Bad
Good

Posted November 23, 2014
my son is in 1st grade an he hates this school his teacher says he a sweet boy but there wanting to put my son in special ed cause hes not good in math an he stutters....

Posted August 06, 2014
My daughter went here from 1st & 2nd grade. She was bullied & the principal & teachers didn't seem to care, I even had an employee in the front office complain about everything I did. We live in another county now & the schools are so much better.

Posted April 15, 2014
I think this school is awful I have a fifth grader who is failing all subjects and the teachers keep telling me how sweet and wonderful she is instead of helping her pass I am so unsatisfied that I am considering homeschooling so I can monitor her education on my own

Posted February 13, 2013
My child is in 2nd grade. My child started Allatoona Elem as a Preschooler moved on to Kindergarten then First grade. Preschool was good there as well as Kindergarten and some of 1st grade but now my daughter now has many behavioral problems and possible learning disorders. It takes WAY TOO LONG to get a child tested and therefore, eligible for Special Educational Services. Currently it takes 6-8 weeks that's just the process of "Watching your child stumble through classes daily so that they can document it down on paper as evidence that your child does have problems." After that then, they take the evidence to the meeting to determine if your child should be tested further to look for any disabilities or disorders. But to speed that process up, I took my child to a private doctor to get a Psychological and have testing done on my own. Even with that my child is still struggling and nothing is being done to correct the problems that she is having and that I am having. So with that.I hope to find a Private School that can give my child the support she needs. My child has had a horrible time with being bullied she's only 8 years old.

Posted December 09, 2010
My son is in 2nd grade at this school and has had problems all year with bullying kids. The teachers and principle do not seem to care at all, as I have called this to their attention several times. My son gets called fat on a daily basis and comes home crying. I also had a child go to kindergarten in this school a few years ago and I pulled her out after only 4 months and put her in a out of district school because of similar things...this school and its staff only care about themselves...I have NEVER had a good experience here and as soon as I can sell my home I will be moving to the Mission Rd Elem. district...they actually care about the kids.

Posted July 11, 2010
this school is GREAT i went to that school since pre-k and now is going south central and i hate it i wants to fail so bad so i can come back but i cant because the teachers taught me better than that! i LOVE ALES!

Posted May 11, 2010
Allatoona Elementary School cares about their children. My daughter just started there this year as a Pre-k child and she has had a terrific time, her teachers are very hands on and go out of their way to make each child feel comfortable and loved. Also within the past week, the entire school celebrated Earth Week and my lil girl rushed home to tell me about 'Mother Earth' and talked about how we must take care of her and help her..lol! We talked about recycling our paper goods, glass and making sure that we always turn off the lights when we leave the room. This school and their teachers are doing a fantastic job at nurturing their little minds and souls! This school really deserves kudos for going that extra mile!

Allatoona Elementary School 4

Posted October 20, 2009
My granddaughter was a student at Allatoona Elementary through 5th grade. She loved it and received excellent help from her teachers and the entire staff. I am a 40 year educator, and I am so pleased with her time there. Ms. Black was her teacher for 2 years (4th and 5th) and she went 'above and beyond' to help my grandchild. Kudos to all the staff and thanks from the perspective of a grandparent.

Posted July 21, 2009
both my kids wnet there from kindergarten to 5th.the teachers are great miss hannah,mrs riddle,miss black,mr bowen,loved miss ferrero so did my kids.great school.

Posted May 07, 2009
I feel that all involved with the school geniunely care for each child. There is so much pressure put on the school from the state that it does sometimes roll down to the children. Allatoona teachers do their best to remember these are children first and students second. Both being of equal importance.

Allatoona Elementary School
4150 New Hope Church Rd Se, Acworth, GA  30102
Last modified Allatoona Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.