. (813) 794-1900
Last modified Sand Pine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.